PDA

View Full Version : Any Diabetes experts ?

BadCompany
23-08-19, 19:54
About 8 months ago i had a fasting blood glucose test with other cbc blood work......mine was a 99

Is the fasting test good at finding diabetes?
I know of the a1C test but never had it as far as I know...I've had lots of blood work done at emergency rooms over the years but nothing showed up....and they took a lot of blood.....

I seem to have a lot of symptoms along with non stop left back pain just below bottom rib.....

I'm very worried.....very...

ankietyjoe
23-08-19, 20:18
This is a question for your Doctor, not here. It's as much a lifestyle question as glucose reading, so an answer must be given by somebody who's qualified to answer.

Fishmanpa
23-08-19, 20:30
So is it your pancreas or diabetes?

Positive thoughts

BadCompany
23-08-19, 20:43
Both I've read that sudden diabetes is a pre-cursor to pc......:sad:

jojo2316
23-08-19, 20:47
About 8 months ago i had a fasting blood glucose test with other cbc blood work......mine was a 99

Is the fasting test good at finding diabetes?
I know of the a1C test but never had it as far as I know...I've had lots of blood work done at emergency rooms over the years but nothing showed up....and they took a lot of blood.....

I seem to have a lot of symptoms along with non stop left back pain just below bottom rib.....

I'm very worried.....very...

Why have you been in emergency rooms so many times BadCompany?

ankietyjoe
23-08-19, 21:56
Both I've read that sudden diabetes is a pre-cursor to pc......:sad:

And I read that chickens lay eggs.

That doesn't make me a chicken.

BadCompany
23-08-19, 23:07
Jojo I cant remember every time.....

once had a very severe headache....diagnosed with worst headaches known to man (clusterheadaches)

Last time was for blood clots in urine......had a CT for that 2.5 years ago.....all clear

Bootles
24-08-19, 01:00
My hubby is t1 since age 4. It's a very good test as it detected his as a child when breast showing extreme symptoms. It's also been accurate for my pregnant friend who had gest. Diabetes and she had pregnancy hormones going on.

This was 91 btw.

jojo2316
24-08-19, 09:45
Jojo I cant remember every time.....

once had a very severe headache....diagnosed with worst headaches known to man (clusterheadaches)

Last time was for blood clots in urine......had a CT for that 2.5 years ago.....all clear

Im just trying to work out whether health anxiety has been a feature of your life for a while?