PDA

View Full Version : Laughter is the best medicine ( though if Diabetic its obviously insulin )

mezzaninedoor
18-08-19, 18:35
I've just had a great 9 days up at the Edinburgh Fringe.
It was exhausting traipsing around the City to find venues but I think we know how to do it next time we go.

However we saw some great culture and comedy.
We took in Lou Sanders, Eddie Izzard, Alex Black, Alice Frazer plus some Music Comedy mash ups.
We saw Whose Line is it Anyway, some Improv plays like Love and MisInformation.
On Thursday we took in 3 circus shows, differing, in the Circus Hub.
We also saw Frances Barbers character creation Billie Trix, a hoot, set to Pet Shop Boys music.
I also performed for the first time with an Impromptu version of the Ice Ice Baby rap in the style of John Cooper Clarke.

Good Stuff, so much to choose from.

MyNameIsTerry
19-08-19, 01:55
Did you get a slot?

mezzaninedoor
19-08-19, 17:48
I got a guest appearance at a show, just 5 minutes but was fun.

jojo2316
19-08-19, 19:25
Are you a comedian mezzaninedoor??

MyNameIsTerry
20-08-19, 01:51
Do the people from your comedy group know? I bet they think it's great you got a set.

Scass
20-08-19, 08:41
Sounds brilliant!

mezzaninedoor
23-08-19, 14:34
Errr. I'm not a comedian but I do belong to a Comedy Improv troop locally.
We occasionally perform shows.
I also perform poetry that I write myself and in a Punk band.

I just got a very small 5 minute Open slot.
One day I'd like to take a show up there though. Probably Improv smattered with small light ( hopefully witty ) poetry.

People from my Improv community had shows there, theres so much stuff on.

WiredIncorrectly
23-08-19, 15:08
Do you have any videos? I'd love to see.

mezzaninedoor
23-08-19, 15:18
Yes. Are we allowed to share videos of ourselves on NMP? Just asking as I did it on a BiPolar forum and was told off, so to speak.

WiredIncorrectly
23-08-19, 15:28
Yes. Are we allowed to share videos of ourselves on NMP? Just asking as I did it on a BiPolar forum and was told off, so to speak.

I think so. I've shared a few things before. Probably best to wait for admin/terry/joe/fishman to confirm they know more.

jojo2316
23-08-19, 16:30
Oh I’d LOVE to see a video!!

MyNameIsTerry
23-08-19, 19:04
I don't know about the GDPR aspect of this but I can't see why we can't when we are allowed to use our real names and post pictures of ourselves. Adult humour might be a no no though due to the age minimum of the forum. Only Admin can say for sure but I've got a feeling it's been done before via links to other sites (Phill2 showed some footage of the coast via his drone).

MyNameIsTerry
23-08-19, 19:05
And yes, I'd love to see some of your work too :yesyes:

mezzaninedoor
25-08-19, 23:25
Aware I need to sort this.
But Im no genius. :)

mezzaninedoor
25-08-19, 23:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIB3BfnQpRA

Tonys first ever Stand Up routine, with a poem thrown in as well :)

Be Gentle.

Noivous
29-08-19, 17:34
Hey Mezz... you'll appreciate this:

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/08/29/dave-chappelle-just-might-save-america/

Sorry I've been incommunicado lately but have been extremely busy.

Not sure how it happened but somehow I've become the responsible one in my family...go figure.🤔

Talk soon.

lilla999
05-09-19, 03:23
it also seems to me that laughter, even hysterical, helps to throw out some emotions, after which it becomes much easier