PDA

View Full Version : Clubbed fingernails

snowflake293
27-08-19, 13:04
Hi! I have been doing really well with my health anxiety, but I recently messed about with my meds and I am having a bit of a flare up over my fingerails. About 6 months ago I had some acrylic nails and they ruined my natural nails. It has taken this long for them to grow back! I have noticed that the one nail on the index finger of my right hand is slightly curving over the tip. It doesn't look as bad as the photos of clubbed nails Dr Google has shown me, but it is still enough for me to worry. My question is this, if I have NO other worrying symptoms, it is still worth me worrying over this nail? My husband can't even see it, but I can definitely notice a curvature/thickness that wasn't there before. The rational side of my brain is telling me I am fine, but those old health anxiety brain weasels seem to be telling me otherwise!

pav1984
27-08-19, 13:17
Could it be possible that the cause is due to damage caused by the acrylic nails?

snowflake293
27-08-19, 13:22
That it what I am thinking. I also have bitten my nails in the past as well. Because I don't have any other symptoms I am going to put the worry to bed I think. I just wish I could stop looking at the nail and wondering! Thank you for replying :)

BlueIris
27-08-19, 13:46
...You have the prettiest avatar picture!

The test I've been told is for clubbed fingers is that you place your fingernails together and check for a little diamond shape gap between the nail bases.