PDA

View Full Version : Another message from the admins (well from me)

venusbluejeans
27-08-19, 11:07
Quick message to those who post on threads where they aren't being listened to .....

Folks If we don't like a post then move away from it.

To put it bluntly it is YOU who reply that keep the posts going and making the thread very very long

We can't make anyone stop posting (unless the member has been asked to stop replying by the OP and the chose to ignore that), that is not what NMP is about, What we can do is choose whose posts we actually reply to..... the ones who we get satisfaction from, knowing we are going to help them and maybe even make their day by replying to them

Again putting it bluntly, those who REALLY need help but are getting ignored because people are too busy replying to threads where they know they are not going to get replies... come on, imagine how they feel seeing threads like this getting replies and those getting none at all!! ... those whose problems which are just as great even moreso.

To those replying to this thread I ask you.... Why do you post on here when you clearly aren't getting listened to?? what is the point in you doing that?? is it to cause arguments and controvesy?

We as admins can quite clearly see these threads being carried on by the people who reply and NOT the OP , yes they will reply to their post but how long would the thread last if no one replied and they chose to reply to threads where people get no replies??

So please we ask you again........step away STOP REPLYING..... STOP KEEPING THE THREADS GOING..

We can't make you do that BUT surely you can see that by you replying the thread keeps going????

People call the serial posters 'trolls' ..... we like to give anyone the benefit of the doubt on here as mental health problems come in all shapes and sizes. but again I ask members this.... If you think that then why reply?? why would you feed a 'troll' when you know that is what they thrive on??

Those who do call members 'trolls' I ask you this and something you have probably not even thought about....

who are the real 'trolls' on the threads? is it the OP or is it yourselvelves who keep the threads going and call the OP all sorts of mean names and make insinuating comments.

Please you need to all (including the OP's) take a look at yourselves.... why do it?

https://media0.giphy.com/media/fH9LpzpCbRNNvi3z2R/giphy.gif?cid=790b761107023604d94b5d077fe6eb47f28d f9abb25e00c7&rid=giphy.gif

Yes this post may raise a few eyebrows BUT I am hoping it causes a few people to take a look at themselves and be honest with themselves....

Thanks for reading,..... please lets make NMP a happy place to be again, one where everyone gets replies and not just a select few.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6b/1b/a4/6b1ba4679cdf15db69caaaa63c31877b.jpg

BlueIris
27-08-19, 11:10
Guilty as charged; I'm sorry. Will back away from threads where I can't make a positive contribution.

venusbluejeans
27-08-19, 11:15
Guilty as charged; I'm sorry. Will back away from threads where I can't make a positive contribution.

Thank you BlueIris... I was feeling a bit mean in saying in this way, thinking I was being too blunt, but wanted everyone to take a look at themselves.

Why stress ourselves when there is no need to, we have enough to deal with with our mental health without making things worse for ourselves

:hugs:Thanks again x

BlueIris
27-08-19, 11:22
:bighug1:
I think we all need to step back and take a look at ourselves every once in a while, it's good to be reminded when we go too far.

venusbluejeans
27-08-19, 11:26
:hugs:

pulisa
27-08-19, 14:21
:bighug1:
I think we all need to step back and take a look at ourselves every once in a while, it's good to be reminded when we go too far.

This applies to those generating the controversial threads as well though.

venusbluejeans
27-08-19, 14:32
This applies to those generating the controversial threads as well though.

I mention too that the OP's need to take a look at them selves too

Elen
27-08-19, 17:30
I second what V has said, if your input is not appreciated and not being acted on, walk away.

If you think someone is a Troll or posting to engage you for their own purposes, do not give them the satisfaction of your replies.

We all have to take responsibility for our own mental well being.

whispershadow
27-08-19, 21:54
i'm sorry if i'm one of the ones this is aimed at :scared15:

Carnation
28-08-19, 21:47
I don't think this applies to me as I rarely have people talk to me, not even a troll. :( unless my thread is questionable as being too long and not wanted. :unsure:

venusbluejeans
28-08-19, 22:55
nope not aimed at you carnation, or whisper..... as I have already told her :) those who it is aimed at (although it is quite a general post) will know what I am talking about in the thread.

pulisa
29-08-19, 13:53
I'm happy to be called a troll if by challenging the motives of the OP it protects others on here who may be particularly vulnerable to controversial posts.

whispershadow
29-08-19, 14:13
I'm happy to be called a troll if by challenging the motives of the OP it protects others on here who may be particularly vulnerable to controversial posts.

your not a troll, pulisa :hugs:

whispershadow
29-08-19, 14:15
nope not aimed at you carnation, or whisper..... as I have already told her :) those who it is aimed at (although it is quite a general post) will know what I am talking about in the thread.

would i get told in pm if I had done anything, venus? :mellow:

MyNameIsTerry
11-09-19, 02:11
Bump

lebonvin
11-09-19, 02:48
Hi Admin

This is a great forum and well done for keeping it going so smooth.

If there is one recommendations I could make is to scrap that Misc thread where people discuss politics coz that is bound to lead to arguments and detracts from the mental health side of things. I also think it feeds the manic side of BP and OCD sufferers who looks like they spend all day and night on that thread.

The other recommendations is to add likes and hugs like that Elephant forum lol only jokin

Best wishes

Charlie

MyNameIsTerry
11-09-19, 03:06
Quick message to those who post on threads where they aren't being listened to .....

To put it bluntly it is YOU who reply that keep the posts going and making the thread very very long

We can't make anyone stop posting (unless the member has been asked to stop replying by the OP and the chose to ignore that), that is not what NMP is about, What we can do is choose whose posts we actually reply to..... the ones who we get satisfaction from, knowing we are going to help them and maybe even make their day by replying to them

Again putting it bluntly, those who REALLY need help but are getting ignored because people are too busy replying to threads where they know they are not going to get replies... come on, imagine how they feel seeing threads like this getting replies and those getting none at all!! ... those whose problems which are just as great even moreso.

To those replying to this thread I ask you.... Why do you post on here when you clearly aren't getting listened to?? what is the point in you doing that?? is it to cause arguments and controvesy?

We as admins can quite clearly see these threads being carried on by the people who reply and NOT the OP , yes they will reply to their post but how long would the thread last if no one replied and they chose to reply to threads where people get no replies??

So please we ask you again........step away STOP REPLYING..... STOP KEEPING THE THREADS GOING..

We can't make you do that BUT surely you can see that by you replying the thread keeps going????

People call the serial posters 'trolls' ..... we like to give anyone the benefit of the doubt on here as mental health problems come in all shapes and sizes. but again I ask members this.... If you think that then why reply?? why would you feed a 'troll' when you know that is what they thrive on??

Those who do call members 'trolls' I ask you this and something you have probably not even thought about....

who are the real 'trolls' on the threads? is it the OP or is it yourselvelves who keep the threads going and call the OP all sorts of mean names and make insinuating comments.

Please you need to all (including the OP's) take a look at yourselves.... why do it?

https://media0.giphy.com/media/fH9LpzpCbRNNvi3z2R/giphy.gif?cid=790b761107023604d94b5d077fe6eb47f28d f9abb25e00c7&rid=giphy.gif

Yes this post may raise a few eyebrows BUT I am hoping it causes a few people to take a look at themselves and be honest with themselves....

Thanks for reading,..... please lets make NMP a happy place to be again, one where everyone gets replies and not just a select few.

Bump

pulisa
11-09-19, 08:53
The challenge is to get everybody to stop replying without the thread being closed. Which is a pretty impossible task.

MyNameIsTerry
13-09-19, 03:38
Bump

pulisa
13-09-19, 08:47
The message is to stop replying. Stop keeping the threads going.

Pkstracy
22-09-19, 18:12
I agree and I am guilty of doing that in one thread where the person has been told so many times and has had so many tests done and told he doesn't have cancer as he is too young but will ignore advice and what it really is...I wish that thread would be closed as it's nearing almost 300 pages now. I won't post in it anymore I do read the newer posts to see if he is doing well and dealing with his anxiety.

MyNameIsTerry
28-09-19, 02:02
Bump

MyNameIsTerry
28-09-19, 23:18
Bump

MyNameIsTerry
30-09-19, 02:11
Bump

MyNameIsTerry
26-11-19, 03:49
Bump

Phill2
26-11-19, 04:39
4925Or Terry :roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
26-11-19, 04:46
4925Or Terry :roflmao:

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/agressive/t0162.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-agressive.php?page=2):yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
28-11-19, 02:30
Bump

MyNameIsTerry
04-03-20, 05:18
Bump

MyNameIsTerry
09-03-20, 17:54
Bump

MyNameIsTerry
31-03-20, 05:26
Bump

MyNameIsTerry
23-05-20, 04:43
Bump

MyNameIsTerry
23-05-20, 16:08

Bump

MyNameIsTerry
09-02-21, 01:28
It won't be read but...bump...

glassgirlw
09-02-21, 01:58
This is a really good post Terry, and I missed it originally. Thanks for bumping this up. It appears I need to take this message to heart regarding a particular poster.

Thanks again for sharing it.

MyNameIsTerry
09-02-21, 06:06
This is a really good post Terry, and I missed it originally. Thanks for bumping this up. It appears I need to take this message to heart regarding a particular poster.

Thanks again for sharing it.

Rest assured I've never bumped this because of you or anything you have said in those problematic threads.

glassgirlw
12-02-21, 02:12
Rest assured I've never bumped this because of you or anything you have said in those problematic threads.

Oh, I didn’t think that at all, Terry. I’m a firm believer in things happening for a reason though, and that you bumped this on a day where I’d made an uncharacteristically blunt and frustrated post with a member...well, I think I needed to “hear” it. So I’m glad it happened as it did!

pulisa
12-02-21, 13:41
I'm sure that person needed to "hear" what you said too though. Your posts have always been insightful and supportive and sometimes being blunt is called for. It's very different from being abusive and aggressive.

MyNameIsTerry
09-03-21, 22:33
Bump