PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety gets worse staying indoors longer?

LondonRain
26-08-19, 17:25
basically ive had some time off work for holidays and ive been spending alot more time at home indoors, usually I like to go out at least once a day but sometimes I just want a lazy day in.
The problem is I notice my anxiety getting noticeably worse, specially the shaking and heavy tired eyes when I break my routine and stay indoors.
So now when I go out im shakey and anxious and feel tired automatically from this.

Does anyone experience anything similar?

WiredIncorrectly
26-08-19, 17:46
I've had this many times. Do you have agoraphobia or is this something new you're experiencing? I ask because this is how agoraphobia starts for me. The anxiety of going out then leads me to become housebound. This in turn leads to more anxiety. It's the same as any other anxiety. It snowballs fast if you let it.

LondonRain
26-08-19, 18:18
There was a time in my life when I was younger that I stayed indoors and panicked when I was out, I couldnt get on trains or buses...but at the time I didnt know I had anything.

Now im not scared but the symptoms still try when I do step out..and its quite annoying.

But..

I never have this most of the year with my normal work day to day routine

WiredIncorrectly
26-08-19, 18:32
You could just be under a little extra stress at the moment which is causing the anxiety. At least it's not stopping you getting out. I'm sure the anxiety will pass once you get back into normal routine. Summer months are the worst for me in terms of leaving the house because of it being so hot, and busy.

LondonRain
26-08-19, 20:59
Thank you for the support

ankietyjoe
27-08-19, 01:42
Some people are very sensitive to a lack of vitamin D, and combined with the lack of seratonin provided by getting up and about, this can cause what you are feeling.

Oh, in case you didn't know, the main way of getting vitamin D is being outside in daylight, it's very difficult to get from food.

hlvd
28-08-19, 23:55
basically ive had some time off work for holidays and ive been spending alot more time at home indoors, usually I like to go out at least once a day but sometimes I just want a lazy day in.
The problem is I notice my anxiety getting noticeably worse, specially the shaking and heavy tired eyes when I break my routine and stay indoors.
So now when I go out im shakey and anxious and feel tired automatically from this.

Does anyone experience anything similar?

I’m off work on leave at the moment and I’m feeling exactly the same, can’t believe I’ve just read your post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk