PDA

View Full Version : please help - thinking about driving car into something/setting arm alight to help

Miffy
21-09-07, 11:11
hi all,

please help. i am getting v v vv bad intrusive thoughts about what my ex is gonna be doing tonight, i cant help but think abou it, and its making me feel sick with anxiety and worry, i wann acrash my car into something just to take away the pain - she might be out in a short skirt and done up- and although she doesnt have the confidence it really really hurts me - no-one else i know thinks like this and i cant shake it, these horrible thoughts keep coming intot my mind and making me go out al the time and not stay in - its tiring me out and realy pushing my body to the edge - i dont wanna hurt myself again but this anxiety is really really bad - how can i get it to stop? please help on the verge of tears cuz like my intrusive thoughts about hurting people when i was youger im so frighten this wont go away and this will lead to other intrusive thoughts about hurting me and stuff. Is there anybody out there?

tnt808
21-09-07, 11:39
Please don't hurt yourself!

The good news is that you do know that these are just what you said...THOUGHTS. They haven't become actions yet, and just please divert your attention elsewhere...w/anything and anyway you can. I have intrusive thoughts as well, although mine are more about people I love getting hurt/sick. I try to busy myself in whatever way I can to make them go away.

I know this isn't the best advice, but it's late here..and I just wanted you to know that people do care, and that listening to your thoughts and letting them go any further than that is negative energy...when you can be putting positive energy into something far greater than that.

I wish you luck in getting through this rough time.

ladygrom
21-09-07, 12:06
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_12_10.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm860YYGB) miffy so sorry you still not better is it the weekends again miffy . they are only thoughts miffy you having a bad time .things will gett better i promise.your minds racing cus you feel anxious try be strong miffy people do care and understand .elaine xx

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZCxdm860YYGB (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb098_ZCxdm860YYGB&utm_id=7926)

anxious
21-09-07, 12:31
Please don't hurt yourself Miffy, in the long run it really won't help. Please please try do something to keep busy or be with friends/family. You will feel so much better when you come through the other side without hurting yourself. It will pass,

anx xx

beauty
21-09-07, 12:51
Miffy,

I'm so sorry you're still feeling this way, but io want you to know its more normal than you think! I mean im worried what my boyfriend will be doing in town 2nite and im still with him!!! Loads of people i know have been the same way either about an ex or a current partner, never feel like youre the only one. Basically the reason it has got like this for you is because you have become addicted/obsessed with thinking about her. Its like a bad habit and is very hard to shake off once you start, but i fully believe that you can do it, seriously.
Please please try to think positively through this, remind yourself of the fact that with your ex it didnt work which is always for a reason, even if you still feel as in love with her as ever, it still wasnt right for one reason or other if it didnt work out. I know it is hard to accept when you still love someone but i swear things happen for a reason and you will not feel like this for the rest of your life, as im sure you will reaslise and believe in the future.

For now all you can do is take gradual steps, and try to get your brain into positive thinking mode. For example begin by when you do think about her out in town looking good etc do not ALLOW yourself to think bad thoughts, literally block them out, it seems impossible at first but you can do it. Then replace them with a positive thought like "ive got my own life now, i dont care what she is doing" Even though im well aware this isnt what youre thinking just force yourself to say it in your head. This is how you've got to start...It seems hard at first and someone what false.. forcing yourself to think something which isnt actually what you think, but it is the only way you can train your brain out of the negative thinking..
I hope youre feeling okay now, you can do this i know you can!!

x