PDA

View Full Version : One end of collarbone sticks out more

katniss
18-08-19, 23:02
Hello!

The end of my right clavicle or collar bone sticks out a bit more than the left. Near my shoulder. It’s almost like a prominent bony lump there. There is something similar on the other side but it is nowhere near as pronounced. If it was a swollen lymph node then I’m in trouble because it is rock hard and completely immobile. It feels like bone to me. But are lymph nodes on “top” of collarbones? Could that happen? Because this is ON my collar bone, not above or below. Really scared as I have been having breast pain as well on the right side and this is my right collar bone. Scared that this could be connected and could indicate metastasis. Oh gosh! Anyway, could it just be that naturally my collar bone sticks out on that side? Anyone have this?

Fishmanpa
18-08-19, 23:20
The human body is asymmetrical by nature.

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
18-08-19, 23:22
Sounds normal to me

bin tenn
19-08-19, 00:28
I also agree it sounds normal.

lofwyr
19-08-19, 01:31
The only people who approach symmetry can be found as models and movie stars. Symmetry is highly prized to the human brain, but very, very rare. And even those "beautiful people" lack symmetry, they just come closer than schmoes like me. I don't think I have a single bit of it anywhere on my body, save for maybe my feet. They seem pretty symmetrical. ;-)

katniss
19-08-19, 04:11
Thanks everyone,

This is just so weird because it feels like a bony lump on the end of my clavicle. There is a tiny lump on the left end of the clavicle and a big one at the right end of the clavicle. I didn’t think asymmetry would be this pronounced! Really hope that’s all it is

bin tenn
19-08-19, 04:18
Thanks everyone,

This is just so weird because it feels like a bony lump on the end of my clavicle. There is a tiny lump on the left end of the clavicle and a big one at the right end of the clavicle. I didn’t think asymmetry would be this pronounced! Really hope that’s all it is

You'd be surprised. Asymmetry is different for everyone. The degree and location of asymmetry are both very much dependent on the individual.

katniss
20-08-19, 00:46
I’m feeling really upset right now. My health anxiety isn’t something I discuss openly. I don’t let my paranoia out in front of my husband. I have only ever shared a few concerns with him. Today I very reluctantly shared this concern and he completely blew me off and told me I needed help. I get that. I totally understand that. But I am genuinely fearful of this being a swollen lymph node this time. It feels like a bony lymph node and this is scaring me so much. I’m going nuts because if it is a lymph node I know that it can be bad. Does anyone know if there are lymph nodes by the shoulder? My clavicle has a bump on it, but it’s all the way on the end. Not in the supraclavicular fossa. But near the shoulder bone. Are there lymph nodes there?

Fishmanpa
20-08-19, 00:58
There's no such thing as a "bony lymph node" :lac: Listen to your husband.

Positive thoughts

kah
20-08-19, 07:47
Lymph nodes are above & below the collarbone, not on it x

Chrysoprase
22-08-19, 00:23
I know I have been messaging with you about your other health anxiety issues but--this is actually another one we share! I worried about my collarbone being bigger on one side than the other for weeks recently. I poked and prodded at it until I made it swell up and then I was really petrified! I spiraled so much with it that I saw two different doctors, and both told me it was normal and "just the human body" as others here have said.

I would guess you got worried about it (and about lymph nodes) because you've been worried about your breast pain. That's what led me to start hyper-focusing on my collarbone as well. You can always ask your doc if you're really truly worried about it, but it sounds like the same completely normal thing I was worried about, too.

I should also mention it was this panic--spiraling from breast worry to collarbone worry and then beyond--that led me to start taking Paxil a couple weeks ago, on my doctor's recommendation.

katniss
22-08-19, 05:18
Chrysoprase - you’re kidding! That’s bonkers! Can’t believe we both have the exact same issue :/ But yeah I started checking my collarbone because of the lymph nodes there being associated with the breast etc; You can just imagine my shock at actually being able to feel something. One side on the end is huge compared to the other. But now I’m breathing a bit easy about it. Comes in waves though. Sometimes I start freaking out again. It’s just too much of a coincidence for one side to be swollen and not the other. And my poking and prodding didn’t make it swell. It’s the actual bone that’s more pointy and bigger lol