PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr....thought it had gone!

geordie flower
21-09-07, 13:37
:mad: Just when i thought i had this anxiety thing sorted BANG! its back! How many people out there can have a few good days even a week when you think " i feel champion ive been feeling good lately it must have gone" then out of the blue the familiar feelings come back. Right now ive got the shakes, heads in bits and fuzzy and i feel really dizzy and drunk! :weep: So if anyone has similar experiences or any advice I would love to hear from you, thanks for listening to my rant tracey :) x

nomorepanic
21-09-07, 20:09
Tracey

I had a few years of no panic then back in June wham it hit me and had a panic attack again.

I hate this anxiety I really do!

Joe1981
22-09-07, 04:01
Hello, I too thought i had beat the whole dizziness thing and guess what? Yes, its back again.. I know it sucks, trust me but what i keep telling myself is that i beat this once and i can beat it again. Feel free to email me if u have any questions cause i know this whole dizziness thing all too well..

Take care..

Gryphoenix
22-09-07, 17:50
Happens to me, I can go for a long time without feeling any anxiety and I can almost forget what it feels like, then BAM it's back. I'd like to think of it as a CBT of sorts--a little reminder on how to deal with anxiety so that we won't totally forget how to deal with it next time it rolls around. Stay positive! :D

honeybee3939
22-09-07, 17:56
Hi Tracey

I have gone many weeks without anxiety too, but when a bad day comes along i keep telling myself that tomorrows another day and the good days far out-weigh the bad !:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

groovygranny
22-09-07, 20:42
Hello Tracey,

I haven't had a full blown panic attack for over a year, but I've had little 'ripples'.

When I had my last pa a year ago I had just been back at work for a few months and was on a long weekend visiting a childhood friend.

It just came out of the blue and really knocked me sideways for there seemed to be no apparent reason for it.

My friend was so good to me - he quietly took me out of the restaurant where we were enjoying a meal and we just went for a little walk. He talked reassuringly to me the whole time, while my husband explained to his wife what was happening!

Anyway, I got to a point where I was able to stop myself from just running, and me and my husband went back to the B & B. I was pacing, shaking, dizzy and thinking racing thoughts right through the night. But all the time I was saying to myself " I got through this before - I'll get through it again...it will eventually end".

And it did.

Now, I know this is nothing compared to what you are going through at the moment, but I'm convinced that we can 'train our thoughts' to think through the panic and be victorious over it.

big hugs to you

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers: