PDA

View Full Version : So worried about what’s wrong with me...

Hypo27
09-07-19, 01:25
I’ve had shortness of breath off and on since around 2015 that’s just gotten worse and worse.. The past month has been really bad I’ve been feeling really suffocated and every breath feels like it’s a task and I’m always focused on my breathing.... I had a pulmonary function test last year that was basically normal and I had an echo done last month which read was normal but they couldn’t calculate my pulmonary pressures which would tell if I had pulmonary hypertension which I’ve been worried about causing my shortness of breath. I have a stress test Thursday which I’m terrified to even do because I get out of breath so easy.

Hypo27
09-07-19, 01:30
Also most of you know I have a Chiari Malformation which I’ve read could cause shortness of breath. I don’t know if it’s the chiari or pulmonary hypertension or something... I did go to the er last night where they did an X-ray, EKG, and blood work which was all pretty much normal but my breathing is so bad I’m so terrified :(

Hypo27
09-07-19, 01:44
I’ve also noticed my respiratory rate being a lot lower. A normal respiratory rate is like 12-20 I noticed mine as low as 8 at the hospital last night.. So scared I’m close to respiratory failure or something :( Does it sound like it could be Neurologic or pulmonary hypertension?

Hypo27
09-07-19, 01:52
Please someone? It sounds more Neurological because of the slow breathing along with the breathless feeling..

Hypo27
09-07-19, 02:34
Should i go back to the er??

Hypo27
09-07-19, 03:05
Are their any nurses here that could give any advice?

utrocket09
09-07-19, 03:14
Are their any nurses here that could give any advice?

Not a nurse, but as someone with breathing issues if it was really that bad then you would not have been allowed to leave.

adamden
09-07-19, 03:21
I’ve also noticed my respiratory rate being a lot lower. A normal respiratory rate is like 12-20 I noticed mine as low as 8 at the hospital last night.. So scared I’m close to respiratory failure or something :( Does it sound like it could be Neurologic or pulmonary hypertension?
Also not a nurse, but I’m in agreement to what utrocket just said, if it was truly something concerning, they would not have let you leave the hospital. Your tests came back fine, you must trust your doctors :)

Hypo27
09-07-19, 03:21
Not a nurse, but as someone with breathing issues if it was really that bad then you would not have been allowed to leave.
Thank you for the response.. It’s just way worse today than it was yesterday what scares me is it seems to get worse everyday :(

Fishmanpa
09-07-19, 03:28

That, and its been two hours and several panicked posts seeking reassurance in the same pattern you typically exhibit. If it truly was that serious, you would have already been back at the ER. I am curious though... it's been two months since your last thread. What have you done during that time to quell the dragon?

Positive thoughts

bin tenn
09-07-19, 04:05
I felt oddly short of breath for a week or two recently, and it was persistent. It wasn't just a "I felt a little short of breath and it disappeared" thing, it was practically 24/7 for that week or two. Then I felt severely overwhelmed one evening while out with the family, had a moderate panic attack, and a few smaller attacks after that. And my breathing seems to have magically fixed itself. Could just be anxiety manifesting - which is common.

As for the stress test, I have always felt like I get out of breath easily. I can walk half a flight of stairs and feel like my chest is going to explode (bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea). However, I had a stress test in 2016, and when they asked me to get off the treadmill I felt fantastic. Only when I sat down and relaxed did I notice the changes in breathing (caused by the exertion) and questioned if it was normal. Again, not unusual for anxiety.

BlueIris
09-07-19, 04:42
Seconding Bin Tenn here. When I'm anxious, it takes next to no exertion to make me breathless. When I'm not, it hardly ever happens.

Hypo27
09-07-19, 04:46
That, and its been two hours and several panicked posts seeking reassurance in the same pattern you typically exhibit. If it truly was that serious, you would have already been back at the ER. I am curious though... it's been two months since your last thread. What have you done during that time to quell the dragon?

Positive thoughts

I definitely feel worse today for sure I just hate for it to be another wasted trip.. Just really scared as to why I’m getting bad so fast..

BlueIris
09-07-19, 04:48
Because you're driving yourself loopy with panic.

Hypo27
09-07-19, 04:55
Seconding Bin Tenn here. When I'm anxious, it takes next to no exertion to make me breathless. When I'm not, it hardly ever happens.

Whats really scary just laying here I feel short of breath and smothered feeling. When it’s bad it’s hard getting air out..

BlueIris
09-07-19, 04:58
I repeat, this is because you're panicking.

Hypo27
09-07-19, 05:08
I repeat, this is because you're panicking.

I’m not even panicking at all though just laying here.. The other day I took a piece of Xanax and it didn’t even help the breathing so does that rule out anxiety?

Hypo27
09-07-19, 05:09
Another thing I find odd is alcohol at all makes its way worse which it use to kinda take it away now it’s like it suppresses my breathing even further..

bin tenn
09-07-19, 05:16
Another thing I find odd is alcohol at all makes its way worse which it use to kinda take it away now it’s like it suppresses my breathing even further..

Well yeah. Alcohol is no good for anxiety...

Whats really scary just laying here I feel short of breath and smothered feeling. When it’s bad it’s hard getting air out..

Same thing I went through recently.

Hypo27
09-07-19, 05:22
Well yeah. Alcohol is no good for anxiety...

Same thing I went through recently.

If it were anxiety wouldn’t Xanax help the breathing?

Hypo27
09-07-19, 05:59
Yeah that’s what I thought.... Probably not anxiety then..

utrocket09
09-07-19, 11:37
Yeah that’s what I thought.... Probably not anxiety then..

Yes it is...if it was not, then the ER would have kept you. What is going to happen is the same thing that happened the other day, you go to ER and they send you home. Since there is nothing wrong with you other then anxiety, no reason to keep you. You really need some therapy.

nomorepanic
09-07-19, 13:08
Breathing problems are really common with anxiety as we overthink things that makes it worse.

Get on top of the anxiety and hopefully it should lessen.

nomorepanic
09-07-19, 13:09
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Hypo27
09-07-19, 15:56
Yes it is...if it was not, then the ER would have kept you. What is going to happen is the same thing that happened the other day, you go to ER and they send you home. Since there is nothing wrong with you other then anxiety, no reason to keep you. You really need some therapy.

Well just because the er doesn’t pick anything up on basic tests doesn’t mean I can’t have something wrong...

Hypo27
09-07-19, 15:57
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Why dis my thread get moved here just because I’m having symptoms of shortness of breath? I see plenty of people on the hypochondria forum that are having symptoms? There’s hardly no one on this part of the board..

Hypo27
09-07-19, 16:04
Hi

Why did my thread get moved here just because I’m having symptoms of shortness of breath? I see plenty of people on the hypochondria forum that are having symptoms? There’s hardly no one on this part of the board..

Fishmanpa
09-07-19, 16:30
I am curious though... it's been two months since your last thread. What have you done during that time to quell the dragon?

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
09-07-19, 18:29
Why did my thread get moved here just because I’m having symptoms of shortness of breath? I see plenty of people on the hypochondria forum that are having symptoms? There’s hardly no one on this part of the board..

Because you have anxiety symptoms. Simples. Maybe posting here will make it more popular then :yesyes:

and if you look there are loads of posts in this forum from recent days

pulisa
09-07-19, 20:01
Why dis my thread get moved here just because I’m having symptoms of shortness of breath? I see plenty of people on the hypochondria forum that are having symptoms? There’s hardly no one on this part of the board..

But you've just said that you're not a hypochondriac-this time- because ER have missed something major so......I expect you would rather just get some helpful advice on the Symptoms Board from people who have been through this common experience?

Hypo27
10-07-19, 15:09
Well I’m just continually getting worse last night I woke up really short of breath I’m guessing it’s some form of apnea.... Whatevwr is wrong is affecting me at night to :( I see my pcp tomorrow I’m terrified of what wrong with my breathing... It’s gotta be either something neurological like respiratory muscle weakness or the chiari or pulmonary hypertension.. I can’t take satisfying breaths anymore and climbing any kind of stairs or ladders really gets me out of breath :(

nomorepanic
10-07-19, 16:17
I am guessing it is ...... anxiety.

Hypo27
18-07-19, 01:43
I’m still having breathing issues and it’s just getting worse :(. I really think it’s something bad like pulmonary hypertension or respiratory muscle weakness... I have a pulse ox meter and I’ve watched it go down to 95 % at rest and I walked a good distance with the meter on and it went down to 87 percent :( I’m so scared guys....

Hypo27
18-07-19, 01:53
I’m really so scared I know it’s something bad...

Hypo27
18-07-19, 02:23
Anyone have anything similar??

Hypo27
18-07-19, 04:49
��

Hypo27
18-07-19, 05:07
The past few nights have been so hard to go to sleep because the right feeling in my chest and shortness of breath... I have an o2 meter and my oxygen never goes above 97 it usually stays at 96% which is really odd.... I checked it earlier while walking and it dropped to 87% could it have been a bad read? Does it sound like I need to go back to the er??? I went last night where they did all the normal routine stuff again X-ray, ekg, blood work ect and it was all normal. Please what should I do :(

Hypo27
18-07-19, 05:11
My o2 level laying in bed right now is 96% then jumped to 98 then back to 96 it’s like I’m not able to breathe deep enough for it to stay like 98...

Hypo27
18-07-19, 05:13
And then on top of that I haven’t been able to fall asleep until really late idk if that’s because my breathing or just from the worry and stress about the breathing?

BlueIris
18-07-19, 05:23
Bear in mind that this is a UK-based site so only the very earliest of birds will likely be around.

You're in a panic spiral right now. It's awful, but the anxiety is your problem, not the health concerns. I tend to get massively short of breath when I'm anxious.

For a quick fix, go look on YouTube for guided meditations? There should be something there you can follow.

Hypo27
18-07-19, 05:30
I’ll definitely look that up. Does this not sound concerning at all to you?

BlueIris
18-07-19, 05:46
No, because you've been told repeatedly by qualified medical staff that everything's okay. It's safe to trust them, and to assume any weird stuff is due to anxiety.

ankietyjoe
18-07-19, 08:14
You're just hyper aware of your breathing, it's very common with anxiety. If it's been checked, you're fine.

You need to put the O2 meter in a drawer and forget about it, and then distract yourself from your breathing. It also helps to breath through your nose (even though you think you need to gasp air in through your mouth) as you're probably hyper ventilating too.

textsfromthemoon
18-07-19, 08:22
I dealt with this feeling last week, even though I "felt" like I wasn't getting enough air or like my breathing was "off" it ended up being my anxiety and the fact that I was just focusing way too hard on a normal bodily function. Do you have any things you enjoy to do to distract yourself? I found that the best thing when I had this feeling or any hyperfixation really is to focus on something else and notice how quickly the feelings go away once our minds are occupied.

Also, like ankietyjoe said, consider moving or having someone else hold onto the O2 meter for now, remember you were just tested by medical professionals and everything came back clear.

nomorepanic
18-07-19, 13:25
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Hypo27
18-07-19, 23:08
Oh god the shortness of breath just keeps getting worse... Just checked my oxygen again and it went down to 95 just sitting here that has to mean something bad is wrong :(

nomorepanic
18-07-19, 23:13
95 sounds fine to me

Hypo27
19-07-19, 00:16
95 sounds fine to me

I know somethings not right because I get this feeling in my chest and it feels really hard to get air in and out more so out.. It feels like when breathing out I can’t get all the air out and I run out of air really quick.... It feels like I can’t even feel my self breathing because it’s shallow I guess idk but I’m beyond terrified :( . I see my pcp next Tuesday but idk if I can make it that long this feels so bad...

Hypo27
19-07-19, 00:54
What’s weird I’ll have brief periods where I feel fine and am breathing clear and great but then back to feeling constricted and the weight on my chest..

MyNameIsTerry
19-07-19, 02:01
Readings in the high 90's are perfectly normal, it fluctuates 94%+ anyway. Bare in mind your levels move around just as everything else does e.g. your blood pressure, you cna;t expect it to always be x as the human body doesn't work like that.

If you are experiencing shortness of breathe (more when relaxing) then it may be worth talking to your GP about this. But haven't you done this already?

I've asthma since childhood, I've never used one of these pulse oximeters other than the occasional time a medical professional needed to message it and that was rare. I will bet you those of us with asthma have readings lower than you because we have a chronic lung condition and yet we aren't advised to bother checking these levels as they are not concerned.

Bare in mind shortness of breathe and anxiety can be common. Panic means the breathing changes. And also bare in mind we often worry about breathing which leads to trying to "manually breathe" which puts stress on the body as we don't do it as well as the subconscious has been doing it since birth and this results in aches & pains, tightness (yet it;s not chest tightness, it's more the back musckes).

Hypo27
19-07-19, 02:31
Readings in the high 90's are perfectly normal, it fluctuates 94%+ anyway. Bare in mind your levels move around just as everything else does e.g. your blood pressure, you cna;t expect it to always be x as the human body doesn't work like that.

If you are experiencing shortness of breathe (more when relaxing) then it may be worth talking to your GP about this. But haven't you done this already?

I've asthma since childhood, I've never used one of these pulse oximeters other than the occasional time a medical professional needed to message it and that was rare. I will bet you those of us with asthma have readings lower than you because we have a chronic lung condition and yet we aren't advised to bother checking these levels as they are not concerned.

Bare in mind shortness of breathe and anxiety can be common. Panic means the breathing changes. And also bare in mind we often worry about breathing which leads to trying to "manually breathe" which puts stress on the body as we don't do it as well as the subconscious has been doing it since birth and this results in aches & pains, tightness (yet it;s not chest tightness, it's more the back musckes).

Yes I’ve been to the er multiple times and I just had an echocardiogram of my heart that was normal. I had pulmonary function test done last year that was normal also. I see my pcp Tuesday I just hope it’s not something serious like pulmonary hypertension or respiratory muscle weakness....

ankietyjoe
19-07-19, 08:39
Throw the O2 meter in the bin please.

And stop googling things you don't understand.

Carys
19-07-19, 09:15
Stop using the Oxygen meter, as Joe said, nobody in the home (unless they have a respiratory illness that requires checking) needs one!

Oh god the shortness of breath just keeps getting worse... Just checked my oxygen again and it went down to 95 just sitting here that has to mean something bad is wrong :(

You have issues with your breathing due to anxiety, tightness of muscles and hyper awareness of what should be an automatic function. YOU are currently affecting your breathing by focusing on it, and highly likely affecting your oxygen reading with hyperventilation. See any anxiety article that talks about 'shortness of breath'.

Hypo27
19-07-19, 23:34
Stop using the Oxygen meter, as Joe said, nobody in the home (unless they have a respiratory illness that requires checking) needs one!

You have issues with your breathing due to anxiety, tightness of muscles and hyper awareness of what should be an automatic function. YOU are currently affecting your breathing by focusing on it, and highly likely affecting your oxygen reading with hyperventilation. See any anxiety article that talks about 'shortness of breath'.

I really don’t think it’s anxiety because I keep getting chest pressure off and on and I read that your supposed to breathe out more than you breathe in. Like I can take in a deep breath through my nose that last for 5 seconds but when blowing out I run out of air in like 3 that just can’t be right... It’s like I’m struggling to get the air out idk I’m so scared :(

BlueIris
20-07-19, 05:24
Listen to what you're told by the medical staff. They have the knowledge, the training and they're not half-insane from anxiety.

Fishmanpa
20-07-19, 05:31
Hypo... in the 2+ years you've been here and prior to that on AZ, your anxiety and skewed way of thinking as well as posting pattern hasn't changed at all. Nothing you feared has been a real physical issue and sadly, you've done nothing to address your mental illness. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. One thing is for sure.... you're driving yourself crazy :(

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

Carys
20-07-19, 09:20
Hypo... in the 2+ years you've been here and prior to that on AZ, your anxiety and skewed way of thinking as well as posting pattern hasn't changed at all. Nothing you feared has been a real physical issue and sadly, you've done nothing to address your mental illness.

Sadly yes. People keep hoping that you will find a molecule of motivation to deal with your REAL illness, but you never do. What can we do or say that wll make any difference? Its all been tried over the years.....

It'll be anxiety and focusing on your breathing I am SURE. You are on an anxiety site, you have HA, this is a known about symptom of anxiety, some of us responding have had EXACTLY what you describe......yep we are whistling in the wind.

Hypo27
30-08-19, 00:05
I deal with so many symptoms every day suck as head pressure, dizziness/vertigo, shortness of breath, skipped heart beats, unsteady when walking and fatigue. I do have a chiari Malformation which I’ve read could cause all of those symptoms. I’ve just been really depressed and anxious about this because it’s ruining my life :( I feel like I have no purpose anymore because I can’t hardly do anything anymore without feeling those symptoms... Has anyone else dealt with stuff like this?

Hypo27
30-08-19, 00:09
I’ve been drinking everyday because of these symptoms and it’s the only time I get any relief.... I know that’s its definitely not the right thing to do but idk what else to do :(

Hypo27
30-08-19, 00:41
Please anyone? My heart is skipping a lot today and the dizziness is real bad should I go to the er?

utrocket09
30-08-19, 02:21
Please anyone? My heart is skipping a lot today and the dizziness is real bad should I go to the er?

The ER is for actual emergencies. Just wait and your regular doctor or go to an urgent care.

Hypo27
30-08-19, 02:34
The ER is for actual emergencies. Just wait and your regular doctor or go to an urgent care.
Skipped heartbeats and being real lightheaded isn’t an emergency? Can’t my heart just stop when it skips like that? It’s been skipping for a month straight..

bin tenn
30-08-19, 02:40
Skipped heartbeats and being real lightheaded isn’t an emergency? Can’t my heart just stop when it skips like that? It’s been skipping for a month straight..

Considering this is nothing new for you, no, I don't believe it's an emergency. By all means, seek whatever medical attention you feel is necessary; that's all on you. But generally speaking these symptoms are rarely worrisome, typically only when they're new and sudden as well as severe (e.g. syncope / fainting).

I do still struggle with general anxiety, but I am significantly better than I was a couple years ago. At least most days are "normal" and few days are intense / anxious - opposite of what it used to be. But even now I get all the symptoms you are experiencing. The slightest uptick in anxiety / stress can cause them for me. I experienced them on a regular basis when I was worse off, including for weeks or even a month or two at a time.

Hypo27
30-08-19, 02:53
Considering this is nothing new for you, no, I don't believe it's an emergency. By all means, seek whatever medical attention you feel is necessary; that's all on you. But generally speaking these symptoms are rarely worrisome, typically only when they're new and sudden as well as severe (e.g. syncope / fainting).

I do still struggle with general anxiety, but I am significantly better than I was a couple years ago. At least most days are "normal" and few days are intense / anxious - opposite of what it used to be. But even now I get all the symptoms you are experiencing. The slightest uptick in anxiety / stress can cause them for me. I experienced them on a regular basis when I was worse off, including for weeks or even a month or two at a time.

Thdbkd for the response bin. These are kinda new considering they started a few weeks ago... Did you have the real strong skipped beats like make you cough kinda? I can feel my pulse when it happens and it stops briefly..

Hypo27
30-08-19, 03:18
Has anyone else had these strong skipped beats and it not be serious? I hate to go to the er but I’m just worried..I had a ekg a couple weeks ago that was normal but my heart didn’t skip during the ekg so it missed it..

Fishmanpa
30-08-19, 03:31
Do a search (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/search.php) for skipped beats. There are literally pages and pages and pages about this here and none were serious.

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
30-08-19, 03:34
Do a search (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/search.php) for skipped beats. There are literally pages and pages and pages about this here and none were serious.

Positive thoughts

Every story I’ve read on here they didn’t complain of the strong skipped beats... More like just fluttering and stuff.

bin tenn
30-08-19, 04:25
I've had all sorts of palpitations, including the strong skipped beats that gave me the sudden urge to cough. Those are no more harmful or indicative of a physiological issue than any other such anomaly. I've had a handful over the years that felt like a light punch to my chest. Still, nothing you've described sounds out of the ordinary.

Of course you can feel the brief pause in your pulse when you feel a skipped beat - because it sort of does "skip" a beat. What actually happens is a premature beat (hence Premature Ventricular / Arterial Contraction, or PVC / PAC) meaning the heart contracts earlier than it was supposed to. That creates a brief pause followed by a stronger beat, because the premature contraction was slightly out of time and thus didn't move enough blood, and the next (stronger) beat is still on time. It's stronger because it has to make up for what the premature beat failed to do.

PVCs and PACs are generally harmless, with a few exceptions. Exceptions that, in my opinion (I'm nowhere near formally educated or qualified to diagnose anything, ever), are not likely for you.

Even if you don't find exactly what you're looking for here, I assure you there are countless stories on Google just like yours. Every resource returned by a Google search has at least one word in common: ANXIETY. I know anxiety can cause this crap, because I've dealt with it for several years.

lofwyr
30-08-19, 05:23
I have a myriad of legitimate and serious cardiac issues. I also have hammer like pvcs. I have palpitations that take your breath away, and have had them for decades.

My heart has been scanned and monitored in literally every method possible. I have had ekgs, ultrasounds, MRI, ct and heart catheterization for the known issues I do have. I have been assured by a cardiothoracic surgeon, GP, and two cardiologists that my palpitations are the result of anxiety alone, and nothing to do with my issues.

In fact stress and anxiety were cited by one cardiologist as the absolute leading cause of palpitations and skipped beats.

If you want to address the issue behind the symptoms, find help for the anxiety besides the drinking. From my experience, any temporary reprieve from anxiety you might find in a bottle is short lived, and alcohol only made things worse for me in the long run, to the point where I entered AA 21 years ago. Not passing judgement, I was where you are, just sharing my experience.

AntsyVee
30-08-19, 06:46
Please listen to lofwyr, B. Your anxiety has ruled your life for far too long.

Elen
30-08-19, 08:27
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Carys
30-08-19, 09:14
Has anyone else had these strong skipped beats and it not be serious

Yes, very strong, sometimes runs of them. They started at 23 years old for me, and I am now 50 - and ALIVE. Not fluttering but thumping great ectopic beats!

Hypo27
02-09-19, 18:36
Does anyone else feel really weird the next day after drinking? I feel so weird and disconnected what’s going on. The past 2 days I’ve notice my legs particularly my thighs have been like real weak feeling. When I walk they feel kinda tight and weak like I could fall any minute..

Hypo27
02-09-19, 18:40
I’ve gotten to where I’m worrying about every little thing and I can’t control it and I feel so depressed for no reason.. I just have so many issues I deal with every it’s just exhausting. I have lexapro I’m just so scared to take it because of side effects..

nomorepanic
02-09-19, 18:41
Time to take the medication or get some professional help I think.

Hypo27
02-09-19, 19:05
Time to take the medication or get some professional help I think.

Yeah I think I’m gonna take it tonight I just hope it goes ok.. I have Xanax just in case it may cause a panic attack or something. I definitely think the alcohol is making everything worse I want to give it up for good.

Hypo27
02-09-19, 19:12
Has anyone else had success with lexapro?

Hypo27
02-09-19, 19:14
I’m really worried about how I’m feeling today though my head feels so weird and I’m really lightheaded..

AntsyVee
02-09-19, 20:49
I've had success with Lexapro. I've been on it since you thought you were dying from ALS years ago. You need to stay on it. I know how you work. You're gonna think of any little thing to stop taking it, BUT DON'T. Time to start going to AA meetings too. Don't you think your daughter is worth you getting better? Time to stop living this double life, B.

Hypo27
03-09-19, 01:34
Could my skipping heart beats be caused by the alcohol? I’m really lightheaded right now I’m so scared I’m gonna pass out :(. I may need to go to the er I feel horrible...

Hypo27
03-09-19, 01:41
I’m also worried the lightheadedness is heart related since I’m having the palpitations a lot to... I’ve had multiple clean ekgs and a clean echo a couple months ago doesn’t that almost rule out my heart as a cause?

roseanxiety
03-09-19, 02:08
Yes it does. You should take the medicine. It helps so much. And i do believe alcohol can cause palpitations as well as coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bin tenn
03-09-19, 15:17
Agreed, take the medication. You'll probably start feeling better much sooner rather than later. It's not a magic cure, but it will help take the edge off. As for the skipped beats, yes, alcohol can certainly do that. Alcohol, tobacco, drugs, caffeine, stress / anxiety - a handful of things that are all capable of causing heart palpitations, as well as dizziness, nausea, shortness of breath, etc.

AMomentofClarity
03-09-19, 20:15
Does anyone else feel really weird the next day after drinking? I feel so weird and disconnected what’s going on. The past 2 days I’ve notice my legs particularly my thighs have been like real weak feeling. When I walk they feel kinda tight and weak like I could fall any minute..

Yeah, it’s called a hangover :shrug:

Hypo27
10-09-19, 18:45
I just cant stop worrying about everything... My symptoms just keep getting worse like the wooziness and skipped beats, vertigo feelings, and chest pressure off and on. I do think I need AA for drinking. That's all I care about anymore because its the only thing that takes the symptoms away for the most part.... On top of my issues my wife has been dealing with heart palpitations and stuff also. She sees a cardiologist tomorrow about that and I'm just so worried something is wrong with her heart or something.. Just seems like everything is going wrong.

Hypo27
10-09-19, 18:57
My wife also has hashimotos and hypothyroidism but when her blood was last checked it was down to normal range. I know that thyroid problems can cause heart issues and stuff.. Everything is just seems to be falling apart you know? The fact that ive had these weird skipped beats for over a month tells me something is wrong with my heart... Should I see a electro-physiologist the one that specializes in heart rhythms? I'm really thinking about going to the er about the skipped beats it has to be something bad.

bin tenn
10-09-19, 23:34
My wife also has hashimotos and hypothyroidism but when her blood was last checked it was down to normal range. I know that thyroid problems can cause heart issues and stuff.. Everything is just seems to be falling apart you know? The fact that ive had these weird skipped beats for over a month tells me something is wrong with my heart... Should I see a electro-physiologist the one that specializes in heart rhythms? I'm really thinking about going to the er about the skipped beats it has to be something bad.

It doesn't have to be, and it usually isn't. If you've been cleared fairly recently by a medical professional, going back will only exacerbate and drive the anxiety.

Hypo27
11-09-19, 02:05
It doesn't have to be, and it usually isn't. If you've been cleared fairly recently by a medical professional, going back will only exacerbate and drive the anxiety.

I just think the ekg hasn’t picked up this severe arrhythmia because every time I’ve had the ekg the skipping happens after it it’s never during it..

Hypo27
11-09-19, 13:20
Right? If the heart skipping doesn’t happen during an ekg it won’t pick it up? I’m so scared of what’s causing these skipped beats...

bin tenn
11-09-19, 13:31
Right? If the heart skipping doesn’t happen during an ekg it won’t pick it up? I’m so scared of what’s causing these skipped beats...

Typically, yes, an arrhythmia has to occur during the EKG for it to be detected - as far as I know, but I'm no expert, by any means. Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that skipped beat / other palpitations are most often benign. Believe me, I've dealt with my fair share of these. I've had whole days when my heart would sort of "flutter" every two to three minutes (I timed them). I asked my cardiologist about it and he said "that happens, they're a nuisance, huh?" And that was the end of it.

Hypo27
11-09-19, 13:39
Typically, yes, an arrhythmia has to occur during the EKG for it to be detected - as far as I know, but I'm no expert, by any means. Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that skipped beat / other palpitations are most often benign. Believe me, I've dealt with my fair share of these. I've had whole days when my heart would sort of "flutter" every two to three minutes (I timed them). I asked my cardiologist about it and he said "that happens, they're a nuisance, huh?" And that was the end of it.

Yeah but I’ve had these for over a month straight! They are only getting worse...

Hypo27
11-09-19, 13:56
I'm also worried I might really have a brain tumor... The past week I've had this pain on one spot of my head.. I've read that brain tumors cause pain on one side of the head. I've had a lot of ct scans of my head over the years so I'm definitely at risk you know? I've also been getting burning sensations in my head and seeing stuff in my vision from time to time which also are signs of brain cancer...

Hypo27
11-09-19, 14:01
I had a ct scan last month on august 16th that was normal but I wasn't having this one sided head pain....

Hypo27
11-09-19, 14:16
Oh god I really think its a brain tumor :( should I go to the er and get a scan?

BlueIris
11-09-19, 14:20
No. Seriously. You're fine, you just have too much time on your hands and not enough fun things to do with it.

Hypo27
11-09-19, 14:25
No. Seriously. You're fine, you just have too much time on your hands and not enough fun things to do with it.

Idk these new one spot headaches really worry me along with the burning sensations in my head the off balance feeling when walking... I'm so scared...

BlueIris
11-09-19, 14:28
Just because you're afraid, it doesn't mean there's anything to be afraid of.

I'm feeling like death today, but all it really tells me is that it'll be great to get home tonight and put my feet up in front of the TV.

Fishmanpa
11-09-19, 14:29
Hypo, your history here and elsewhere is evident. You're obviously in a panic rabbit hole. Why don't you log off and find doing something else to do as opposed to sitting here waiting for reassurance that won't help would be the prudent thing to do.

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
11-09-19, 14:42
Hypo, your history here and elsewhere is evident. You're obviously in a panic rabbit hole. Why don't you log off and find doing something else to do as opposed to sitting here waiting for reassurance that won't help would be the prudent thing to do.

Positive thoughts

You've gotta admit though it sounds like it could be a brain tumor... Headache on one side, unsteady when walking, dizziness, cognitive difficulties it’s all classic signs..

BlueIris
11-09-19, 14:48
No, it sounds like a severe hypochondriac being delusional and twisting minor sensations into something much more dramatic.

It's a horrible thing to realise you have faulty thinking patterns, but the realisation can really help you recover.

Hypo27
11-09-19, 14:51
No, it sounds like a severe hypochondriac being delusional and twisting minor sensations into something much more dramatic.

It's a horrible thing to realise you have faulty thinking patterns, but the realisation can really help you recover.

I have a reason to be concerned though I’ve had tons of ct scans of my head that can cause brain cancer..

BlueIris
11-09-19, 14:53
You have to admit, though, the conditions you've sincerely believed you've had have severely outnumbered the ones you've actually had.

Hypo27
11-09-19, 15:01
You have to admit, though, the conditions you've sincerely believed you've had have severely outnumbered the ones you've actually had.

Yeah but this is legitimate. Considering all my symptoms and all the CT scans I’ve had

utrocket09
11-09-19, 15:01
I'm also worried I might really have a brain tumor... The past week I've had this pain on one spot of my head.. I've read that brain tumors cause pain on one side of the head. I've had a lot of ct scans of my head over the years so I'm definitely at risk you know? I've also been getting burning sensations in my head and seeing stuff in my vision from time to time which also are signs of brain cancer...

Unless you are having seizures, then stay home a do not go to the Dr or hospital. Thus is not an emergency. Head pain does not mean a tumor.

You also would need hundreds of CT scans to be at any risk.

Go find something to do.

Fishmanpa
11-09-19, 15:19
You've gotta admit though it sounds like it could be a brain tumor... Headache on one side, unsteady when walking, dizziness, cognitive difficulties it’s all classic signs..

I've come to expect that kind of response from you :shades: If indeed you believe this, why are you posting about it on an anxiety forum if not just to get reassurance?

Anyway... I'm sure you'll survive to post another day ;)

Positive thoughts

NotDeadYet
11-09-19, 15:59
Hypo27,

You are exactly right. Your symptoms are legitimate. You are legitimately experiencing real symptoms. What isn't legitimate is the story your are telling yourself about those symptoms. Ground yourself in reality for just a few seconds. First, take a deep breath. Second, recognize that you had a CT scan on August 16th and it was normal. I'm not a doctor but I really struggle to believe that a brain tumor could grow that quickly and that large in order to cause the symptom you are experiencing. Third, challenge your story and genuinely ask yourself if something else less sinister could cause one sided head pain. One very common alternative is a tension headache caused by anxiety. Statistically speaking, this is infinitely much more likely to be the cause than a brain tumor.

Again, I'm not a doctor and don't know what's going on with you however I think it would be very wise to take just a few moments to ground yourself in reality and recognize alternatives to what your telling yourself.

Best Wishes.

Carys
11-09-19, 16:20
Yeah but I’ve had these for over a month straight! They are only getting worse...

I will repeat - again - I HAVE HAD SKIPPED/ECTOPIC beats for.....derr derrr derrrrr.......

not a month.....

not a year.....

not 5 years....

....but, 27 years! Most days, on bad days every few minutes.

Hypo27
11-09-19, 16:54
Unless you are having seizures, then stay home a do not go to the Dr or hospital. Thus is not an emergency. Head pain does not mean a tumor.

You also would need hundreds of CT scans to be at any risk.

Go find something to do.

Its not just head pain though. I've having these burning sensations in my head my unsteadiness is getting worse and I just haven't been feeling right.. What else could be causing this maybe my chiari malformation?

NotDeadYet
11-09-19, 17:15
Hypo27

Please see my post. Ground yourself in reality and the multitude of other causes for your symptoms.

Best Wishes

Hypo27
11-09-19, 17:23
Hypo27

Please see my post. Ground yourself in reality and the multitude of other causes for your symptoms.

Best Wishes

Well chiari malformation could definitely cause all of this but I don't know what else could..

Hypo27
11-09-19, 17:26
The unsteadiness when walking, the dizziness, the headaches its just all seeming to be progressing so fast... I don't know what to do I'm scared.. I'm eventually not gonna be able to walk on my own because of the unsteadiness :(. Has anyone here heard of anyone with chiari?

Fishmanpa
11-09-19, 17:28
Well chiari malformation could definitely cause all of this but I don't know what else could..

I do! (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms) :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
11-09-19, 17:32
I do! (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms) :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Those are panic attack symptoms I'm definitely not having a panic attack...

Fishmanpa
11-09-19, 17:37
Those are panic attack symptoms I'm definitely not having a panic attack...

You definitely didn't read through that :lac: All your symptoms are there including the shortness of breath at the beginning of the thread. Can I ask why you're posting on an anxiety forum waiting on replies if you feel that bad?

Positive thoughts

NotDeadYet
11-09-19, 17:43

Why ask what else could? Fishmanpa provided you with an excellent and most likely factual alternative to a brain tumor. You also just said that chiari malformation could cause this. Why spend your time asking what else? What if it is actually one of these less sinister alternatives? Again, take a deep breath and ground yourself in reality.

Best Wishes.

Hypo27
11-09-19, 17:51
Why ask what else could? Fishmanpa provided you with an excellent and most likely factual alternative to a brain tumor. You also just said that chiari malformation could cause this. Why spend your time asking what else? What if it is actually one of these less sinister alternatives? Again, take a deep breath and ground yourself in reality.

Best Wishes.

It’s more than likely chiari but it’s not really less sinister. It can cause fluid to build up in my head from blockage of spinal fluid which I hope isn’t happening but idk what could cause a worsening of my symptoms :(

NotDeadYet
11-09-19, 17:53
Thank you for explaining that. I understand better. If you're truly worried then please make an appointment to see a medical professional. Only a medical professional can provide you with the answer to your question.

Best Wishes.

Hypo27
11-09-19, 18:01
I have an appointment in a couple weeks with my pcp but I think I need to go to the er.. My unsteadiness is really bad today my feet feel like they are disconnected from my brain :(

Hypo27
11-09-19, 18:05
I don't know if anyone here knows about chiari or anything but the surgery is a big deal. It terrifies me even thinking about it needing it done but I really might need it.. I see a neurosurgeon about October 15th but that's seems so far away this is getting bad fast..

Fishmanpa
11-09-19, 18:08
I don't know if anyone here knows about chiari or anything but the surgery is a big deal. It terrifies me even thinking about it needing it done but I really might need it.. I see a neurosurgeon about October 15th but that's seems so far away this is getting bad fast..

Can I ask why you're posting on an anxiety forum waiting on replies if you feel that bad?

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
11-09-19, 18:10
Positive thoughts

Your right I shouldn't be posting here..

Hypo27
11-09-19, 19:15
I guess I'm looking for support more than anything.. I'm so scared I'm not gonna be able to go to work and take care of my family because of the worsening symptoms you know? I just had 3 skipped beats in under a minute too that really worries me..

Hypo27
11-09-19, 19:17
Does that warrant an er trip it happening more frequent?

pulisa
11-09-19, 19:18
Your right I shouldn't be posting here..

You said it....

NotDeadYet
11-09-19, 19:47
Hypo27,

We can absolutely provide support but we cannot provide a medical diagnosis. I support you in your decision to go to the ER. I support you in your decision to go to a therapist. I support you in your decision not to go to the ER. Only you can make those decisions based upon how you feel and what you are experiencing.

Best Wishes.

utrocket09
11-09-19, 19:48
Does that warrant an er trip it happening more frequent?

No. do not waste the ER’s time and resources on this nonsense. Plenty of people have beats that skip

NotDeadYet
11-09-19, 20:01
I wholeheartedly agree with utrocket09 that this is not a medical emergency which is what the ER is for. I think you are just fine to wait until your next scheduled appointment.

Hypo27
11-09-19, 20:15
No. do not waste the ER’s time and resources on this nonsense. Plenty of people have beats that skip

Its not just the skipped beats I can barely walk due to the unsteadiness and dizziness...

BlueIris
11-09-19, 20:15
Anxiety can do this to you, though.

Hypo27
11-09-19, 20:16
I'm seriouisly at my breaking point I literally cant take it anymore and no one understands...

NotDeadYet
11-09-19, 20:24
I'm seriouisly at my breaking point I literally cant take it anymore and no one understands...

We perfectly understand the worry and anxiety portion because we have all been there. I understand that feeling of complete helplessness because you don't know what's going on with your body. It's a terrible feeling. Again, if you feel that you need medical attention then please go to the ER.

Best Wishes.

nomorepanic
11-09-19, 20:30
Bit unfair to say no-one understands after all the help you have received on here over the years.

Hypo27
11-09-19, 20:31
I think my brain stem could be compressed I read that it can happen in chiari.. It can cause the heart arrhythmia, dizziness, and unsteadiness..

Fishmanpa
11-09-19, 20:33
I think my brain stem could be compressed I read that it can happen in chiari.. It can cause the heart arrhythmia, dizziness, and unsteadiness..

Go to the doctor then! No one can help you here.

Positive thoughts

Hypo27
11-09-19, 21:07
Guess I’m going to the er I hope they can do something...

utrocket09
11-09-19, 21:12

Plenty of people have tried to help you...you just do not want to listen.

nomorepanic
11-09-19, 21:12
You are being overdramatic but good luck anyway

Hypo27
11-09-19, 21:38
You are being overdramatic but good luck anyway

If you only knew how bad I feel and what I’m going through you would understand....

Hypo27
11-09-19, 21:39
I do appreciate everyone’s responses thank you..

utrocket09
11-09-19, 21:42
If you only knew how bad I feel and what I’m going through you would understand....

Hypo, we know how you feel we have to live it everyday everytime you posts. Its the same overdramatic post

Carys
11-09-19, 21:44

Then, indeed go to the doctor if you think all the problems are from your diagnosed condition. If you have Chiari Malformation then I am surprised that nobody is monitoring you, some specialist/consultant or other as you have this condition. (oh, and I just looked up symptoms and don't see heart issues associated with it)

Hypo27
11-09-19, 21:45
Hypo, we know how you feel we have to live it everyday everytime you posts. Its the same overdramatic post

I assure you there’s nothing over dramatic about how I feel it’s that bad. Look up stories on people with Chiari Malformation maybe you’ll get an idea how bad it can affect someone.

Hypo27
11-09-19, 21:49
Then, indeed go to the doctor. If you have Chiari Malformation then I am surprised that nobody is monitoring you, some specialist/consultant or other as you have this condition.

I am seeing a neurosurgeon about it next month unfortunately doctors just aren’t aware how bad this condition can be. My pcp has never even heard of it when I told him I had it.. My malformation is about 6mm which they classify as mild chiari but from my research some people with small herniations suck as myself have severe symptoms. Just like a lot of people have severe herniations and have no symptoms at all it’s a very puzzling condition..

Carys
11-09-19, 21:50
Yes, I have read some things, and indeed this condition seems to be able to throw assorted physical issues at people, including emotional and psychological problems. So, contact your neuro consultant and go see them and tell them that you think it has got worse and list your symptoms. NO point in being on here talking to us is there really. They can then assess you correctly, decide what is HA and what is a real physical issue from your condition.

Hypo27
11-09-19, 21:50
The last time I saw the neurosurgeon in February he didn’t think it was quite bad enough for surgery but said If my symptoms got worse it may be an option..

Hypo27
11-09-19, 21:53
Yes, I have read some things, and indeed this condition seems to be able to throw assorted physical issues at people, including emotional and psychological problems. So, contact your consultant and go see them and tell them that you think it has got worse and your symptoms. NO point in being on here talking to us is there.

No I guess not I just feel so alone and hopeless I have no one to really talk to about it..

Carys
11-09-19, 21:57
There will be Chiari forums about in the US, do a search and find some, then you can chat to people who do understand the condition. There will also be Chiari facebook groups.

Hypo27
12-09-19, 00:01
They are wanting to do another cat scan of my head but I’m so scared I’m going to get brain cancer because I’ve had quite a bit of scans of my head already...

Hypo27
12-09-19, 00:16
I’ve had over a dozen....

Hypo27
12-09-19, 00:44
Should I tell them not to do the scan?

utrocket09
12-09-19, 00:45
I’ve had over a dozen....

So? plenty pf people have had even more than that and guess what!? no cancer

Hypo27
12-09-19, 00:48
I’ve had around 17 of my head plus some of my stomach and chest..

utrocket09
12-09-19, 01:08
I’ve had around 17 of my head plus some of my stomach and chest..

Again...so what!? Many people get xrays and ct’s all the time with no issues

Hypo27
12-09-19, 01:13
Again...so what!? Many people get xrays and ct’s all the time with no issues
Just talked to the er doc which was just a physician assistant said that he didn’t think I needed one real bad because I had one a month ago. He also said chiari wise wouldn’t show very much and to follow up with the neurosurgeon now I’m worried I should of just gotten the scan..

utrocket09
12-09-19, 01:42
Just talked to the er doc which was just a physician assistant said that he didn’t think I needed one real bad because I had one a month ago. He also said chiari wise wouldn’t show very much and to follow up with the neurosurgeon now I’m worried I should of just gotten the scan..

So you just wasted time and resources again on NOTHING. Physician assistant are doctors by the way. Obviously if you needed one badly, they would have sent you. Since you have chiari, it makes sense to follow up with a neuro specialist.

MyNameIsTerry
12-09-19, 02:05
If you think you need to follow up on a diagnosed condition then it is reasonable to ask the relevant doctor about it. If they listen to you and decide you don't need a more urgent appointment then that means a lot more than someone without a specialism in an ER who doesn't understand anywhere near as much about the condition or your case.

You have to ask yourself whether it is an emergency. There is never a point rushing to an ER thinking you have cancer (not considering brain tumours) because your doctor can get you seen just as quick and an ER isn't going to follow anything up because all they are interesting in is patching you & sending you home or referring you onto a ward where someone more relevant takes over a longer case.

Rushing to an ER is about seeking reassurance. Trying to end your panic. It might help in the short term but long term all you are doing is reinforcing your mental health issues. And I understand you have a genuine condition, and yes it may need a more relevant doctor to consider them, but you also have an anxiety disorder which you aren't trying to treat so are rushing from one bad thing to another when people with the same condition as you would be taking a very different approach.

Carys
12-09-19, 07:37
Yes, indeed, entirely agreed Terry. As I said earlier, contact your consultant responsible for the diagnosed condition, explain the symptoms and ask if you can see them earlier. Rushing to ER is an absolute waste of time.

Hypo27
14-09-19, 13:41
Has anyone had a headaches in one spot for a week and it not be a tumor? It’s like one small spot on my top left head....

Carys
14-09-19, 13:48
Has anyone had a headaches in one spot for a week and it not be a tumor?

You answer this one. You've had stacks of answers over the years to this question, and probably even on this thread. What do you think ?

BlueIris
14-09-19, 13:59
Has anyone had a headaches in one spot for a week and it not be a tumor? It’s like one small spot on my top left head....

This isn't a brain tumour forum.

Carys
14-09-19, 14:29
You'd think it was sometimes Blue :roflmao:

Anyhow, I've decided to give some more consideration to Hypo's question.

I discovered that YOU had such headaches that were not brain tumours, in Feb 2017 and Feb 2018. Look back !

Hypo27
14-09-19, 14:36
This isn't a brain tumour forum.

Its an anxiety forum though? Even if I have a brain tumor am I not allowed to post here?

Hypo27
14-09-19, 14:37
You'd think it was sometimes Blue :roflmao:

Anyhow, I've decided to give some more consideration to Hypo's question.

I discovered that YOU had such headaches that were not brain tumours, in Feb 2017 and Feb 2018. Look back !

Not one sided headaches in one spot..

Carys
14-09-19, 15:23
Its an anxiety forum though? Even if I have a brain tumor am I not allowed to post here?

Use some intelligence. If you ask -

....then to get a fair good sample of the general public, who have had a one sided headache that WAS a brain tumour then you'd need to be on a brain tumour forum as they are rare occurrences whereas headaches are common. If you ask on this anxiety forum, where probably EVERY SINGLE PERSON has had a headache at one time of other, and often one-sided, then I think its safe to answer that a vast majority have had a headache that has been one-sided and its NOT been a brain tumour. Are you really expecting that people will come forward on this anxiety forum and will say 'Oh yes, I had a one-sided headache for a week and it WAS a brain tumour'. Really ???

Seymour
14-09-19, 15:27
For what it’s worth I have suffered from daily headaches for two months a few years ago and no tumour.