PDA

View Full Version : Prickly, burning feeling with skin that comes and goes...is this anxiety?

4bready
20-08-19, 13:09
Hi guys
So about three weeks ago I stared getting a prickly feeling on shins, knees, arms, face at times. It doesn't really itch, maybe burns a little but more prickly. I notice do that chest might get little red almost slightly hive looking. I even feel it in mouth at times. Is this an MS symptom as well?
Is this an anxiety thing?

My only other thought is we switched to lavender bar, dish, hand soap and fabric softener a few weeks ago.
Thanks

Fishmanpa
20-08-19, 13:45
we switched to lavender bar, dish, hand soap and fabric softener a few weeks ago.

Of the two schools of thought, MS or a change in soap products, which is more likely?

Positive thoughts

4bready
20-08-19, 19:17
True :)
Can anxiety cause that sensation as well? Thanks

DustingMyselfOff
20-08-19, 19:23
True :)
Can anxiety cause that sensation as well? Thanks

Yup. It now seems to be my first warning signal that anxiety is about to visit.
Sue

Fishmanpa
20-08-19, 19:33
Can anxiety cause that sensation as well?

Absolutely! (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Numbness_or_tingling_in_hands_and_feet)

Positive thoughts

bin tenn
21-08-19, 02:12
Maybe anxiety isn't the cause, but that doesn't mean anything. Sometimes these things don't have any apparent cause or explanation. That's why acceptance is key in getting past anxiety; you must learn to accept uncertainty, and accept that there aren't always answers.