PDA

View Full Version : I'm descending down a hole of cancer madness (let's try this again)

Wtf
28-08-19, 20:00
Where do I begin. Been looking around on here for a while and right now I'm in full blown panic mode and absolutely convinced at 31 years of age I have either stage IV CRC or Stomach cancer. My symptoms are as follows

All of these symptoms started appearing roughly 3 weeks ago this should be everything I'm suffering with

I had an episode towards the end of July where I had this pain run up the back of my neck and hung around for a couple not days before subsiding but comes in once in a while with a headache (I forgot to mention this to my doctor on Monday)

1. Poor appetite, kind of, I do get incredibly hungry like last night I devoured half a pizza in under 10 minutes. Some weight loss, since it all started I want from 190 to currently 184 last got weighed on Monday at the doctors office

2. Sometimes fullness of the stomach especially after I eat

3. Bloating

4. Excessive flatulence no real change in smell, at least from what I can tell, increased burping

5. Bowel movements are all over the place no sign of blood from what I can see but there is mucus from time to time but only really saw it on the TP and Did have a few "sticky" stool also a I do get sometimes the urge to have or finish a bowel movement even though I already did, and when something comes out it looks like how it should sausage shape and all just smaller

6. I have seen an uptick in my urination but it looks as normal as it should be tinge in any capacity

7.the past few days I've been finding myself waking up in the middle of the night and unable to go back to sleep (I'm so tired)

8. And my newest issue, which just started this morning of post this I got hit by two really be rough waves of nauesa at work that almost caused me to vomit everywhere, but at least it subsided, somewhat it really hasn't interfered with my eating I'm at lunch right now typing this up and feeling ok enough to eat some food but a wave of nauesa has washed over me. It's almost to the point I don't want to eat for fear of vomiting

My doctor thinks I'm just dealing with a an anxiety episode and it should subside and has me on the generic version of Laxepro which take a few weeks to activate, and wants me to check back in a month with him. I trust him implicitly because he's been my GP literally my entire life, but I'm just convinced it's not and it's eating at me. "What if he is wrong" "my symptoms aren't getting better and I'm scared" everything put me in to a panic at one point and made me go to urgent care where they couldn't find anything and just chalked it up to dr. Google and my CBC came back normal.

Speaking of dr.google I did a search for loss of appetite which happened after I had a couple of really intense salivary gland spasms( I'm no stranger to the spams I've had them before but these two two days in a row where intense) and Dr Google sent me down the cancer rabbit hole and so far alot of symptoms I've seen have at some point started to appear like bloating loss of appetite weight loss excessive gas and burping fullness of the stomach usually after eating now nauesa. No aniema or fatigue

it's making me insane scared and it's literally affecting my daily life, I've spent more time obsessing over this than being with my girlfriend or Friends, I haven't gone out for 3 weeks I just spend time at home on forums I probably shouldn't be on and looking at articles. It's even starting to effect work people have made comments about the 180 in my personality

Do you folk have any suggestions? Thanks

NancyW
28-08-19, 20:47
Yes, STOP googling and listen to your dr.

Read that as many times as it takes for it to sink in...

STOP googling and listen to you dr.

jojo2316
28-08-19, 21:08
From your symptoms, it certainly sounds like your doctor’s diagnosis is the most likely

Fishmanpa
28-08-19, 21:19
Respectfully, being a survivor and having read tens of thousands of similar posts and the fact you're posting on an anxiety website and all your symptoms can be found in the SYMPTOMS (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms) section, I agree with the previous posts ;)

Positive thoughts

Nicole0134
28-08-19, 21:55
HA induced IBS?

Wtf
29-08-19, 16:12
I broke down and made a referral request to see a GI, it might be an extreme but I just need that piece of mind

Wtf
29-08-19, 16:13
I broke down and made a referral request to see a GI, it might be an extreme but I just need that piece of mind guess it's time I pay the 2250 deductible on my insurance

Wtf
30-08-19, 15:37
Well I figured I'd give you guys an update I'm currently on day 3 of my SSRI my appetite seems to have completely disappered no inkling of hunger what so ever the bloating seems to have subsided.
I'm still waking up in the middle of the night this team it seems to be accompanied by Restless legs and shortness of breath. It now feels like there is something in my abdomen. The nausea I haven't experienced it yet today but the day is still young. I'm trying to stay positive but it's so hard

Wtf
04-09-19, 00:28
Hello, I'm returning once again but this time my much calmer and level headed self, (I think the Lexapro is finally starting to work, it also seems to me to respond and be a little more effective with more positive thoughts and energy...maybe or maybe it was more me than anything) and have gone through some self evaluation over how ludicrous I was. So if you will permit me I would like to tell you all about my introspection and my conclusions.
First, I have cancelled my "panic referral" to see a GI and will let my GP decide if it's a potential avenue we should take.

Second, as my anxiety has subsided these past couple of days, it still flares up, usually in the morning but will subside at some point, it does try to jump in here and there but I stop, breathe and close my eyes for about 5 minutes and it lessens. I've noticed several of my symptoms seemed to have either disappeared or lessened (more lessened than disappeared)

Third, I'm new to this anxiety/health Anxiety world so everything was just panic and fear, a simple problem that may have resolved it self that day or even a couple of days was no doubtedly exasperated by my anxiety.

Fourth, I'm almost positive that because of the constant stress I put on myself through my anxiety gave rises to what I'm almost positive is anxiety induced IBS, I spent a couple of days reading through various posts on the forum I hot so many of the symptoms it's ridiculous. Excessive burping and wind, bloating(does subside after flatulence a "few times"), inconsistent stools pretty sure semi-constipated, full sensation after eating, the need to use the bathroom after eating, sensation of not being done, gurgling and shifting sounds in my stomach and intestines,the full and pain sensation in my lower abdomen, the mucus in my stool not a lot but still, the traveling pain under my ribs and the discomfort on my leftside. Also my chronic urination. Oh and let's not forget the just general abdominal pain that comes and goes

Fifth, I noticed my appetite, although very slowly but surely is returning, I feel it should be back in full swing in another week or so, I'm just still going to make my self keep eating several small meals through out the next several days. Gonna hold off weighing myself until my GP appointment don't need to cause my anxiety to return right now.

Sixth, I'm pretty sure I have anxiety induced GERD or reflux pain at the base of my throat sour taste, all the classic symptoms. (any thoughts on what to do for this?)

Seventh, my nausea has also lessened, although still there isn't as intense but I initially got hit with it when I first started my SSRI the night before so I'm sure it's a side effect of that

Eighth, I noticed that when my anxiety ran high so did my blood pressure EVEN on blood pressure meds, my highest which was at almost the point of a panic attack was 159/84, that just goes to show you how powerful Anxiety is.

Ninth, I'm staying the hell off of Google, maybe not completely, I have to accept this side of myself, I just have to be careful on how I look things up and keep it very broad in my search perimeters, and if I feel that isn't enough seek out a professional.

I don't know if I have anything else to add, I'm just now more acutely aware of me now and just how fragile the over all human condition is, I have this one life and I'm not going to waste it panicking over something that could be not sinister or just phantom.

My steps going forward, stay on top of my meds, reduce stress, and look in to CBT, and talking with my GP on the 19th.

Thank you for reading my incoherent rambling.

Fishmanpa
04-09-19, 00:50
Sounds quite positive... glad to see it! Keep up the good work!

Positive thoughts