PDA

View Full Version : after exercise, muscle twitching in lower buttock/upper thigh area

dmc1892
26-08-19, 20:49
hi , the last 4-6 weeks i have returned to playing football and training twice a week and each time after the sessions i get muscle twitching in the mentioned areas?

little worried it could be something serious, any advice please?

Hypo84
26-08-19, 21:00
You just worked them too hard. Twitching is completely benign. Don't pay attention to it. Maybe magnesium supplement will help, but I am not sure that is 100% proven. Can't hurt though.

Nothing to worry about though.

RadioGaGa
26-08-19, 21:04
hi , the last 4-6 weeks i have returned to playing football and training twice a week and each time after the sessions i get muscle twitching in the mentioned areas?

little worried it could be something serious, any advice please?

Because you say you've returned to the above, it would make me think you're probably just out of shape. However as the other poster said, a vitamin deficiency is a possibility. But with what sounds like a relatively minor symptom, I'm not sure I'd personally pursue further testing unless it worsened.

Magnesium + Potassium are both very good for palpitations (although check with doctor before taking)