PDA

View Full Version : Appendicitis or Stomach flu

Deepseathree
28-08-19, 23:58
Monday morning at 1:49am I woke up with lots of stomach pain/vomiting/diarrhea that was continuous. Went to the ER around 7 and was told it was a GI issue. I was given blood/urine/stool sample. Given fluids while there fetanyl and zofran. Given a doctors note for work until the 28th and prescribed Zofran. Ran a fever through the day that eventually cleared.

I couldn’t miss work so I attended the next day being Tuesday. Felt like shit, but drank lots of fluids. No diarrhea through the day, lots of bloating. Got home that evening and relaxed in bed for awhile and ate a little bit(small turkey sandwich). Actually started feeling like I was on the mend. Went to bed and woke up around three with diarrhea that kept me up for a few hours, then I went back to sleep.

Woke up this morning tired from lack of sleep, had some diarrhea issues, but started my fluids. No diarrhea through the day, lots of gas. Started feeling awful and drained, went and tried to sleep. Just woke up feeling exhausted and lots of bloating and gas with some pain on my right side. Don’t know what to do from here

RadioGaGa
29-08-19, 00:27
My ex was a medical student (he's now 4 years post qualifying, scary how time flies) but I remember I had an appendicitis fear when I was going out with him.

He told me a way to diagnose it is to cough. If there is a pain in the appendix area when you cough, you probably have appendicitis. If not, you can probably rule it out. However I am not a doctor, and if you have any concerns your own GP/primary care should address this

​Good luck

Fishmanpa
29-08-19, 00:37
Appendicitis or Stomach flu (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?231597-Appendicitis-or-Stomach-flu)

Based on the fact this has been ongoing for 48 hours, you're posting on an anxiety forum and still waiting on reassurance, I would say a stomach bug.

Positive thoughts

Lana
29-08-19, 01:37
I had appendicitis years ago, and after the pain started , I had my appendix out literally within several hours. Appendicitis gets worse by minute, and the pain is unbearable. It has nothing to do with what you described. I agree with Fishmanpa - definitely sounds like bacterial or viral intestinal infection. If that had been appendicitis, you would have been dead by now without seeing doctor. So - do not worry about it. Good luck

textsfromthemoon
29-08-19, 08:07
I had the stomach flu in June and this sounds exactly like how mine was, even after the initial "main" symptoms went away I still had residual symptoms (especially after eating) for about 3 or 4 days, bloating, gas, loose stools etc., this sounds pretty typical of a stomach flu/noro virus imo, you'll probably feel back to normal in a day or two :) try to stick to light/easy to digest foods (bananas, plain rice, toast are all some good ones) if you're still having stomach problems.