PDA

View Full Version : Spit/saliva on the ground

textsfromthemoon
23-08-19, 22:18
So I was out for a walk near my apartment complex, I was walking in a paved area that is a little bit overgrown, it’s just the top part of where the complex is that isn’t really used for anything though some people do walk their dogs there.

Anyway as I was coming back down to where the apartments/cars are I saw a few puddles of what appeared to be spit or saliva? It wasn’t really foamy or weird but definitely bubbly/looked like spit and there were quite a few decent sized puddles of it. I didn’t touch it but when I first saw it I did lean down a bit to see what it was, I had flip flops on. I don’t believe I stepped in it/didn’t feel anything wet on my foot, but could it have been from an animal with rabies?

I didn’t see any animals or people around, I feel stupid but also really scared. I’m scared that it could have touched my foot since I had open shoes on, I don’t really have any open cuts on my foot just a few bug bites.

nomorepanic
23-08-19, 22:22
You can't get rabies like this and you are fine.

textsfromthemoon
23-08-19, 22:28
Thank you so much for replying, honestly just writing out my thoughts and then re reading them with your response really helped me calm down and think more rationally. Thank you again

nomorepanic
23-08-19, 22:35
You are welcome.

HelloPanda23
24-08-19, 04:43
Sunlight kills the rabies virus. Don’t overthink your situation, it doesn’t make sense. Good luck with you anxiety!

textsfromthemoon
24-08-19, 07:56
Hearing that it doesn't make sense honestly helps a lot :roflmao:i always feel like if even other anxiety sufferers think I'm being irrational then I definitely know I am, and thank you!! Trying my best to work through this one, keeping myself away from Google and trying to rationalize

HelloPanda23
24-08-19, 14:02
Of course! I know for a fact that you don’t have the rabies virus because of the situation you describe and also because of how rare it is. In all seriousness, the fear of rabies is the most irrational anxiety in this whole forum; besides for SFI. If i were you, I wouldn’t waste another second on this fear oh and also, I’ve gone through the rabies fear myself, so trust me I know how scary it is. It’s good to hear that you’re getting a peace of mind, hopefully it stays that way.

textsfromthemoon
28-08-19, 08:04
Thank you for responding! It's nice to hear from someone who has been through this ridiculous fear too, I think I might try to use the CBT workbooks that are linked in the HA forum, I think they would help me a lot, whenever my mind tries to go to thoughts about rabies I try to distract myself or force myself to rationalize, I know I'll get through this, just wish I could get rid of this fear for good.

textsfromthemoon
07-09-19, 04:56
I've been doing okay but tonight I felt a little achy/off and took my temperature and it was 100?? I was at my friends apartment beforehand and it was very warm there but could that raise my temp? It was only 100 once, I took it again a while later and it was down to 99, other than a little achy I don't have any other symptoms so the fact my temperature is up is really freaking me out and scaring me that it could be rabies? I'm really anxious at the moment and not sure how to calm down.

BlueIris
07-09-19, 05:07
There is absolutely no way it could be rabies. It's completely impossible.

Fishmanpa
07-09-19, 05:38
Let me share something that happened tonight. I perform at the resorts in the Shenandoah National Park. Tonight (and several times over the years) a bat flew into my car/windshield. Other than possibly injuring that bat, that's it. Could I get rabies from that? Other than feeling bad for the bat, it's not a thought that even remotely crossed my mind. You're talking about something even more impossible if that's even possible.

Positive thoughts

textsfromthemoon
07-09-19, 07:56
Thank you both so much for the input it really helped a lot! :) I think the temp. plus the fact my bf is away for work until sunday just caused a difficult moment for me, but ive been distracting myself and am feeling a lot less anxious now, I have work tomorrow so I'm hoping that will help be a distraction as well.

And thats really cool that you perform in a National Park! Hopefully the poor bat was okay and he just has a headache now lol

Fishmanpa
07-09-19, 17:00
And thats really cool that you perform in a National Park! Hopefully the poor bat was okay and he just has a headache now lol

It really is a cool gig. I've been a regular performer at the two lodges for the last nine years. I first visited the Park in my Sr. year of high school and fell in love with it. It's one of the most beautiful areas in the US (do a Google image search and you'll see what I mean). Fall is coming and leaves will be decorating the mountains in a glorious display of color. There are deer, bears, fox, bobcats etc. but I'm pretty vigilant and keep my eyes peeled at all times. I've been fortunate that I haven't hit much wildlife other than an occasional possum or skunk. I think the bat will be Ok as it was just a glancing blow ;) The bugs and moths on the other hand?.... ;)

Positive thoughts

roseanxiety
07-09-19, 18:19
That is so cool Fish. I thought you were from the UK! Not sure why though. I always enjoy your posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

textsfromthemoon
08-09-19, 08:25
Wow I just googled the area you mentioned in the previous comment, it looks beautiful! Also its nice to meet a fellow east-coaster on here, I'm your neighbor to the north in good ole New Jersey. We have a lot of wildlife where I live as well, I see so many animals when I'm on my way home from work, the deer can be the worst, they will straight up just walk right in front of your car, I hit a raccoon on accident once and felt SO bad about it

Thank you to all of you guys who responded :) I felt much better today, a co-worker was sick this week and we share an office so I think I may have just been fighting off what she had, I did a lot better anxiety wise today as well!

Fishmanpa
08-09-19, 13:38
Wow I just googled the area you mentioned in the previous comment, it looks beautiful! Also its nice to meet a fellow east-coaster on here, I'm your neighbor to the north in good ole New Jersey.

I grew up in Cherry Hill ;) My family still lives in S Jersey.

Positive thoughts

textsfromthemoon
11-09-19, 07:21
I grew up in Cherry Hill ;) My family still lives in S Jersey.

Positive thoughts

OMG! I know exactly where that is!! How cool to meet a fellow New Jerseyan on here!

Fishmanpa
11-09-19, 13:51
OMG! I know exactly where that is!! How cool to meet a fellow New Jerseyan on here!

Yo! :yesyes:

Positive thoughts