PDA

View Full Version : Decreased urination - kidney failure

MrLurcher
25-08-19, 14:11
Oh well, I've managed to kerb the health worries for a few months now. I'm still waiting to hear back from the docs regarding my heart scan, which will be 3 weeks tomorrow, but I'm feeling better about that. Haven't had many heart symptoms for quite a while, except the odd palpitation.

Last week or so I've noticed I'm not peeing a lot, for example. I only pee'd twice yesterday, and only once today so far - and it was quite yellow. I drank two pints of water an hour ago, and nothing's happened yet - usually I'll be peeing by now. I don't tend to drink that much during the daytimes. Yesterday I had two cups of tea, a coffee, one glass of squash and a small bottle of beer before bed. And today, before I drank two pints of water I've had one coffee and a small tea. Last night I was doing gardening until 9.30pm.

I do sweat a lot anyway, but I can't see how this explains the lack of peeing, I can usually sweat a lot and pee.

Concerned that this could be first stages of kidney failure. I've still got the pitting edema in my left shin, although that could be related to a long term sports injury on my shin bone. I'm tired a lot, but I've felt tired for years. My legs have also been a bit achy

Perhaps a trip to the docs is best, a found out a few months ago that a friend of my dad has had long term kidney failure, diagnosed in his late 20's. He's now on dialysis daily, not sure if that's a trigger for all these thoughts.

Really don't want to spiral again, but if my urination doesn't return to normal soon then I'm going to.

BlueIris
25-08-19, 14:17
Mr L, our bodies are in a constant state of flux - things change.

Easier to accept this sooner rather than later.

KK77
25-08-19, 14:24
You started off your post positively but I was waiting for the inevitable twist :lac:

Don't dig yourself another HA hole and sabotage any good work you've achieved recently. Understand that this new obsession with "kidney failure" is just another excuse to satisfy your compulsions of getting checked out again.

Your HA Beast is waiting to be fed...

Dying_Swan
25-08-19, 20:25
If I drank what you drink, I'd be parched. The answer is in your post :)

MrLurcher
14-09-19, 22:49
So I didn’t want to start a new thread as this is based around similar symptoms. Past week or so I’ve been feeling quite thirsty at times. Wednesday I drank a tea in the morning and then had to do some manual stuff for 3-4 hours, it was quite hot. Afterwards, I was extremely thirsty and drank 3 cans of pop. I don’t usually drink that much fizzy stuff but I just felt so thirsty. I’ve had a few bought like that throughout the week. Today, I was putting up a fence in garden, from 11am till 6pm in the sun. I had only drunk half a coffee until 2.30ish, the downed a bottle of coke, followed by a few glasses of water. I started worrying late afternoon about diabetes again ( I went through a phase back in January) and I’ve felt thirsty ish till now. Mouth also a bit dry now. I had a bad cold start of the week so I know that can make you a bit dehydrated. It’s warmer recently and I probably don’t drink enough anyway, could I be chronically mildly hydrated instead of diabetes? Pretty worried that it could be the latter.

NotDeadYet
14-09-19, 22:59
Mr.Lurcher,

Just to make sure I'm understanding your fluid intake correctly: you worked in the sun doing manual labor for 7 hours and only had a cup of coffee, a Coke (extremely dehydrating) and some water? This is the perfect, text book recipe for not only a dry mouth and thirst but for dehydration. Take a deep breath first and then begin guzzling water!

Best Wishes

MrLurcher
15-09-19, 09:18
Yes, I worked about 7 hours. Very warm and sweated quite a bit. Had a coffee in the morning, then a bottle of coke around 2pm, followed by a glass of water and a few cups of lemonade (maybe not the best thing). This morning my mouth and tongue are dry again, although I dont feel that thirst. I haven't felt my mouth this dry until today.

My eating habits have been poor over the last few months - eating some more sugary stuff, and going through a few ice lollies in the night. I'm not overweight, but have put on half a stone or maybe more over the course of 3 months, so that makes me more at risk of diabetes. I haven't weighed myself as I'm too ashamed to find out, but I think I'm around 12.5 stone at 5ft 10.

I don't think I'm dehydrated because my urine colour is fine, so looks like it could be onset diabetes :-( My mother in law is diabetic so I could visit her to do a glucose test, but I've done a few this year with her and she may not appreciate me doing it again and again.

Or maybe I'm still sub-consciously affected by health anxiety and hyper aware of 'normal' bodily changes/ups and downs, I just wish this dry mouth would go away now.

NotDeadYet
15-09-19, 15:24
I'd put my money on anxiety. I once went to the doctor for a check up and my mouth was extremely dry when he looked inside. I don't have diabetes and he said my dry mouth was caused by my anxiety. You may be in a cycle right now where you're worried about dry mouth and thus your body is creating dry mouth because of your worries.

Best Wishes

MrLurcher
15-09-19, 17:10
Ok, I'm worried now, and I know this will all sound stupid, but I've seen signs today. Earlier in Tesco there was a collection box for Diabetes UK, thought 'oh, thats typical timing'. But while on a walk with the family just now, I saw two glucose measuring strips about 150 yards from each other. Coincidence? I think the world is trying to tell me something.......

Maybe it's best I get myself tested asap, I'm freaking out because of these signs now. My mouth has felt dry all day, but I havent felt thirsty like yesterday. Very tired though.

Scass
15-09-19, 17:21
My goodness you spiralled into that one quickly!

Do you ever do anything to fight the anxiety?

MrLurcher
15-09-19, 17:26
My goodness you spiralled into that one quickly!

Do you ever do anything to fight the anxiety?

I did hypnotherapy back in march - april, but I've just been trying to get on with life, keeping busy. I've been ok-ish from end of March until August apart from a few wobblies. However I feel it's returning with vengeance atm, the symptoms dont help, and I feel it's the symptoms before anxiety usually.

NotDeadYet
15-09-19, 18:32
Mr. Lurcher

I want you to Google Confirmation Bias. What you experienced with the advertisement and glucose strips is classic confirmation bias.

Best Wishes

MrLurcher
15-09-19, 19:04
Mr. Lurcher

I want you to Google Confirmation Bias. What you experienced with the advertisement and glucose strips is classic confirmation bias.

Best Wishes

I have experienced confirmation bias before with other health issues, so understand that it may be happening again. However I cannot rationalise at the moment, especially the symptoms. I can usually go a whole day without needing a drink sometimes, so don't know where this dry mouth is coming from.

Fishmanpa
15-09-19, 19:08
don't know where this dry mouth is coming from.

Dry mouth

What you feel:

You find it hard to swallow because of a lack of saliva. Your tongue feels dry or sticky.
What causes this:

High stress biology reduces saliva in order to prepare the body for action. Sustained high stress biology produces a dry mouth.

Positive thoughts

MrLurcher
15-09-19, 19:15
I know FMP, I have experienced dry mouth when nervous/anxious before, but not in conjunction with other symptoms like the thirst. Maybe I'll give it a few days to see if symptoms improve/change. My sinuses are still a bit congested following my cold, so that could also be a reason.

Bakebeansrule
15-09-19, 19:31
I can’t help you with your anxiety, I’m spiralling with my own issues at the moment but what I can say is a diagnosis of diabetes is not the end of the world IF and it’s a big IF you did have it there’s so much help and information. I’ve managed to reverse my type 2 diabetes within 3 months with lots of effort and hard work.

Also I didn’t have any symptoms mine was picked up after having a blood test for something else

NotDeadYet
15-09-19, 19:39
I have experienced confirmation bias before with other health issues, so understand that it may be happening again. However I cannot rationalise at the moment, especially the symptoms. I can usually go a whole day without needing a drink sometimes, so don't know where this dry mouth is coming from.

Thanks for clarifying. Frankly, I personally would be more concerned about going a whole day without needing liquids than I would be about dry mouth. Go to the doctor, get checked and receive the reassurance and then begin recovery. It sounds like you've had a decent track record previously with working through your HA. You have the power within you to do it again.

Best Wishes

pulisa
15-09-19, 19:51
Why not try to sit with the anxiety rather than going back to the GP again? Just to avoid more anxiety-provoking tests as your GP isn't too hot on how to manage HA? Or do you want the tests as they help you to move on...to the next "issue"?

MrLurcher
15-09-19, 20:08
Hi Pulisa, yeah I am going to try. I mentioned in the reply to FMP that maybe ill give it a few days to see if the symptoms settle. Unfortunately when i am hit by symptoms I spiral into a place of dread and despair and become a very miserable and unpleasant person, so I always want a quick get out. Theres the option of my MIL testing my blood sugar as she is diabetic, but we havent been seeing eye to eye recently so refraining from asking her.

MrLurcher
15-09-19, 20:28
And the frequent urination has started now, been 3 times in 2 hours. Friday I went 9am - 5pm without going. Ironic this thread is called ‘decreased urination’, tempted fate. Id say its looking ominous now.

pulisa
15-09-19, 20:28
Isn't she the retired GP? She's very much on the ball regarding your HA so I can imagine what she would say...

I do understand about the "quick get out" but if you can sit with the symptoms it would be so much better.

pulisa
15-09-19, 20:30
And the frequent urination has started now, been 3 times in 2 hours. Friday I went 9am - 5pm without going. Ironic this thread is called ‘decreased urination’, tempted fate. Id say its looking ominous now.

From kidney failure to diabetes in a weekend?

MrLurcher
15-09-19, 20:32
Yeah I know, sounds daft to the outsider reading this. And I can acknowledge some of the daftness, but the fear has taken hold now.

She is a retired dr, but was an anaesthetist. She has struggled greatly with her diabetes, and has now got heart issues from it. Some people can say its a manageable condition, but from my experience it sounds terrifying.

Fishmanpa
15-09-19, 20:42
Yeah I know, sounds daft to the outsider reading this.

It IS daft! There's a clear cause and effect but your dragon is making mountains out of anthills.

Positive thoughts

Elen
16-09-19, 08:17
Oh well, I've managed to kerb the health worries for a few months now.

Mr Lurcher, sadly this statement is not true. You last posted about your bowel worries on the 6th of this month.

MrLurcher
16-09-19, 08:50
Mr Lurcher, sadly this statement is not true. You last posted about your bowel worries on the 6th of this month.

I started this thread back on the 25th of August though, then posted about my bowel worries, then returned to this thread. Admittedly, it doesn't look good from an anxiety point of way.

pulisa
16-09-19, 08:53
It's good that you can acknowledge your HA though.

MrLurcher
16-09-19, 10:48
Would I be feeling unwell if I had Type 1 diabetes? My mouth is still feeling dry and I've got an ulcer on the side of my tongue, maybe another symptom? Or maybe 'cos I've been constantly trying to create saliva in my mouth. I don't feel thirsty at all tbh, unless I'm in the very early stages of it.

My MIL has offered to test my blood sugar tonight, but I don't know whether to do it or hold on. If I have diabetes then I'd probably find out pretty soon anyway, however a simple test will provide me instant relief from this worry, and I can carry on.

MrLurcher
16-09-19, 17:42
Im not sure if I have oral thrush, which is a symptom of untreated diabetes. My throat and back of my mouth looks quite red in areas and theres a white patch on my tonsil. Yes Ive had a cold last week and been coughing / snorting up phlegm now and again, but I thought I wouldnt still have redness. Oh dear....

pulisa
16-09-19, 18:00
Have you been studying Dr Google avidly for diabetes symptoms?

MrLurcher
16-09-19, 18:05
Not googling symptoms exactly, but reading personal stories. One gentlemans only symptom was thrush.

utrocket09
16-09-19, 18:10
Would I be feeling unwell if I had Type 1 diabetes? My mouth is still feeling dry and I've got an ulcer on the side of my tongue, maybe another symptom? Or maybe 'cos I've been constantly trying to create saliva in my mouth. I don't feel thirsty at all tbh, unless I'm in the very early stages of it.

My MIL has offered to test my blood sugar tonight, but I don't know whether to do it or hold on. If I have diabetes then I'd probably find out pretty soon anyway, however a simple test will provide me instant relief from this worry, and I can carry on.

If you test tonight what is to keep you from continuously testing ? If you actually had diabetes you would feel unwell.

MrLurcher
16-09-19, 18:15
Yeah I suppose that is true. She tested me twice back between jan-march when I was at the height of my anxiety

pulisa
16-09-19, 19:23
With those urine sticks-diastix?

Have you acknowledged to yourself that you were wrong as regards all your other health issues? The imminent demise from cardiac failure on the football pitch? The insidious bowel cancer? MS and your pitted oedema? How are they all progressing tonight?

MrLurcher
16-09-19, 20:12
No she used her blood sugar thing, where you prick your finger and draw a blob of blood etc.

Yes, I am battling inside my head that I've been wrong multiple times regarding health worries now, trying to use a CBT approach.........it's just difficult.

pulisa
16-09-19, 20:31
You really don't want to be labelled a hypochondriac at the GP surgery because when you actually have a genuine health issue (somewhere along the line) you may not be taken seriously due to your history. It shouldn't happen but it does.

Admitting to being wrong in the past is your aim. Applying this to the current health issue is the hard bit.

Quinn1
17-09-19, 02:46
You really don't want to be labelled a hypochondriac at the GP surgery because when you actually have a genuine health issue (somewhere along the line) you may not be taken seriously due to your history. It shouldn't happen but it does.

Admitting to being wrong in the past is your aim. Applying this to the current health issue is the hard bit.

I could not agree more.

MrLurcher
17-09-19, 10:01
I'm getting quite worried about this white patch in my mouth now, it's been there for a few days, and I cannot remove it with a cotton bud or anything. When I saw it first I thought it was phlegm but it's not, then I thought thrush, but don't think it's that. It's actually on my tonsil. I've never suffered from tonsilitis, so the only other explanation for a white patch is CANCER. Oh no....

BlueIris
17-09-19, 10:08
Please tell me you're joking, Mr. L?

There's plenty of other rational explanations - go have a chat to your GP but mention that your health anxiety is an issue.

MrLurcher
17-09-19, 10:12
Please tell me you're joking, Mr. L?

There's plenty of other rational explanations - go have a chat to your GP but mention that your health anxiety is an issue.

No I am not joking at all, wish I was. There's a white blemish, about half the size of a drawing pin head on it, and it looks a bit swollen. I still have lots of phlegm following my cold last week, and I did have a sore throat last week, but this white blemish doesn't look normal to me.

BlueIris
17-09-19, 10:16
Only doctors know what's normal for the inside of your throat. Chances are it's just a bit of infection left over from your cold.

In the meantime, work on your coping strategies - you don't need to leap down the rabbit hole.

MrLurcher
17-09-19, 10:33
Just looked up statistics and the one of the highest incidences are on tonsils........sh*t sh*t sh*t.

BlueIris
17-09-19, 10:34
...You know what I was just telling you about not jumping down the rabbit hole?

I was strong this weekend (no googling Lyme disease fatalities!), and you can be strong too.

MrLurcher
17-09-19, 10:39
You're stronger than me BI. I'm going to ring the docs.

BlueIris
17-09-19, 10:41
Try to stay rational, okay? It'll save you being dismissed as a hypochondriac later.

MrLurcher
17-09-19, 10:47
They had no appointments available today and the only slot available for pre-booking was the 24th. I'm going to need to ring up again tomorrow. I really can't sit with this, here I am worrying about diabetes and there's worse in the form of mouth cancer on my tonsil.

BlueIris
17-09-19, 10:49
You don't have oral cancer, you have a severe anxiety disorder.

Tell me about some of the strategies you learned in therapy?

MrLurcher
17-09-19, 11:10
You don't have oral cancer, you have a severe anxiety disorder.

Tell me about some of the strategies you learned in therapy?

Looking at statistics. The chances of someone my age having mouth cancer is 0.0003%, but someones gotta make up that figure right? I don't smoke (well only a tiny bit in college) and rarely drink alcohol, so those are positive.

Looking at the past. How many times have I been wrong? Worried about something that didn't come true?

BlueIris
17-09-19, 11:12
0.0003% is three in a million, Mr. L, and your odds are considerably less than that given that you barely drink and only smoked a tiny bit.

You must know by now that you have a tendency to catastrophise, too.

MrLurcher
17-09-19, 12:00
Yes I know I catastrophise, and not just in terms of health worries.

I'm sure FMP will be along to tell me about oral cancer, as he is a survivor. Even with those odds, I can't help but worry when the symptom is there staring me in the face.

BlueIris
17-09-19, 12:01
It's also a symptom of any number of other things, most of which are a lot more common than oral cancer.

Fishmanpa
17-09-19, 12:12
I'm sure FMP will be along to tell me about oral cancer, as he is a survivor.

Nope, you know the deal and you're already spiraling :lac: SSDD I'm afraid :(

Positive thoughts

utrocket09
17-09-19, 12:59
I'm getting quite worried about this white patch in my mouth now, it's been there for a few days, and I cannot remove it with a cotton bud or anything. When I saw it first I thought it was phlegm but it's not, then I thought thrush, but don't think it's that. It's actually on my tonsil. I've never suffered from tonsilitis, so the only other explanation for a white patch is CANCER. Oh no....

I am putting money on it that it is a tonsil stone. They can be either large or small white spots on the tonsils.

MrLurcher
17-09-19, 13:05
I am putting money on it that it is a tonsil stone. They can be either large or small white spots on the tonsils.

It's not a tonsil stone, the blemish is actually my tonsil skin, and is cream/white/grey. Hopefully I'll be able to see a doc tomorrow.

My other tonsil has smaller cream/white patches dots, but is a different shape altogether.

I still have the remnants of a cold, but haven't noticed my tonsils affected before.

pulisa
17-09-19, 13:16
I came on here to try to help you but my son currently has a suspicious oral lesion and is under hospital supervision so.....

Just stop it. Stop looking for issues which you don't have. Stop using here as a platform for getting attention.

utrocket09
17-09-19, 13:17
It's not a tonsil stone, the blemish is actually my tonsil skin, and is cream/white/grey. Hopefully I'll be able to see a doc tomorrow.

My other tonsil has smaller cream/white patches dots, but is a different shape altogether.

I still have the remnants of a cold, but haven't noticed my tonsils affected before.

Yes. tonsil stones can get stuck on the tonsil skin. They can also range in color. I get them often. They can be on one tonsil or both.

MrLurcher
17-09-19, 13:56
I came on here to try to help you but my son currently has a suspicious oral lesion and is under hospital supervision so.....

Just stop it. Stop looking for issues which you don't have. Stop using here as a platform for getting attention.

Sorry to hear that Pulisa, hope you get some answers soon. Must be an extremely worrying time for you.

MrLurcher
18-09-19, 18:38
So I caved in today as my mouth has been very dry. My MIL tested my, but I think Ive opened another can of worms. It was 3.9. Low blood sugar? She said this is completely normal in a non-diabetic person, but im trying really hard not to google now. She tried to reassure me this is nothing to worry about and my aymtpoms of peeing and dry mouth contradict the levels anyway. Its high blood sugar that causes those symptoms. I havent eaten much today, and barely drunk because I keep getting urges to pee. Why couldnt it have been bang on normal?!!

MrLurcher
19-09-19, 11:59
So also, for the past 3-4 days ive also got a dry tongue, sore a bit as well on the sides.

I have been obsessively generating saliva and swallowing bevause my mouth has been dry - anxiety? I dunno? Maybe the constant rubbing of my tongue against my teeth and mouth roof during the swallowing has irritated it?

I have suffered from geographic tongue for about 10 years so not sure if thats related.

Just a bit worried as a dry tongue could be an auto immune disease symptom. Ive also been peeing a lot, again, maybe anxiety, and not drinking as a result of that, so could be chronically dehydrated?

BlueIris
19-09-19, 12:21
If you're peeing more you need to drink more, otherwise you could actually make yourself ill.

MrLurcher
19-09-19, 22:52
Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has suffered prolonged dry mouth and tongue?

On Sunday I scared myself into thinking I was diabetic because after working in the garden all day I became very thirsty and felt parched until night time. Started getting a dry mouth, and began peeing more often - almost on cue with the diabetic worries.

I tested my blood sugar with my MIL who is diabetic yesterday, and it was 3.9. Worried it's actually too low, but she said this is completely ok in non-diabetic people - she is also a retired dr, so I try and trust her judgement.

I still feel I'm peeing more often, and I don't think I'm dehydrated. I had a horrid cold/virus last weekend, starting on the 8th, coughing up loads of phlegm, mild temp, sore throat and bunged sinuses. I'm still a little bunged up now, and there's still some white/yellow marks on my tonsils which is concerning me - not stones or pus, just white/yellow discolouration.

However this dry mouth and tongue is really stressing me out. Since monday I've been constantly swallowing, manually producing saliva and just obsessing about it - I don't if I'm creating the problem, or if it's genuinely there. I've also had boughts of geographic tongue for around 10 years and that's flaring up a bit now.

I've had a glut of anxiety symptoms over the past year since my HA kicked off - tingling, IBS went into overdrive, headaches and dizziness, head rushes, tinnitus worsened, overactive bladder, palpitations and being out of breath and so on.......but I can't bring myself to think it's anxiety again.

I'm concerned that there's a serious issue going on, like an autoimmune disease or something, especially as there's still marks on my tonsils. There's some nasty things coming up if I google these symptoms, and I'm trying really hard to not visit the doc again.

I'm seriously at my wits end with new and changing symptoms, it feels relentless at times.

nomorepanic
19-09-19, 23:09
I have had a dry mouth (more so at night) for 2 years now. The docs say there is nothing wrong.

BlueIris
20-09-19, 04:22
Reframe it, Mr. L - they're not symptoms, they're sensations.

MrLurcher
20-09-19, 07:49
The white/cream marks on my tonsils are symptoms though. Theyve been there all week and all medical websites say they should go within a few days, and my sore throat was getting better last wednesday.

BlueIris
20-09-19, 07:51
Have a chat to a professional, but it's genuinely unlikely to be anything nasty. Remember what happened to me this weekend? The internet told me that a rash like mine couldn't be anything other than a serious disease. I'm still fine, though.

MrLurcher
20-09-19, 07:55
Well I spoke with my GP yesterday over the phone and told him about the tonsils and all he said was give it another week. I just know they’ll still be there in a week’s time

BlueIris
20-09-19, 08:06
So what if they are? Sometimes things linger a bit.

MrLurcher
20-09-19, 09:55
Maybe you're right, just can't feel like there's an underlying cause giving me these symptoms. Feel so run down today, been on multi vits, omega3, and vitamin C supplements all week, but nothing's helping.

BlueIris
20-09-19, 09:57
How many times have you felt there was a sinister underlying cause before, though, and how many times have you been right?

Quinn1
20-09-19, 11:31
I’ve had a dry mouth and tongue,mine was caused by medication.

MrLurcher
20-09-19, 13:13
Im not on any meds though....

MrLurcher
20-09-19, 15:26
Im having a major panic now, the back of my tongue has felt really dry this afternoon, even after drinking plenty. So i look in the mirror and it looks a bit red, I scratch it with my finger nail and its bleeding! I said this is something bad. Ive rang my surgery and asked for an appt, and the receptionist just said she’ll get a doc to ring me. I need to be seen soon

BlueIris
20-09-19, 15:29
Okay, so, let's look at this logically.

You scratch your throat with your fingernail. It bleeds. Can you see the cause and effect here?

You need to learn to stop yourself spiralling.

nomorepanic
20-09-19, 15:50
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

MrLurcher
20-09-19, 17:29
Just been at the doc, she just prescribed me some mouth wash and did say my tongue was a but dry - so i wasnt imagining it. I just hope this works.

I asked her if she saw my tonsils and she just said theres nothing too worrying going on there.

I just wish the symptomas will go away, I havent been panicking about them too much until today , so why they wont improve I dunno.

Unless Im deluded into thinking how anxious I am

Fishmanpa
20-09-19, 17:32
Unless Im deluded into thinking how anxious I am

Just go back and read your threads/posts. It's painfully obvious.

Positive thoughts

MrLurcher
20-09-19, 17:41
She also said my glands were up a bit and ive never had that before.....even more worrying

BlueIris
20-09-19, 17:48
Admit it, Mr. L, you're enjoying yourself just a tiny bit ;)

MrLurcher
20-09-19, 18:06
Wish I was! All I can think of right now is Lymphomatic cancers.....

Why did my glands have to be up a bit as well? I just cant win.

Would it be best to go back the docs in a weeks time to check my glands again? I dont think I can feel them myself, but I just know that lymphoma is going to be on my mind for the next weeks now.

I'm at breaking point again, giving up on life.

Scass
20-09-19, 19:43
Hang on, are we off diabetes?

Your doctor isn’t worried by anything she saw. You’re ok.

MrLurcher
21-09-19, 08:09
Hang on, are we off diabetes?

Your doctor isn’t worried by anything she saw. You’re ok.

Yes I had a blood sugar test midweek, all fine, albeit a bit low which apparently ok.

saw a doc yesterday for my dry mouth, who mentioned my glands were up a bit. Never been told this before, so I’m fearing the worst - lymphoma. I may organize another appt next week to see if they have gone down. There’s also marks on my tonsils and a few ulcers on my tongue, common symptoms with underlying serious causes.

BlueIris
21-09-19, 08:20
Okay, not at work now so I can answer this at greater length.

I'm concerned about you, Mr. L, because you keep on falling down the same rabbit hole again and again. Every time your body does something, you take it as evidence that there's a sinister cause and go into full panic mode. This isn't healthy for you, or your family.

I know it's tough, but at some point you really need to acknowledge that the one common thread here is your anxiety response, and this is what you need to be working on - not whatever random sensation is currently frightening the daylights out of you. Believe me, I'm aware of how hard it is, but you need to focus a lot less on what you think is happening to you, and a lot more on how you wrangle your reactions to it. This will help in two ways - it will help you react more rationally, and give you an alternative focus for your attention.

Not sure about you, but I always used to think of myself as a pretty smart person - I thought that my brain was the only worthwhile thing about me. Realising that there could be something wrong with my mind took time and humility. What I've learned, though, is that I'm not always right and specifically that most of my worries are completely misguided. It's okay to be wrong, it's not your fault, but you do have to acknowledge that your thought patterns can be flawed, and rely on people who don't have the same problem, like your partner or your doctor.

I really hope you can come through this, but I'm worried you're going to land up revisiting the same old territory again and again.

MrLurcher
22-09-19, 09:26
Okay, not at work now so I can answer this at greater length.

I'm concerned about you, Mr. L, because you keep on falling down the same rabbit hole again and again. Every time your body does something, you take it as evidence that there's a sinister cause and go into full panic mode. This isn't healthy for you, or your family.

I know it's tough, but at some point you really need to acknowledge that the one common thread here is your anxiety response, and this is what you need to be working on - not whatever random sensation is currently frightening the daylights out of you. Believe me, I'm aware of how hard it is, but you need to focus a lot less on what you think is happening to you, and a lot more on how you wrangle your reactions to it. This will help in two ways - it will help you react more rationally, and give you an alternative focus for your attention.

Not sure about you, but I always used to think of myself as a pretty smart person - I thought that my brain was the only worthwhile thing about me. Realising that there could be something wrong with my mind took time and humility. What I've learned, though, is that I'm not always right and specifically that most of my worries are completely misguided. It's okay to be wrong, it's not your fault, but you do have to acknowledge that your thought patterns can be flawed, and rely on people who don't have the same problem, like your partner or your doctor.

I really hope you can come through this, but I'm worried you're going to land up revisiting the same old territory again and again.

Hi Blue, thanks for the kind in depth reply.

Not feeling too bad today. Yesterday was better as well, I think (fingers crossed) that the mouthwash might be doing something. Albeit the white mark on my tonsil is still there, so I cannot rule out cancer completely.

I understand wholly that I'm catastrophising again and again, but I cannot help it. The CBT way of thinking would be 'I've worried about things this year which didn't come true so the likelyhood of this coming true as well is low', however my thinking is 'well, even I have worried about multiple things, something will end up being true based on probability'.

I used to think of myself as a smart person, my brother keeps telling me 'you're one of the smartest people I know, so why can't you see what you're doing to yourself'. It's hard to hear that, but I just tell him, I'm not that smart anymore.

It's upsetting for me. After the bowel thing passed I had a good summer, and felt at times like I was past the worst of HA, now it's back.

BlueIris
22-09-19, 09:32
The fact that you had a good summer means that you can get back to that good place, though. As hard as it is, the important thing is never to stop working on it and acknowledging and correcting any faulty thoughts you find slipping in.

MrLurcher
22-09-19, 09:55
I've just looked in the mirror and there's still white marks over my tonsils. Surely they should have gone by now, the nhs website states they disappear in a few days after the initial illness. I was ill two weeks ago now. That coupled with my dry mouth and swollen glands surely point at something more sinister than just a bug.

My voice has also been breaking at times over the past few months, I put it down to warm summer, not drinking much and maybe allergies, but it's another symptoms of oral cancer. I have got quite a few symptoms now, dry mouth, white marks on tonsil, voice changes, swollen glands. It's really not looking good at all.

BlueIris
22-09-19, 09:59
Not responding to any of this. Use your logic and work on your breathing - just because you're afraid, it doesn't mean there's anything to actually be afraid of.

MrLurcher
22-09-19, 10:10
The fact that nobody is commenting saying they've had similar symptoms with prolonged tonsil marks, shows I'm dealing with something other than the remnants of a normal cold.

BlueIris
22-09-19, 10:42
You're dealing with extreme hypochondria. Your GP told you you were okay, be happy with that.

I'm out, at least for the moment. When you bash your head for long enough against a brick wall, it can start to really hurt.

MrLurcher
22-09-19, 15:44
Fair enough BI, don't blame you. Appreciate all the replies I've had and your help.

Discovered another symptom, the front of my tongue has bumps, is shaped into my teeth (I have uneven bottom ones). The medical term is scalloped tongue. Could my tongue be swollen from an underlying cause, it certainly feels strange right now. I have found myself pushing my tongue against my teeth quite often, but what if I'm pushing it because it's swollen? I noticed a few months ago two bumps at the front, but thought they were just a reaction to foods etc. Anyway, it's another symptom to worry about.

MrLurcher
23-09-19, 10:40
Last ditch attempt for reassurance. The back of my mouth and uvula still looks a bit red and blotchy, plus the tonsil spots/marks are still there.

Has anyone had a dry mouth and tongue lasting ages?

Has anyone had white spots/marks on tonsils last weeks, with no sore throat or other virus like symptoms? Everything medical online says they should clear up quickly, I've had mind for nearly a week.

Has anyone had lymph nodes swell in their necks following viruses?

I have a glut of worries in my head now - Lymphoma, Oral Cancer, HIV....... however I can't think of instance where I would have caught HIV, been with my partner 10+ years and never had unprotected sex until trying for our first child. So the likely hood is something like lymphoma, which is a common cancer in my age group.

Hypo84
23-09-19, 21:56
I have tonsil cysts apparently. They are white and only on 1 tonsil. ENT said they are caused by chronic tonsilitis.

MrLurcher
23-09-19, 23:34
Thanks Hypo. My left tonsil is a bit bigger than the right and has a white blemish on, while my right tonsil is normal but has three small yellow dots/bumps. NO CHANGES IN A WEEK.

ALL MEDICAL SITES mention a tonsil which is larger on one side is CANCER. Petrified right now. My mothers' 1st cousin died of throat cancer aged 48 - only 16 years older than me. So there is cancer in the family, which increases my chances.

None of my family and partner have no patience towards me, saying I'm worrying about nothing again......but the symptoms are physical, and there as plain as daylight - I'm not making any of this up.

Hypo84
24-09-19, 06:49
My ENT told me that sometimes one tonsil is bigger than the other. They change in size. That is not a reason to worry.
Don:t listen to Google.

MrLurcher
24-09-19, 09:50
My ENT told me that sometimes one tonsil is bigger than the other. They change in size. That is not a reason to worry.
Don:t listen to Google.

The doc I saw on Friday, also said my neck nodes were 'slightly swollen', which is another cancer symptom.

This is it now, actual cancer. Let's just hope I've caught it early, whether it's oral or lymphoma.

BlueIris
24-09-19, 09:59
Why do you refuse to learn?

Hypo84
24-09-19, 10:46
Definitely, 100%, cancer. I mean, slightly swollen nodes, that is a huge deal...

MrLurcher
24-09-19, 12:39
I've just read on the cancer research uk about someone who had a bad cold, but continued to have a swollen tonsil and lymph node...........she had lymphoma.

Hypo84
24-09-19, 12:48
Continue reading and you will see bunch of extraordinary stories. People get hit by lightning as well.

You are deciding to disregard what doctors said and use Google as a doctor. That's a definition of hypochondriac. Try to deal with anxiety first, therapy and meds can help.

Dying_Swan
24-09-19, 13:12
My right tonsil is significantly larger than my left, and has been for the best part of 20 years. I've had all sorts of weird white things, oozing, swollen nodes etc. You've seen a doctor, who I assume was not worried? GPs see swollen glands, tonsillitis etc probably daily. They see lymphoma and oral cancer from time to time as well. Do you not think your GP would have been more concerned if they thought it was something serious? Do you think maybe your GP is more qualified and more objective than you + Google? Are you getting any help with your anxiety?

MrLurcher
24-09-19, 13:28
Thanks for the reply.

No she didn't display any worries. She mainly treated me for my dry mouth with some antiseptic mouth wash. The dry mouth has improved. I asked her twice before the end of the appt if she saw the white blemish on my tonsil as I hadn't mentioned that before being examined, and she just said 'theres a little bit there, but nothing significant' - or something along those lines anyway. I'm just questioning did she even see it at all.

Why are all medical sites saying that a larger tonsil = cancer, or that continuing symptoms on the tonsils could be lymphoma. I've been examined quite a few times by docs, and not once had my glands mentioned, so I'm taken aback that my glands were 'up a bit' - like she said.

Another symptoms I've had on and off for the past few weeks is itchy scalp, and a few months ago I had an itchy mole, which the doc at the time said it looks normal and nothing to worry about.

The symptoms are fast adding up now - tonsil issues, swollen glands, itchy scalp........also a slight cough from my cold 2 weeks ago.

No help for my anxiety atm.

pulisa
24-09-19, 13:40
Of course saying that your glands are "up" is a red rag to a bull with a determined hypochondriac. It opens up the gateway to all sorts of sinister diagnoses and provides hours of rumination and googling and further googling..Your poor family..

So, back to the GP then? Will you demand a fast track appointment to a haematologist?

Hypo84
24-09-19, 13:42
That's how Google search engine works. If you Google literally any symptom you will get cancer or some other deadly or disabling disease. Doctors go to school for a reason. They see one enlarged tonsil all the time. If that would equal to cancer, tonsil cancer rates would be sky high.

But no matter what we say here, you will still believe you have cancer. And that is not the worst thing. The worst thing is that after this settles, soon enough you will have another symptom and another illness. It will never end and you will live in constant fear which is life not worth living. So, start dealing with anxiety as mentioned above.

Dying_Swan
24-09-19, 14:20
Thanks for the reply.

No she didn't display any worries. She mainly treated me for my dry mouth with some antiseptic mouth wash. The dry mouth has improved. I asked her twice before the end of the appt if she saw the white blemish on my tonsil as I hadn't mentioned that before being examined, and she just said 'theres a little bit there, but nothing significant' - or something along those lines anyway. I'm just questioning did she even see it at all.

Why are all medical sites saying that a larger tonsil = cancer, or that continuing symptoms on the tonsils could be lymphoma. I've been examined quite a few times by docs, and not once had my glands mentioned, so I'm taken aback that my glands were 'up a bit' - like she said.

Another symptoms I've had on and off for the past few weeks is itchy scalp, and a few months ago I had an itchy mole, which the doc at the time said it looks normal and nothing to worry about.

The symptoms are fast adding up now - tonsil issues, swollen glands, itchy scalp........also a slight cough from my cold 2 weeks ago.

No help for my anxiety atm.

Well blow me down, I must have lymphoma too. Often get an itchy scalp, have one great big tonsil, and often have nodes coming up and down. Could it be that your current symptoms are nothing more than a functioning immune system doing what it's supposed to do?

Why are medical sites saying that? Because they don't want to be sued if they get it wrong. Sure, these things can be signs of more serious conditions, but they can also be signs of common infections that we all get. That's why your GP has done many years of training, and knows how to tell the difference.

Why are you not seeking help for your anxiety? Life might become a whole lot nicer for you if you do.

Hypo84
24-09-19, 16:04
Btw one of the cysts I have on my tonsil got bigger in the past 10 days. Talking about reasons to panic that is one for sure.
The only difference between us, is that I have also accepted that I have anxiety issues so I am taking antidepressants for the past 2 weeks.
You need to accept hypochondria as your primary illness in the hope that you will be feel better in the future.

MrLurcher
24-09-19, 16:24
Thanks both. If these were symptoms that could be blamed on anxiety - headaches, diarrhoea, aches, trembling, sweating etc, then I may be more inclined to accept it's anxiety related.

But the fact is, I have tonsil symptoms along with swollen glands, which cannot be down to anxiety.

Yes, I developed a cold on the 7th of this month, but symptoms would have gone by now, especially tonsil marks and swollen glands. I eat healthy and take supplements so there is no reason for cold symptoms to still be lingering after nearly 3 weeks.

I noticed the tonsil marks last weekend, and have been patient in waiting for them to go, but nothings changed at all.

Hypo84
24-09-19, 16:39
Symptoms are not due to anxiety, how you are dealing with them is caused by anxiety. Your symptoms could be caused by something benign. Like I said, my cyst got bigger in the past 10 days. Google would say cancer. Doctor says, nothing important, it doesn't look like cancer.

Your doctor would notice if the glands were swollen due to cancer.

Fishmanpa
24-09-19, 17:30
I can tell you truly believe this is very serious :scared15: and offering facts and reassurance is fruitless at this point. So I consulted with the "Told Ya So Gang" and they say to gather all your medical records and get to a NCI designated cancer center immediately! Since your doctors don't deem this an issue and haven't referred you, the cost will be coming out of your pockets so I do hope they're deep! ;)

The TYS Gang and I will have some cold ones on ice awaiting the news.... Let us know as soon as you get your results!

Positive thoughts

Dying_Swan
24-09-19, 18:12
Your symptoms are not anxiety, as Hypo84 says, but your reaction is. I'd be willing to bet they're down to a minor infection, especially as you've just had a cold. Still, I agree with FMP. Nothing we're saying is helping, despite us sharing our own experiences of having the same things. I really hope you'll consider seeking help for your HA, as you've gone from kidney failure to oral cancer to lymphoma in this thread alone. Good luck.

MrLurcher
25-09-19, 09:53
Not good news at all.

Been sent for blood tests, fbc and crp.

She wasnt concerned about the tonsil, said its gunk that needs to come out. But because of my swollen glands (still) and I said I'm very anxious, she thinks its best to do bloods.

She said she isnt worried herself atm........but sending me for bloods proves otherwise. Docs wouldn't send patients for bloods if there wasn't a worrying issue.

She also wants to see me next Friday to look at the tonsil again.

Petrified, worried and fed up now.

Thanks for all your support so far all, but it looks like I won't be dealing with 'just anxiety'.

Hypo84
25-09-19, 11:31
She told you to do blood work because of your anxiety so that results would calm you down. I was sent to do ESR as well as I was anxiously annoying to doctor so she said, with cancer you must have ESR in double digits go do that. Blood work is a cheap way to show you that you are fine.

BlueIris
25-09-19, 11:37
Mr L, I know this is distressing for you, but from an outside perspective it looks very much like Same Nonsense Different Day.

Like Hypo, I suspect your GP is just looking for a way to get you to calm down.

Hypo84
25-09-19, 11:53
Mine even told me to get different opinion if that would calm me down. Of course I didn't as she is the mother of my best friend and I trust her completely but when they see you so anxious they will do whatever to calm you down, otherwise you will be in their office in a day or two again.

However, you realize you can spin everything they say? For example, saying to get a different opinion would mean that it is something serious as she suggest to consult someone else? Of course that is not the case if you look at it rationally.

MrLurcher
25-09-19, 12:14
Forgot to say, she did mention the reason for the fbc was to check my immunity. Does that mean she suspects an auto immune issue?

Going through hell with worry right now.

BlueIris
25-09-19, 12:18
Going through hell with worry right now.

This is a choice you've made, though, and continue to make.

pulisa
25-09-19, 13:51
The FBC will check your white blood cells as well which deal with fighting infection. This doesn't mean she suspects you have leukaemia by the way.

Oh well more tests and more catastrophising. So these bloods have ben marked up as urgent have they? In view of your fears?

MrLurcher
25-09-19, 14:03
She didnt say why, but asked me to do them today at the surgery. Surgery was fully booked so had to go down the local hospital.

The fact she requested I do them today shows this could be serious, and that she must be worried about something.

pulisa
25-09-19, 14:10
At least you won't have to wait long for the results which is good. They will be back tomorrow.

MrLurcher
25-09-19, 14:27
I'm just praying that they will be ok. I know I've worried about numerous issues this year, but this one has more 'realness' to it. Something's going to go wrong with me one day, and this is probably it.

BlueIris
25-09-19, 14:29
And you'll have wasted several years beforehand and neglected your family because of all your other imaginary ailments.

MrLurcher
26-09-19, 09:48
Felt absolutely exhausted yesterday and today, just want to sleep. Don't know if it's the stress and anxiety or an underlying cause getting worse.

Hypo84
26-09-19, 10:08
That is depression caused by too much anxiety. Happens to me fairly frequently when anxiety gets overwhelming.

BlueIris
26-09-19, 10:24
I'm agreeing with Hypo here, long-term anxiety can definitely lead to feelings of exhaustion and depression.

I'm sorry I've been so harsh on you lately, Mr. L, it was probably unnecessary.

MrLurcher
26-09-19, 10:38
No need to apologise at all.

BlueIris
26-09-19, 11:05
I just hate to see you suffer like this when I've been through it myself, y'know?

I'm really fighting the Google-monster myself right now and it's hard not to freak out, but just because I'm afraid it doesn't mean there's anything worth being afraid of. The same goes for you, too.

Hypo84
26-09-19, 11:27
What BlueIris said above is very true. Being afraid of something, and feeling like you must have some serious disease doesn't make that disease any more likely. Those are just feelings and they are usually wrong because they are irrational.

pulisa
26-09-19, 13:33
You'll know your blood test results today as they were marked as urgent so at least you won't be kept waiting for ages which is the worst bit.

MrLurcher
26-09-19, 14:33
The result line is now open, but im overcome by nerves. Heart is racing and chest feels tight and sore. Ive just come back from a family funeral of a close relative (my old neighbour and my aunties husband) so I cant afford to kick off today. Everyone is still at the wake, but ive come back to my parents' to ring and get ready to go back to work. Struggling right now, this is the worst ive felt waiting for results. I think i might have a heart attack if something is wrong

nomorepanic
26-09-19, 14:37
I really don't think anything bad is wrong and you are making yourself ill with worry here.

Hypo84
26-09-19, 14:38
You won't get a heart attack, just call and finish it. Or you like to torture yourself?

MrLurcher
26-09-19, 14:46
Just rang but the doc hasnt reviewed them yet and told me to call tomorrow. No way, no way, I cant hack more waiting. Theyre always back the day after, why cant they have been ready.

Hypo84
26-09-19, 14:49
At least you can see how "concerned" she was with your condition.

MrLurcher
26-09-19, 14:50
Or maybe theres something wrong and she needs to call me.

I may ring and ask if the doc can review them today as im struggling here

nomorepanic
26-09-19, 14:58
You can't demand things like that of the doctor.

They will call if they think you are about to drop dead which is highly unlikely.

Hypo84
26-09-19, 15:15
Doctor is probably looking at the results now and thinking: "The guy is dying and I don't know how to tell him. Best to wait until tomorrow."

^^joke

BlueIris
26-09-19, 15:26
Mr L, this is why you need to involve your doctor more fully in your anxiety journey. What you're doing right now could easily lead to you being labelled a nuisance patient, whereas if you're able to show a little self-awareness they might be able to work with you and understand your difficulties.

MrLurcher
26-09-19, 15:31
Mr L, this is why you need to involve your doctor more fully in your anxiety journey. What you're doing right now could easily lead to you being labelled a nuisance patient, whereas if you're able to show a little self-awareness they might be able to work with you and understand your difficulties.

Well I thought I was, hence the slight urgency for the blood test. I thought she'd have checked them fairly soon today, why rush me into taking the test? The lines are open till 4pm, so I don't know if I should ring back again before it closes - the lady sounded quite annoyed with me for questioning why the doc hadn't checked it yet. Someone did give me results outside the times before. This is the first time I have seen this doc for a few years though, so haven't spoken to her in depth about my anxiety.

BlueIris
26-09-19, 15:35
It may be worth trying one more time, just really grovel to the receptionist ;)

MrLurcher
26-09-19, 16:05
I rang again, apologised for being a pest, and said I suffer badly from anxiety. Not sure if it was the same receptionist. I told her the dr asked me to do the blood test straight after my appt yesterday morning so assumed she wanted to get the results to me fairly soon. She's offered that the dr ring me back today, but she has been very busy. Feel embarrassed for ringing again, but my heart is going insane and I'm trembling like mad.........god knows what I'm going to do if it's bad news.

BlueIris
26-09-19, 16:23
You'll cope, Mr. L. It's just how it works.

Have you been in work today?

MrLurcher
26-09-19, 16:29
You'll cope, Mr. L. It's just how it works.

Have you been in work today?

Been in this morning, then had the funeral. Asked to work from home (well, at my parents') afterwards. I just need someone around me right now.

BlueIris
26-09-19, 16:31
That was actually a really smart move - well done.

MrLurcher
26-09-19, 16:47
Doc rang, all bloods fine. Just need to see her next week to check on my glands and the tonsil. I'm going to discuss a referral for CBT again and/or starting medication.

I'm going to really consider medication now. This is the worst I have felt waiting for results, even worse than when I was in the middle of my bowel worries at the start of the year and waiting for the heart scan. I really don't want to return to this state of mind, and I can't put my family through anymore of this sh*t. (and you guys on here) I'm seriously angry and fed up with HA now.

I know this sounds pathetic, and I haven't gone through any serious ordeal, but thanks for all your support through this.

Hypo84
26-09-19, 17:13
It will be good for you to start meds. New disease will pop up soon enough if you don't treat anxiety.

Elen
26-09-19, 17:13
Doc rang, all bloods fine. Just need to see her next week to check on my glands and the tonsil. I'm going to discuss a referral for CBT again and/or starting medication.

I'm going to really consider medication now. This is the worst I have felt waiting for results, even worse than when I was in the middle of my bowel worries at the start of the year and waiting for the heart scan. I really don't want to return to this state of mind, and I can't put my family through anymore of this sh*t. (and you guys on here) I'm seriously angry and fed up with HA now.

I know this sounds pathetic, and I haven't gone through any serious ordeal, but thanks for all your support through this.

Great news re your bloods and even better that you are ready to address your HA.

It is not pathetic at all, just glad that you are finally seeing the wood from the trees.

BlueIris
26-09-19, 17:14
Don't do yourself down, Mr. L - health anxiety is a serious ordeal in and of itself.

Dying_Swan
26-09-19, 17:31
Good news, as we all thought it would be. Even better news is that you now recognise how much your anxiety is affecting you. Hang on to this moment, as in a few days you might feel fine and as though you don't need support, but it will only be a matter of time until the next thing crops up. This is a good opportunity to seek help, and I wish you well with it.

pulisa
26-09-19, 17:43
Great that you are finally going to address your HA.

You may be even braver still and cancel your follow up appointment next Friday because it's unnecessary in view of your blood test results? It could also be helpful to have your HA flagged up on your notes for doctors who do not know your history?

pulisa
26-09-19, 19:22
And I think you should be angry with your HA mindset, It will give you the motivation to get better.

Scass
27-09-19, 18:22
Good news Mr L. Remember this feeling, ok?
Onwards and upwards x

MrLurcher
04-10-19, 10:07
My follow up appt is this morning. The mark on my tonsil and throat redness is still there. Not sure what she's going to say..........

I haven't been worrying about it, so hopefully she'll just say it's something that'll take time. I'm worried she'll want to do more bloods or maybe an ENT referral. I can't hack anymore tests again.

BlueIris
04-10-19, 10:31
Wish you all the luck in the world - let us know how you get on?

MrLurcher
04-10-19, 18:24
Thanks BI, sorry I haven't replied until now. The doctor wasn't concerned about my tonsil mark, just said it'll clear up eventually. Didn't feel my glands, so I'm trying to fight the uncertainty that she didn't.

Also got her to check an injury on my leg that I had 10 months ago playing football, where there's still a lump and on/off swelling (this is where the pitting oedema is). She said as long as it doesn't cause pain or cause walking difficulties it's probably nothing to worry about.

BlueIris
04-10-19, 18:27
There you go, you got the all clear!

MrLurcher
04-10-19, 18:53
Yes, I suppose so! How is that insect bite with yourself?

pulisa
04-10-19, 19:26
urghhh..."I suppose so" ie " No I didn't"?

BlueIris
04-10-19, 20:07
The bullseye rash is still visible, but only barely.

MrLurcher
09-10-19, 18:48
*******!. I've had enough now! Past 2/3 days I've been itching like crazy, little twinges popping up everywhere, all over my body. I haven't googled, my memory is full of things I've read in the past where itching was listed as a symptom for x,y and z. I just want a bloody break from all this now.

jojo2316
09-10-19, 21:01
Thinking about itching begets itching. I’ve had this problem many times

Scass
09-10-19, 21:01
Sometimes we just get itchy! It’s a very common anxiety symptom. Also, it’s colder, heating is going on, we’re wearing more layers....

Stop and think, ok? It’s annoying but it’ll pass.

Hypo84
09-10-19, 23:51
Symptoms will never stop, don't expect it to happen.

You are making a huge deal from normal things. People without HA itch, they don't think about it, itching eventually goes away and that is it. You start itching, then think it is some serious disease, then you can't stop thinking about itching and you itch even more.

When itching stops, you will develop some other symptom. If you keep obsessing like that about every sensation in your body, you will live in constant fear.

pulisa
10-10-19, 08:42

Keep on track and remember your anger, Mr L?

MrLurcher
10-10-19, 11:28
Thanks guys, I was just fed up, and worried that people may think I have fleas or something when Im itching away in the office.

Bad news is ive done myself in again. I was fiddling with my neck this morning driving into work and found lots of small moveable lumps arund one side of my adams apple - wind pipe area. Almost like a little cobblestone road. I dont know what these are, if they are normal anatomy, just worried its swollen lymph nodes. If I push them into my wind pipe they sort of pop and come back out, making a little gristly crunch noise like cartilage or something. It only does this on one side. Now ifthese are lymph nodes, I shouldnt really be able to feel them and they shouldnt be painless.

Is this likely to be sonething I should check our or just accept its part of my anatomy?

Here we go again....

Fishmanpa
10-10-19, 11:33
Here we go again....

Actually, here YOU go again. Hopefully this is noted and the dragon is deprived of his treats.

Positive thoughts

pulisa
10-10-19, 13:43
"Here we going again" is certainly a "posting pattern" on here. Is it meant to be used as an excuse for rapidly falling back into HA habits?

As FMP suggests, why not turn it into a " here I go again but this time I'm not going to catastrophise" type of post. You would get tonnes of support rather than frustration on here.

MrLurcher
12-10-19, 08:30
Yes, you’re probably right. Its just hard for me to say I wont catastrophise, as I cant trust myself not too.

Im feeling a bit calmer about it now, trying to tell myself ‘im not a doctor so I dont know how things are meant to feel’.

The itching has stopped now, but past few days ive been feeling nauseous often and get full quickly after eating dinner. I know what sinister illnesses causes nausea, but im hoping it could be anxiety. Is nausea an anxiety symptom?? Or could it be IBS, which I've pretty much been diagnosed with.

I've felt not hungry in the past when very stressed and anxious, but not this nauseous feeling.

Quinn1
12-10-19, 10:49
I reckon you know it is Anxiety,you would have googled All the symptoms of everything.
Stop being an attention seeker.

MrLurcher
12-10-19, 12:16
I've also noticed that I'm losing hair. My partner has noticed quite a few hairs in the shower after I've been, and now when I'm washing my hair, I look at my hands and see at least half a dozen hairs mixed in with the shampoo. Same if I grab a fistfull of hair, there's always 2/3 hairs in my fingers.

Feel myself slipping down the hole again. I just want to remain symptom free, just for a little while.

I remember a few years ago noticing hairs on my pillow in the mornings when stressed, but nothing like this. Could it be stress again?

pulisa
12-10-19, 13:41
Come on Mr L...Stop living up to your username! What sinister disease have you got now after seeing 2/3 hairs on your fingers?

Stress-induced alopecia?

MrLurcher
12-10-19, 14:29
Well, my younger brother lost all his hair when he was 14 due to alopecia. Docs never knew why, but he was obese as a child, and stressed/depressed because of that. Maybe mild bullying as well, but nothing terrible. Thankfully it grew back after 6 months or so.

So alopecia doesnt bother me, but a host of other things do - thyroid, liver, kidney issues.

Hair loss could be thyroid.

The nausea could be liver or kidneys.

The fullness after eating could be lymphoma.

Quite a banquet I know.

Or maybe im just hyperfocusing on fluctuating bodily sensations....

Hypo84
12-10-19, 17:28
Loss of hair is probably due to cancer, it can't be stress, Google said so.

BlueIris
12-10-19, 18:39
I've had cancer for decades, then, I can't remember running my fingers through my hair without several strands coming out.

Midnight-mouse
12-10-19, 18:46
I've also noticed that I'm losing hair. My partner has noticed quite a few hairs in the shower after I've been, and now when I'm washing my hair, I look at my hands and see at least half a dozen hairs mixed in with the shampoo. Same if I grab a fistfull of hair, there's always 2/3 hairs in my fingers.

Feel myself slipping down the hole again. I just want to remain symptom free, just for a little while.

I remember a few years ago noticing hairs on my pillow in the mornings when stressed, but nothing like this. Could it be stress again?

If it’s only 2/3 then that’s a lot better than me, I shed absolutely everywhere! After I bathe there’s usually enough to start a wig. We all lose over a 100 a day normally anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
12-10-19, 19:19
We all lose over a 100 a day normally anyway.

FACT!

Positive thoughts

MrLurcher
12-10-19, 19:44
Thanks all. Yeah, I've read up about how we lose 100 hair strands a day, just find it hard to convince myself that's a logical cause. My aunt has a thyroid issue and suffers hair thinning as a result, so that's why I'm worried on that front.

The other thing is this fullness after eating and nausea. I've always suffered from IBS related bloating, so maybe this is just another version of that.

Tonight I ate a plateful of dinner, no more than usual, and I've felt quite full and nauseous. I made myself burp, sorry TMI, and some food came back up. I've had this happen a few times occasionally over the years, so might not be anything, but I'm worried that this could be GERD or maybe a stomach ulcer (yes, down that road again). I don't really have any classic heartburn symptoms, just a general fullness.

I'm all over the shop with worries bouncing off each other at the moment. Quite disappointed once again after telling myself following the last clear bloods that I was going to fight this.

pulisa
12-10-19, 20:32
Don't just be disappointed and leave it at that. That's defeatist. Do you want to be like this or do you want to challenge your HA? If you don't want to challenge it then that's fine because it's your choice but at least we would know.

MrLurcher
14-10-19, 10:54
Hi all, still struggling with nausea. I've also been burping a lot, which I've had before in the past, so I'm trying not to make a huge deal of it. And finally like a lump feeling in my throat, which is making me feel like i'm choking a little bit.

Unfortunately, due to my vast 'knowledge' I can recognise all these symptoms as GERD. I never realised GERD was a potentially a serious condition, but it can lead to disorders which cause oesophagus cancer.

Can anxiety cause like acid-reflux type symptoms without it being actual GERD? My diet has been pretty poor recently, eating more chocolate/crisps than normal and also been having chilli sauce often because I missed having it after struggling with IBS for so long. So don't know if those are contributing factors.........or if this once again is anxiety causing bodily symptoms.........

I have had in the past when experiencing small panic attacks, the sudden feeling of burning in the back of my throat which could be stress induced reflux, but because this is more chronic now (a few days long), I'm just getting worried.

I've been put on the list for CBT with the NHS, so currently waiting to hear back from that. I probably need something right now, as I probably sound like a nutter fleeting between so many serious health worries.

BlueIris
14-10-19, 11:31
Please don't panic? The chances of GERD leading to oesophageal cancer are pretty small.

If you're on the waiting list, all you need to do is keep holding on - a few days of reflux is nothing.

Besides, a life without chilli isn't a life worth living, right? ;)

MrLurcher
14-10-19, 11:40
Please don't panic? The chances of GERD leading to oesophageal cancer are pretty small.

If you're on the waiting list, all you need to do is keep holding on - a few days of reflux is nothing.

Besides, a life without chilli isn't a life worth living, right? ;)

So it does sound like GERD? Thought so :-( I know it's not a big deal for some people, so dunno why I'm crumbling over it.

You're quite right about the chilli though!

BlueIris
14-10-19, 11:42
I get episodes every month or two; I'm not delighted about it but it is what it is.

Click here for something to forget your troubles; for my money, these are the best hot sauces in the country. (https://pipshotsauce.co.uk/)

MrLurcher
14-10-19, 11:57
I get episodes every month or two; I'm not delighted about it but it is what it is.

Click here for something to forget your troubles; for my money, these are the best hot sauces in the country. (https://pipshotsauce.co.uk/)

Have you been diagnosed with GERD? And what do you take for it?

More specifically, I like sweet chilli sauce mainly. I'm not a big fan of the burn your mouth off stuff like Tabasco, but I do like Sriracha.

BlueIris
14-10-19, 12:07
Not diagnosed, nope, but heartburn's definitely heartburn. I generally just wait for it to go away.

I like most spicy stuff, to be honest; I do enjoy sweet chilli sauce but I also enjoy the kickier varieties. Some years my husband grows ultrahot chillies on our kitchen windowsill.

MrLurcher
14-10-19, 12:13
Not diagnosed, nope, but heartburn's definitely heartburn. I generally just wait for it to go away.

I like most spicy stuff, to be honest; I do enjoy sweet chilli sauce but I also enjoy the kickier varieties. Some years my husband grows ultrahot chillies on our kitchen windowsill.

Sounds cool, my brother makes homemade pickled chillies - not the very hot types, but a nice kick. Lovely with like avocado on toast, or with a tagine etc.

Do you get other symptoms with it like my stomach fullness, nausea and burping? Or just the heartburn?

BlueIris
14-10-19, 12:18
Sometimes I get all of these, yes, but it doesn't freak me out. I'm overweight and far too given to eating at my desk.

MrLurcher
14-10-19, 12:40
I can't stop panicking today. I've just been running my hands through my hair at my desk a few times. Looked down and there were like 10 hairs on my desk!!!! What is going on with my body? I'm verging on a major anxiety phase again about all these symptoms now, I just want to get along with my life.

BlueIris
14-10-19, 12:42
There's nothing happening to your body, you're just being hypervigilant and seeing danger where no danger exists.

Fishmanpa
14-10-19, 13:15
What is going on with my body?

Just the physical reaction to the stress you subject it to. To get to the point of obsessive self checking behaviors and literally counting hairs? :wacko: You have to have some inkling that the behaviors and reactions are the real issue.

Positive thoughts

MrLurcher
14-10-19, 13:22
Just the physical reaction to the stress you subject it to. To get to the point of obsessive self checking behaviors and literally counting hairs? :wacko: You have to have some inkling that the behaviors and reactions are the real issue.

Positive thoughts

Well let's just hope the CBT comes through, struggling to fight this by myself at the moment.

KK77
14-10-19, 13:30
Well let's just hope the CBT comes through, struggling to fight this by myself at the moment.

Or try free online CBT and help yourself http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishmanpa
14-10-19, 13:31

Why not do something constructive and positive and download the FREE CBT (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?211324-9-FREE-CBT-ebooks-for-Health-Anxiety) offered here? Work on the modules as opposed to dwelling in negativity and fear and posting for reassurance.

Positive thoughts

KK77
14-10-19, 13:32
Great minds and all that... :D

MrLurcher
14-10-19, 14:02
Ah ha, I've actually got those exact notes and work books from when I did a CBT course last year - before I started suffering badly from HA. That course was aimed at my general anxiety about life worries, money, house, jobs etc.

Dying_Swan
14-10-19, 14:17
I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to look at it again. It would give you something constructive to work on while you're waiting for your CBT. Remember how determined you felt recently, and hang on to that feeling. Why not try out the work books to distract yourself?

MrLurcher
14-10-19, 16:50
Yeah I will make a start on the notes and self help. I have to do something.

Ive just remembered sonething. Over the past 4/5 months ive been having to clear my throat a lot and sometimes my voice breaks (puberty style). Ive just been blaming it on anxiety and maybe post nasal drip. Unfortunately Ive read now that such symptoms of the throat and voice changes could also be GERD or Silent Reflux. Latter quite worrying as my oesophagus could be getting damaged without me knowing. I told my doc about the throat clearing when I visited about my tonsils, but she didnt say anything.

Dying_Swan
14-10-19, 17:07
I guess your doctor wasn't concerned then. Even if you do have reflux, it's not something to panic about. Please stop googling it and focus on those workbooks instead.

MrLurcher
16-10-19, 10:48
Still struggling with this. The nausea is somewhat better (touch wood), but the burping, fullness feeling and something stuck in my throat is still there, especially after eating.

I played 5 a side football last night, but didn't have any heartburn which I sometimes get after intense excercise. However this morning after a cup of tea and some toast I feel quite full, and been burping a lot. Granted, I'm sort of making myself burp as well cos I feel there's trapped wind. And sometimes bringing food back up.

I've been taking Gaviscon daily in the hope to make the symptoms better - even if it's anxiety, I was hoping this will subconsciously help.....but it doesn't seem to. I've also cut down on the amount of tea and coffee I normally drink.

Not sure whether to visit the docs again as I'm going on holiday for a week next friday and my partner has already said that I will ruin the holiday if I don't get a grip on this soon.

I thought I had a stomach ulcer back in February, and that worry is back again.

Looking on this forum it seems that reflux is a lifelong problem. Great, a future of being on GERD tablets looks likely, and the possibility of oesophagus problems :-(

I am trying to look at this rationally, and that I've been wrong so many times with my health worries, but the symptoms are real once again, and I'm struggling to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Is it a bit hasty to think about a gastroscopy? I really don't fancy another tube inserted in me after the sigmoidoscopy though, but I'm fed up of constant symptoms disrupting my life.

Can anxiety and stress really mimic such physical symptoms or make problems like reflux worse? Could I really be creating the problem myself? I know I've asked this multiple times now, but with each different worry I question it.

(Sighs)

NotDeadYet
16-10-19, 16:04
Can anxiety and stress really mimic such physical symptoms or make problems like reflux worse? Could I really be creating the problem myself? I know I've asked this multiple times now, but with each different worry I question it.

(Sighs)

No, anxiety and stress do not MIMIC physical symptoms, they CAUSE physical symptoms. You need to reframe your thinking to understand that your symptoms are in fact real and that those real symptoms can be caused my anxiety and stress. It's also important for you to understand that having symptoms means you are a functioning human being. I've seen you mention several times how you just wish the symptoms would go away. Unfortunately that will never be reality because having a body means you will almost always have a symptom of some kind. The difference between yourself and the general population is that you create a story and add meaning to those symptoms that simply are not true or are blown out of proportion. Instead of focusing on the symptoms, foucs on the narrative you tell yourself about those symptoms.

Best Wishes

MrLurcher
17-10-19, 12:35
No, anxiety and stress do not MIMIC physical symptoms, they CAUSE physical symptoms. You need to reframe your thinking to understand that your symptoms are in fact real and that those real symptoms can be caused my anxiety and stress. It's also important for you to understand that having symptoms means you are a functioning human being. I've seen you mention several times how you just wish the symptoms would go away. Unfortunately that will never be reality because having a body means you will almost always have a symptom of some kind. The difference between yourself and the general population is that you create a story and add meaning to those symptoms that simply are not true or are blown out of proportion. Instead of focusing on the symptoms, foucs on the narrative you tell yourself about those symptoms.

Best Wishes

Thanks for the reply NDY. That's quite insightful, I've always thought that anxiety will mimic real illnesses which you are anxious over, rather than anxiety and stress creating original symptoms - even though I may have have symptoms in the past which looking back could very well have been anxiety - frequent urination, strange bowel/rectum sensations, dry mouth and tongue, head aches and dizziness.

I'm going to try and give the hypnotherapy mp3's another go. Last night I struggled to eat dinner because I felt nauseaous, granted, I did start worrying about eating an hour before having food.

Due to go out for my bday meal tomorrow night but dreading it incase I feel sick again, and ruin the whole thing.

Been fine all day today, but typically the nausea has returned. I have also been having a pain in my right upper abdomen today, just below the ribs. This correlates to liver pain, so worried now that there could be something wrong there. Surely it makes sense to visit the doc after 1 week of these symptoms now?

MrLurcher
19-10-19, 14:52
So past two days my youngest daughter has been burping a lot. Obviously my partner just things a bit if an upset tummy, but im thinking what if I have H Pylori and she’s now caught it?

Burping is one of the symptoms, but being only 2.5 she hasnt been complaining about her tummy at all, whether she would or not I dont know.

Fishmanpa
19-10-19, 15:04
So past two days my youngest daughter has been burping a lot. Obviously my partner just things a bit if an upset tummy, but im thinking what if I have H Pylori and she’s now caught it?

Burping is one of the symptoms, but being only 2.5 she hasnt been complaining about her tummy at all, whether she would or not I dont know.

Your dragon is a feisty one isn't he?

Positive thoughts

MrLurcher
19-10-19, 15:08
He or she is a pain in a**.

pulisa
19-10-19, 17:55
He or she is a pain in a**.

Oh no....Not piles as well?!:winks:

Quinn1
20-10-19, 02:52
Ha!Ha!Ha! Good one pulisa :winks::roflmao:

MrLurcher
20-10-19, 12:46
Dragon’s at it again.

Came across gastroparesis yesterday.....by mistake btw.

Is it a bit ott to consider this as the explanation for my nausea, burping, fullness, mild reflux etc?

My digestion has been a bit slower past few days as well, not producing as much ‘waste’, but I suppose I havent been eating as much either due to the nausea and trying to lose weight.

Had a quick search of this forum and seems quite common, albeit quite serious at the same time. :-(

Hypo84
20-10-19, 12:51
You realize this topic is getting ridiculous? You are constantly searching for another disease. Deal with HA and stop seeking reassurance, it is not helping you.

Fishmanpa
20-10-19, 12:53
Came across gastroparesis yesterday.....by mistake btw.

:okay:

Positive thoughts

pulisa
20-10-19, 14:11

Just to remind you...

jojo2316
20-10-19, 19:44
Just googled gastroparisis- I have every single one of those symptoms too. Go figure!! Maybe they can also be caused by IBS and anxiety??

pulisa
20-10-19, 20:49
My son had a gastric interposition performed when he was 6 months old by Prof Spitz at GOS. You may be interested to read up about that one, Mr L?

MrLurcher
21-10-19, 13:48
Oh no, something else.

Since the doc told me my glands were up nearly a month ago I have been checking and prodding around the area every other day to see whats there, and I can definitely feel like a swelling/lump in my submandibular area, under my jaw on my right hand side. I don't think there's anything similar on the other side. I need to push quite deep into my neck tissue to feel it, but I don't have that much fat in the area. I've been waiting to see if it'd go away/down, but after a few weeks it hasn't and I'm a bit concerned about lymphoma again. It feels at least 1cm wide.

After prodding and feeling for a while, it does feel a bit strange, maybe a bit achey/sore/uncomfortable perhaps?

pulisa
21-10-19, 13:51
Just to remind you...

Again

BlueIris
21-10-19, 13:58
After prodding and feeling for a while, it does feel a bit strange, maybe a bit achey/sore/uncomfortable perhaps?

Cause and effect, Mr L.

MrLurcher
21-10-19, 14:03
My son had a gastric interposition performed when he was 6 months old by Prof Spitz at GOS. You may be interested to read up about that one, Mr L?

Just seen this, didn't realise you'd posted again after the 'just to remind you..' post.

That sounds frightening for a 6 month year old to go through, and the parents. :-( Prof spitz sounds like a modern day hero, reading up about him.

MrLurcher
22-10-19, 13:45
I'm still concerned over this, if I raise by head up to stretch my neck skin, I can feel the lump much more obvious on the right hand side :-( What benign reasons could explain an enlarged node like this over cancer?

I'm also itching all over again, which is a classic lymphoma symptom.

Hypo84
22-10-19, 14:06
Textbook symptoms. Normal blood work is also sure sign of cancer.

MrLurcher
22-10-19, 14:17
Textbook symptoms. Normal blood work is also sure sign of cancer.

Fair point, but normal bloods doesn't show lymphoma.

BlueIris
22-10-19, 14:19
They don't show that you've been prodding at yourself too much, either.

Hypo84
22-10-19, 14:47
Normal blood tests usually mean that you don't have any serious disease. And to have itching from lymphoma, it would need to be advanced enough to present with these symptoms.

You are not a doctor. Using Google doesn't qualify you as one. Doctors said you are fine, blood test show that you are fine. The only obvious issue is the anxiety which is getting out of control.