PDA

View Full Version : just one thing you'd like to do

happyone
21-09-07, 07:21
I was reading another post about someone going to London and it made me think.
Whilst I can do most things, even with anx, I know I could not go to London or any big city for that matter! I live just outside Edinburgh and I can't manage that without major trauma....but I can do it if I HAVE to. However, familiarity plays a part in this and it is a loooooooooong time since I have been right into the centre.
so what one thing would readers like to do but feel is out of their reach....even if their anx got better?
Mines is

Go to London for a weekend

happyone
xxx

nanny
21-09-07, 07:32
I would love to go to a football match but wouldn't be able to cope with the crowds:blush:

manmoor
21-09-07, 08:06
I would love to get an ache or pain and not self diagnose. xxx

trac67
21-09-07, 08:23
I would love to have a day clothes shopping with my 3 girls

Love

Trac xxx

Alabasterlyn
21-09-07, 08:49
I would love to be able to go on holiday as I haven't had a holiday since 1973 and I've forgotten what people do on them :ohmy:

The Fool
21-09-07, 08:58
i would love to go to a hannah montana concert but i would also with anxity like to be able to go to an audition next year for a tv show

Piglet
21-09-07, 10:05
I would love to be able to jump on a bus and go shopping whenever the fancy took me and not treat it like a Duke of Edinburgh award everytime!!!:yesyes:

Love Piglet :flowers:

helenclaire
21-09-07, 10:23
Hi, i would love to go shopping on my own without relying on my husband to take me and stay with me. I would buy pressies for everyone. Helen:flowers:

JulieAs45
21-09-07, 17:00
After 13 years of not being able to, I would love to go on the train to London and visit my mum instead of her coming here all the time and reminding me constantly that she does it so why can't I :mad:

darkangel
21-09-07, 17:05
I would love to wake up in the morning and feel refreshed and spend the day with no aches or pains or "funny turns".

Strange thing I can go abroad and yet so struggle going to the corner shop!!

Luv darkangel x:flowers:

happyone
21-09-07, 17:11
Dark angel

Strange thing I can go abroad and yet so struggle going to the corner shop!!

I can relate to that soooooooooo much! When I was at my worst with anx...this time last year, I went to the Canaries. I had a very limited holiday in lots of ways but I was ok, yet going to Tesco would have me in tears:wacko:

happyone
xx

Piglet
21-09-07, 18:38
Yep I'm just the same - been to London a month ago but not been to my corner shop in a year!!!

Piglet :flowers:

margaret911
21-09-07, 21:10
I would love to be able to go on holiday and enjoy it and feel happy.

*Broken_Mind*
22-09-07, 01:10
I would love to be able to say 'Yes' when im invited to go out with my friends instead of making excuses to avoid crowds.

pips
22-09-07, 08:40
I would love to not worry http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_4_169.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm594YYGB)whenever I go out in fact not worry when I'm in to would be rather nice! LOL

Lets hope we can all reach our dreams hey!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_8_4v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm594YYGB)

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X

Lindalou64
22-09-07, 11:57
I Would Love To Have Peace In My Life........but Is There Really Such A Thing?................linda

belle
22-09-07, 13:21
The one thing i want to do is to be able to go grocery shopping ALONE.

WHEN i am completely well, there are a million things i want to do. I've missed out on 10 years of life!!!

Gryphoenix
22-09-07, 17:43
I'd like to be able to ride on a rollercoaster without freaking out, or see somebody famous without freaking out. <--stupid, I know, but I can't help but get overly excited and upset myself. XD

mezzanine
22-09-07, 18:56
I would love to go to work without being scared of having a panic attack.

domino
22-09-07, 19:36
all of these posts are within our reach

Ad nauseum
23-09-07, 16:05
Quote:
Strange thing I can go abroad and yet so struggle going to the corner shop!!....going to Tesco would have me in tears

This made me smile because its exactly like me!!! :-)

I think its because in situations like 'being abroad' no-one has any preconceived ideas about you,so even if the worst happens and you freak out its highly unlikely that you'll ever see those people again - its far less of a threat. Theres also the fact that when i'm away i tend to be occupied with looking around, concentrating on other things and not how i'm actually feeling (even though i've tried to do this in general situations - like going to the corner shop! - i fail miserably!!!).

Running and hiding - as i do! - is easier when the people/situation you're running away from wont require an explanation at a later date!

At the moment i'm trying to look for a job but am feeling really apprehensive, to the point that i burst into tears when i think about it. I know that the best thing to do would be to explain about my 'problem', but how do i do that when i cant talk about it without crying and making myself look 'unstable' (for lack of a better description coming to mind!!!)?

miss motown
23-09-07, 20:40
i would love for all of us that visit this site wake up free of anxiety and to start living a normal life instead of just excisting

groovygranny
23-09-07, 20:53
I'd love to be totally free form my fear of heights and do all the things I have tried and failed to do because of it.

I want to go back to that monastary ?up a mountain in Majorca without clinging to the back of the seat in front of me whimpering like a puppy in the coach.

I want to go back to Gibraltar and not chicken out of going to see the apes because of the steep and windy road and cable car.

Going on holiday to Spain in 4 weeks and may have just that opportunity - I don't want to let my husband down again, even though he is so supportive and didn't see it like that when I did it before.

Fingers crossed!

:hugs:

:flowers:

MissChampers
24-09-07, 12:57
I would just like to feel normal.:blush: