PDA

View Full Version : Thin stool like ribbons?

Bootles
27-08-19, 23:48
If you see my previous posts I've had problems with withholding stool and depression and anxiety and eating.

I've been on stool softners for a month now and also eating physullim husk each day. Hubby is giving me multivitamin with minerals n iron etc as altho I am now eating solid food regularly I'm building up my calories while my tummy gets used to it. Currently on 1000 calories a day. Aside from husk i am having juice, oranges,brown bread,eggs, spinach, veg curry,bacon,crumpets,bhaja,cheese,whole milk,minimal chocolate and some chicken. Some is for protein and fibre but Some is to bulk out calories.

Lotsa water too.

I went today and did a long dark green ribbon stool. The texture was similar to my other stools but this thing was thin n 20cm long. I then did another one that was simlar. My stools before have been bulkier and normal shaped but looked like the one i did today but pressed together. This is poo looked like my normal poo but stretched out.

I'm scared as thin stool means bowel cancer.

Help!

BlueIris
28-08-19, 05:41
The one about narrow stool meaning cancer was debunked a very long time ago. In bed and not inclined to find the reference, but it was only ever speculation that somehow gained traction, I think?

Bootles
28-08-19, 13:16
It's still on a lot of symptom lists and in survivor personal accounts?

I'm sick of this bowrl/ gyno worry....i was fine a month ago.

BlueIris
28-08-19, 13:18
Then you need to work on your anxiety, because bodies do weird stuff all the time.

Get the help you need so that you can stay off google and live your life.

Bootles
28-08-19, 18:45
I am still waiting for my cbt ...I can't afford to go private.

Anyone had these weird stools n it was ok?

Midnight-mouse
28-08-19, 20:01
Absolutely! I’d be long gone if it actually means anything specifically bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk