PDA

View Full Version : I'm fearing the worst.....I feel helpless

BadCompany
13-05-19, 16:43
This all started one evening when I felt like someone stuck a finger into left side of my back below the ribs.....then a few seconds later it felt like a second finger was stuck into my back just about an inch below the first one.....later that night I had clear fluid coming out my backside.....the next morning the constant left side back pain started, which I have had since Thankgiving.....

Sometimes my back feels a liitle better after walking for at least 30 lminutes....

I made the mistake of Googling my symptoms and now I fear the worst.....the last 4 months have been torment for me....
I changed my diet lbut no difference.....

I went to GP and explained my symptoms......he said pancreas does not cause back pain.....he felt around my abdomen and said it was not tender.....I told him my research said otherwise......he stopped and looked at me and said that he was a doctor of 25 years and knew what he was talking about.......
So he gave me several xrays and a regular cbc blood work that came back normal.....with normal biliburine and liver numbers.....two years before I had slightly elevated liver ALT numbers
I have several weird symptoms on top of all this....

Please help me......I don't know if I can take much more.....hi

BlueIris
13-05-19, 16:46
Trust me, we don't have more knowledge than doctors, all we have is a bunch of unhelpful worst case scenarios.

Maybe try a different GP just to be on the safe side, but if your results have come back clear, chances are that there's a perfectly innocent explanation for this, or even no explanation at all.

BadCompany
13-05-19, 16:58
I never had a CT or us......
6 months later I'm to scared to go back to Dr. for fear of what I will find out......please guys help me alleviate my fears....
I feel lonely with what I'm going through......

Fishmanpa
13-05-19, 17:31
As was said, we're not doctors but one already told you there's nothing wrong. That's the best reassurance you can get. Something would have shown up with the tests they did and the fact that exercise alleviates the symptom leans toward a muscular/posture issue. Either accept that or pursue a diagnosis that will never come. Why not download the FREE CBT (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?211324-9-FREE-CBT-ebooks-for-Health-Anxiety) here and work through the modules.

Positive thoughts

BadCompany
13-05-19, 17:45
Fishmanpa the doctor never ordered a CT or US.....I just had xrays and a cbc blood work......the test I have don't disprove nothing really....

BadCompany
13-05-19, 19:03
Thanks for the replies and your time guys.....

The doctor only spent about 5 minutes with me and pretty much blew me off

I never asked the doctor (gp) straight out if I had pancreas c.........

I'm surprised I'm still here after 6 months of this.....

I have several other symptoms such as:

Pale colored stools that float sometimes

Head hair falling out

Dry skin all over body....Looks like a snowstorm when I rub anywhere on my body

Burning pain in both legs

Voice gets weak sometimes

BadCompany
14-05-19, 18:27
Would I still be alive today if I had pc for 6 months ?

BlueIris
14-05-19, 18:36
Untreated, I doubt you'd be doing much typing now.

BadCompany
15-05-19, 14:51
Thanks BlueIris.....
Anyone else have an opinion.....thanks

Fishmanpa
15-05-19, 15:25
Anyone else have an opinion.....thanks

I gave you mine but I'll reiterate. I'm a Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer survivor.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

I can assure you the testing you had is sufficient as even basic blood tests and x-rays can show anomalies that would warrant further investigation. If indeed, you had cancer, you wouldn't be here typing.

Your post also indicates a very well documented pattern of anxiety. The continued reassurance seeking is obvious. Stress does all sorts of negative things to our bodies including the issues you're experiencing (sans dry skin... just use some lotion!).

Pursue a diagnosis if you want but I believe treating the illness you do have would go a long way in treating the symptoms you're experiencing.

Positive thoughts

BadCompany
15-05-19, 16:22
Thanks Fishmanpa.....
The pain I have is directly behind the pancreas......
After 6 months of the constant left side back pain under rib and these other symptoms.....would I still be alive today ?

BlueIris
15-05-19, 16:24
How many times do people have to tell you?

BadCompany
15-05-19, 16:39
Sorry BlueIris.....
I keep having more symptoms.....
6 months of this left back is not normal and cause for alarm.....

BlueIris
15-05-19, 16:41
Maybe, maybe not, but there are any number of non-worst-case-scenario possibilities.

Fishmanpa
15-05-19, 17:20
After 6 months of the constant left side back pain under rib and these other symptoms.....would I still be alive today ?

You obviously are and you're posting on an anxiety forum so... :shrug:

Positive thoughts

BadCompany
16-05-19, 14:09
Sorry Fishmanpa... I meant if I had pc would I still be alive 6 months later ?
thanks

Fishmanpa
16-05-19, 14:25
Sorry Fishmanpa... I meant if I had pc would I still be alive 6 months later ?
thanks

You obviously are and you're posting on an anxiety forum so... :shrug:

Positive thoughts

BadCompany
21-05-19, 23:20
I don't know guys.....when I eat anything my left side back and stomach hurts, gurgles and makes a lot of weird noises......it causes my left back to burn and hurt.....this happens even when I'm distracted etc.....God help me....

BlueIris
22-05-19, 04:43
Maybe you should start helping yourself, by working on wrangling your anxiety.

BadCompany
23-05-19, 04:13
I worry now as my voice goes in and out...raspy and know hard to swallow food......I hope nothing us spreading.....

BlueIris
23-05-19, 04:48
Your anxiety is definitely spreading. Bodies do weird stuff. All bodies do weird stuff. The only difference is that us health anxiety people catalogue it as signs of our impending doom.

BadCompany
23-05-19, 15:56
I also have burning pain in both legs.....

Midnight-mouse
23-05-19, 16:20
I also have burning pain in both legs.....

You are in a spiral and completely hyper focusing on bodily sensations, try and ground yourself and calm your mind. Then think logically, you know the ways health anxiety makes you think, and feel, you know it’s tricks. Let the thoughts come and pass.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadCompany
23-05-19, 17:04
Midnight mouse if I have pc would I still be alive after 6 months ? I'm worried I'm getting diabetes as a symptom....also raspy voice(weak) and hard to swallow food etc.....
On top of all this I have a very very big fear of seeing doctor of finding the results......

Hope you read my start of this post for my symptoms etc...
Thanks

Midnight-mouse
23-05-19, 19:14
Midnight mouse if I have pc would I still be alive after 6 months ? I'm worried I'm getting diabetes as a symptom....also raspy voice(weak) and hard to swallow food etc.....
On top of all this I have a very very big fear of seeing doctor of finding the results......

Hope you read my start of this post for my symptoms etc...
Thanks

I’ve read the whole tread, I always do. I’m not a doctor nor do I spend time studying the progression of cancer. What I do know is that cancer does not mess around, when the body is really sick it’s really obvious, as in there’s no doubt that something is going on, I’ve unfortunately had the displeasure of watching it at work.

Now unfortunately when we’re talking about people with health anxiety (I was one for years) we find that the person hyper focuses on normal or faint sensations and becomes obsessive, convincing oneself that there is in fact something definitely wrong when there isn’t. I’ve done it myself.

You’ve been seen by a doctor, and they weren’t concerned, there are many reasons to be experiencing these sensations it does not need to be this terrifying. You can control how you respond to what you’re feeling.

BadCompany
28-05-19, 18:42
Now I'm getting night sweats and frequent urination after waking in the morning.....where is this leading ? I'm very scared and worried......

BadCompany
29-05-19, 16:06
Now I'm getting night sweats and frequent urination after waking in the morning.....where is this leading ? I'm very scared and worried......
Please help I do not know what's going on with me....

BlueIris
29-05-19, 16:09
What help can strangers on the internet give you?

If you want help wrangling your anxiety, or support in managing it, we're your people. We're not medics, though.

BadCompany
02-06-19, 17:49
I have anxiety, stress, worry, fear........
But unfortunately my symptoms are real and multiplying. ...
I'm scared and lonely.....I fear I will not be here much longer.....
I fear I will be first person on here to..........can't say it......

BlueIris
02-06-19, 17:56
Seriously, enough with the drama already? If you were about to keel over you wouldn't be able to post all those ellipses. If you're really panicked have a chat to a healthcare provider, but make sure to ask them for help with your anxiety when you do.

Fishmanpa
02-06-19, 18:03
Since you're in the US, there are mental health services (https://www.mentalhealth.gov/get-help/immediate-help) available in every state. There are also community services and groups in most areas. Its apparent you're really spiraling. Can't hurt to pick up the phone and speak to a crisis center.

positive thoughts

BadCompany
02-06-19, 23:18
I lost a lot of weight and now developing diabetes symptoms dry skin all over body.....very dry flakey feet......painful tingly legs.....painful burning front thigh muscle.....blurry vision.....

I lost 70 lbs. ....I shouldn't develop diabetes unless my pancreas is gone etc.....

Not drama but real symptoms......

Fishmanpa
02-06-19, 23:58
Jeez! What is with all the drama lately? :wacko:

Tell you what... If you truly believe this, then you need to go to a Certified Cancer Center (https://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/cancer) immediately. Have your doctor transfer all your records and make an appointment. I did that when I was diagnosed for a 2nd opinion and ended up going to Johns Hopkins for treatment. Let us know what they say.

Positive thoughts

BadCompany
03-06-19, 15:18
I don't know what to believe. ...I don't know if anxiety, stress for 6 months straight could cause all this. ......it would seem if it was pc that I would not be here or a lot worse.....I don't know.....
I come here for reassurance that it's not pc......

I'm just scared and worried and needing people to talk to going through this.....I'm not trying to offend anyone.....

I know there are a lot of people suffering in the world with pain deseases of the mind , body, and spirit.....
God bless us all......

Fishmanpa
03-06-19, 15:26
I don't know what to believe. ...I don't know if anxiety, stress for 6 months straight could cause all this. ......it would seem if it was pc that I would not be here or a lot worse.....I don't know.....
I come here for reassurance that it's not pc......

I'm just scared and worried and needing people to talk to going through this.....I'm not trying to offend anyone.....

I know there are a lot of people suffering in the world with pain deseases of the mind , body, and spirit.....
God bless us all......

You're not offending anyone but you're not talking about this. You're almost trying to convince yourself you have a serious illness and you're doing so on an anxiety forum so deep down you know its not cancer. Add to that clear results from a medical professional and scientific medical tests that would have shown any red flags. You don't need a CT or any other test as its not warranted. And as per normal HA protocol, reassurance doesn't work.

You do have HA and that is what needs attention and treatment. Why not speak to your GP about that or use the link I posted and get some help?

Positive thoughts

BlueIris
03-06-19, 15:34
BadCompany, can I be honest with you for a second? I know I seem harsh sometimes.

However, when people come to an anxiety forum convinced they have cancer and determined to only mentally explore the worst case scenario rather than viewing their problems through the frame of the anxiety disorder?

It's not offensive, however, it can be incredibly uncomfortable. When all the advice people offer from their own experience and the learning they've gained from making their own mistakes and this is brushed aside in favour of negativity? That can hurt. The majority of us here are speaking from the heart, and to have that barely acknowledged in favour of pure negativity is a difficult experience when we're trying to help you avoid damaging your life the way we have ours.

Hopefully this will make sense.

BadCompany
05-06-19, 15:26
Thanks guys for your time and help.....
I know I have anxiety and stress from all this symptoms, not the other way around....
I just don't know what to think or do here on out......it's hard to get my mind off from it when I'm always in pain.....
Me and my wife lost our insurance.....

BlueIris
05-06-19, 15:31
If you tried a little harder to get your mind off it, chances are the pain wouldn't be such an issue. Brooding on these things always makes them worse.

Scaredtoo
08-06-19, 20:58
This sounds like you are being way hyper focused. Let me tell you, I have had left side back pain for months. Near my left shoulder. I recently googled and that was just stupid of me. Since I googled, I have other symptoms and the disease I’m worried about is starting to invade my thoughts. I’m starting to get paranoid and starting to get upset about it. Even though the intelligent side of my brain tells me that multiple websites have told me what I’m experiencing is rarely a symptom of what I’m fearing, of course I run across the one website that says otherwise as well. If you look for something hard enough and hyper focus on it, it’s not going to be hard to psychologically manifest those symptoms or findings. In fact doing so will exacerbate them and make them worse most times. Don’t get me wrong, I do panic, but I will more than likely go to my doc and ask and see what he says. Being afraid is okay, not pleasant, but it happens. But either address it and get it checked out because at this point you are torturing yourself.

BadCompany
09-06-19, 11:49
Im very scared as I have several symptoms of diabetes and now I'm having night sweats for the past week......
I'm trying to fight through this but I keep on getting more REAL symptoms......please help

BlueIris
09-06-19, 13:37
I'm not sure what you want from us at this point?

Midnight-mouse
09-06-19, 14:44
Im very scared as I have several symptoms of diabetes and now I'm having night sweats for the past week......
I'm trying to fight through this but I keep on getting more REAL symptoms......please help

No one is saying that symptoms from stress (anxiety) on the body aren’t REAL.

Diabetes is simple to test for and easy to maintain, not really worth working yourself up about really.

Positive vibes,

Mouse.

BadCompany
09-06-19, 15:39
I'm just worried that it's pc and developing diabetes from my pancreas shutting down.....

Fishmanpa
09-06-19, 15:51
I'm just worried that it's pc and developing diabetes from my pancreas shutting down.....

I went to GP and explained my symptoms......he said pancreas does not cause back pain.....he felt around my abdomen and said it was not tender.....I told him my research said otherwise......he stopped and looked at me and said that he was a doctor of 25 years and knew what he was talking about.......So he gave me several xrays and a regular cbc blood work that came back normal.....with normal biliburine and liver numbers.....

As was stated earlier, what more can be said? We can't convince you otherwise. While I'm not a fan of paid reassurance, if you're that concerned seek a 2nd opinion. "Told Ya So Gang" will be on standby ;)

Positive thoughts

BadCompany
09-06-19, 17:07
Never had night sweats before... I've had them the past 4 nights....mainly in my armpits.. ....

BlueIris
09-06-19, 17:13
Yes, but what help can we offer you on an anxiety forum?

jj1995
09-06-19, 17:50
why does it have to be cancer? maybe at the worst diabetes? Can you not get your glucose levels checked if they're fine then i doubt you have p cancer as you need this to make glucose! Just a thought

jj1995
09-06-19, 17:55
also do you suffer from palpatations? i do and these can hurt sometimes as its an ectopic beat which make the heart thump then go back to normal. They are totally harmless but could be what you're feeling in terms of pain

BadCompany
09-06-19, 18:55
JJ1995.......
No palpations......
I've had left back pain just under rib for 6 months also.....I'm too afraid of going to the doctor.....with pc if you have symptoms it's too late anyways......I don't want to find out......holding out hope but symptoms keep increasing.....every symptom I'm getting is pc related......

BlueIris
09-06-19, 19:17
Why won't you answer my question? There are people here with a lot of experience of recovering from health anxiety - we have information and experience that can help you.

As far as I'm aware nobody here is a pancreatic cancer expert, though.

BadCompany
09-06-19, 20:17
I was hoping it was anxiety.....I keep getting more symptoms of pc........I' falling deeper into a dark hole.....I can't find my way out......I know all these symptoms are related.....
I know Fishmanpa and everyone else is trying to help....but as I said before simple x rays and a regular cbc blood work won't tell anything......there is no point of going back to doctors......I relize I'm in a deep rut.....and only God can help me....
I've seen other peopLe worried about pc with over 14 pages and no one got frustrated with them....if I make to Christmas I will be surprised and then maybe think it's only diabetes....
If I did have diabetes it would be type 2......but with type 2.....if you lose a bunch of weight like me you would get rid of it.....so I know it's not type 2 so that means diabetes 1 which means my pancreas quit making insulin......so that leads me to the worst thing......:weep:

Fishmanpa
09-06-19, 20:20
if I make to Christmas I will be surprised and then maybe think it's only diabetes....

Bet a Franklin on it? ;)

Positive thoughts

KK77
09-06-19, 20:28
Bet a Franklin on it? ;)

Positive thoughts
And I'll bet a whole Trump ;)

BadCompany
09-06-19, 20:30
Fishmanpa do you understand my reason for not seeing a doctor again ? When you have symptoms of pc it is too late and nothing they can really do.....
What is causing these sudden night sweats for the last week..along with my other symptoms..? My armpits are like a faucet at night....

BlueIris
09-06-19, 20:35
I'm sorry, but you repeatedly telling us you have pancreatic cancer isn't anything we can do anything about. If you actually had it, then I'd have all the sympathy in the world for you.

Health anxiety, though? That's something you can learn to manage for yourself. I know, because I've been there and (mostly) come out the other side. I thought I had all manner of cancers; being totally honest I did have one, but it was very minor and the symptoms were still impossible to ignore.

You don't have to live your life in fear, but if you want to feel better you do have to acknowledge that you might not currently be thinking or behaving totally rationally.

Fishmanpa
09-06-19, 20:44
Fishmanpa do you understand my reason for not seeing a doctor again ? When you have symptoms of pc it is too late and nothing they can really do.....
What is causing these sudden night sweats for the last week..along with my other symptoms..? My armpits are like a faucet at night....

I'm a Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer survivor. I had night sweats. Imagine waking up and you're soaked from head to toe to the point you can wring out the bed sheets. That's what night sweats are. I had pain during and after my treatment. I had my neck cut open from my ear to my adam's apple. The radiation turned my throat into mush and I was tube fed for over a month afterwards. Thankfully I had meds to help and I would have given my left nut for relief it was that bad.

No, I don't understand why you wouldn't see a doctor at all. If you were Stage IV you would be in total agony! At the very least, you could be comfortable and pain free when you pass from this imaginary illness.

I truly recommend getting real life professional help for the illness you do have. It's causing as much mental pain as any real physical illness can do to you :(

Positive thoughts

KK77
09-06-19, 20:49
I agree with all the above. You would have crippling symptoms - not just night sweats which can have myriad causes. It really is time to address the real illness because that is the elephant in the room you are failing to see :lac:

BadCompany
09-06-19, 22:25
I have talked to a therapist twice.....I know for at least three months I was only eating about 500 to 700 calories per day....and low fat......I was trying to gI've my pancreas a break......

jj1995
09-06-19, 22:40
Can you have a scan on your Pancreas? I would go for it! You're thinking of the worse so it can only get better after the scan or it will stay the same if the results are positive which you think they are anyway.
If you're too anxious to do this take a propranolol to help calm you down.

jj1995
09-06-19, 22:43
I just think get the scan! You may waste many healthy years of your life worrying about ilnesses until you finally have one then you will regret worrying so much.

BadCompany
09-06-19, 23:16
JJ1995 I had a CT scan of my abdomen back in Feb. 2017 and it was clear.....as I was having blood clots in my urine....
So this would have showed up within 2 years of last ct scan.....
When I had the CT scan my liver ALT was slightly elevated at that time....

BlueIris
10-06-19, 04:46
Why post on an anxiety forum if you have pancreatic cancer?

BadCompany
10-06-19, 14:57
I guess your right BlueIris I guess I will leave you guys alone.....goodbye....

BetterDaysAhead
10-06-19, 17:27
I'm new to this forum, but have been reading here for years. Wanted to shed some light on a situation I had that was similar.

I had left side pain below rib cage and back for about 1 year. Thought I had PC for sure. I was like 100% sure in my mind. The pain was there, but my mind made it all worse. I wasted a year of my life worrying about this pain. Ruined a relationship, wasted beautiful vacation locations thinking about the pain. Literally was going over my death in my head over and over again. They ruled it IBS, and in my mind I was like "the typical response when they dont know what it is". Then I thought colon cancer, then stomach cancer, then lung cancer.

Took about a total of 6 full panel blood tests over that year. Zero abnormal results. Zero. Still in my head they were missing something. They took a basic x-ray, chest and stomach. Nothing. Still I said those x-rays miss things. So they offered a sigmoidscopy (camera up my bum, without being put to sleep....) (DR doubted any cancers, but said checking my colon is preventative health measure, so they agreed). Found nothing. Clean. I persisted, finally they agreed to a full contrast CT scan on my midsection, even though they were reluctant to expose me to that radiation. But the Doc finally agreed and said well you are 33 so I guess the exposure isn't so bad. Guess what... found nothing. Magically the symptoms completely disappeared a few months after.

I don't know if that helped you, but hopefully it shows you that people get crazy pains sometimes, and they last but it doesn't always mean death. And it is crazy for me to write this to you, as right now I am experiencing headaches, 3 weeks straight. Obviously, I have a brain tumor now. I obsessively scour the internet, sometimes over 2 hours a day. Checking my symptoms, looking for someone to say they had my pains and it was a tumor. So trust me, I am JUST like you.

Stay above it and live your life. Remember there are millions of diseases and problems that are serious and cause pain but don't kill you. That's what I am trying to understand and learn.

BadCompany
10-06-19, 18:00
Thanks BetterDaysAhead it means a lot. ....
I also thank all of the people who take their time to reply.....
The problem with me is a keep on getting more symptoms. .....I look up the symptom and bam it's another symptom of pc....

I wonder if this awful constant stress, worry is causing my these diabetic symptoms.....not sure.......everthing seems to point to the pancreas.......that's what worries me......
I'm constantly thinking of who my wife is going to marry when I'm gone, and where I will be buried etc.....

BetterDaysAhead
10-06-19, 18:14
I know exactly how you feel, I was worried about the pancreas too. At one point I thought my eyes yellowed... funny story... I was in BRAZIL on a FREE TRIP from work. 1 month in Brazil, experience of a lifetime to see a new place, culture etc. And guess what? I spent the entire time emailing my doctor about my pain, checking my eyes every damn day, checking everything. It was sickening. Then I started getting bowel issues etc. I wasted that trip man. Wasted. I even sent the Dr pictures of my eyes while on the trip. My DR responded "You are in Brazil, enjoy it, your eyes are fine" Don't do what I did. Get some tests done, and move past it. Yes, people get PC. Yes they do. But the chances are extremely small. And in your case, by now you would be extremely ill. Beyond the symptoms. But you should get checked out, because it could be a non-life threatening issue with your gull bladder! Happens all the time. Sometimes the ducts get blocked and cause bowel issues, floaters, pains etc. They can remove the blockage and fix the problem.

The problem is that yes maybe your symptoms are listed under PC, but you have to remember your symptoms are listed under about 50 other things. And at your stage, with the time you have been experiencing this, there is no way you would be in any good shape right now. I learned that, after 8 months my DR said, "if you have PC, then things would be really really bad right now 8 months later." Sure there are some cases that are outliers but now you are talking about exponential rarities, and if you believe in that, then go play the lottery :)

Midnight-mouse
10-06-19, 18:57
I wonder if this awful constant stress, worry is causing my these diabetic symptoms.....not sure.......everthing seems to point to the pancreas.......that's what worries me......
I'm constantly thinking of who my wife is going to marry when I'm gone, and where I will be buried etc.....

Thoughts like that although natural when in an heightened emotional state are only solidifying the cycle of worry and panic that you're in, during my years with health anxiety (now completely kicked to the curb) I can't even list the amount of 'symptoms' I had, or the amount of times I told my other half that 'It's different this time' or 'I'm only anxious because of the symptoms' every single time I was completely and utterly wrong. Try and ground yourself and think logically for a moment, If you were seriously ill there would be no question about it whatsoever, these things don't leave a person wondering if they need to see a doctor. You have been dealing with this for a long time now, long enough to safely say that you would be in no way other than certain if you were actually physically ill in the ways you are fearing. No 'yeah but' or 'what ifs' think through calmly and objectively.

The effect that this sort of stress has on the body is honestly unbelievable at times, stop looking up symptoms.. honestly if I had read that an itchy elbow was a sign of something that I was scared of you can be darn sure that elbow wouldn't stop itching! most things can be linked to conditions that they aren't necessarily directly related to because of the way that reporting is done for these things.

Positive Vibes,

Mouse.

BadCompany
10-06-19, 19:05
Thanks again....
You said your doctor told you after 8 months you would be really really bad......in what way (symptoms ) ?

But why is it that I'm getting more diabetic symptoms
Blurry vision
Burning pain in both legs that keeps me from sleeping
Frequent urination after I wake around 6:00 am
Night sweats for the past week....
What could cayse sudden diabetes
My fasting glucose was 99. 6 months ago....barely in normal range.....

BetterDaysAhead
10-06-19, 19:49
Are you on any medications?

My values were 97 and 92 last two times checked fasted glucose.

What was the reason for the blood in your urine? I had kidney stones years years ago. But also, I currently have an un-obstructive stone in my left kidney.

BadCompany
10-06-19, 19:56
No medications..........
NetterDaysAhead you said your doctor said after 8 months you would be really really bad.....as in what ways ?

Fishmanpa
10-06-19, 20:08
I went to GP and explained my symptoms......he said pancreas does not cause back pain.....he felt around my abdomen and said it was not tender.....I told him my research said otherwise......he stopped and looked at me and said that he was a doctor of 25 years and knew what he was talking about....... So he gave me several xrays and a regular cbc blood work that came back normal.....with normal biliburine and liver numbers.....

Positive thoughts

BetterDaysAhead
10-06-19, 20:09
He said I would be hospitalized by then unable to function without extreme symptoms. And most likely, I would turn yellow.

BadCompany
10-06-19, 20:34
.....did you mean "with" extreme symotoms ?

BetterDaysAhead
10-06-19, 20:43
That was written poorly, but yes that is what I meant. Did you have a CT of your mid section?

BadCompany
10-06-19, 21:02
No as iam too scared that I will find out the worst......
I had a CT scan 2 years ago that was clear......

BetterDaysAhead
10-06-19, 21:47
Just do it, knock it out. It will be clear and you will be able to move on. I have the same problem, the test itself scares me as I expect the worse. This means we both suffer from extreme health anxiety.

BadCompany
10-06-19, 22:42
I can't do it......with the night sweats , non-stop burning leg pain, and left side back pain......I'm in non-stop pain......

utrocket09
10-06-19, 23:21
Do you if you actually had cancer you would be posting online? My friend had a client whom had PC. You could tell they were sick. I lost my aunt in February from cancer...again you can tell she was extremely ill.

BadCompany
11-06-19, 00:29
The problem is I don't know.....but i seem to be getting more symptoms as time goes on......

utrocket09
11-06-19, 01:17
The problem is I don't know.....but i seem to be getting more symptoms as time goes on......

The fact is deep down you do know, and do not want to admit it yourself, that you have a mental illness not a physical one.

BadCompany
11-06-19, 03:15
No I really don't know......that's why iam to afraid of going to the doctor......Talking to you guys and having you guys respond calms me down somewhat.......if im alive at Christmas then I will not worry as much.....

BlueIris
11-06-19, 04:31
Why don't you go to the doctor and ask for help with your anxiety instead?

It seems clear from here that you're too far gone to listen to reason, but getting the anxiety under control might help you get everything in perspective and make smarter choices. I could be wrong, but from here it seems as though you've wrapped your whole life up in this imaginary diagnosis, in the absence of any concrete evidence. Cancer or no (and it's definitely no), wouldn't it feel great to not be afraid?

Midnight-mouse
11-06-19, 05:17
Why don't you go to the doctor and ask for help with your anxiety instead?

Cancer or no (and it's definitely no), wouldn't it feel great to not be afraid?

^ this, you don’t want to give this another six months of your life do you? I regret every single day that my mental illnesses took from me.

BadCompany
11-06-19, 15:16
The burning pain in my left front thigh sometimes hurts so bad that I cannot walk on it.....

BlueIris
11-06-19, 15:18
How can we help with this?

BadCompany
11-06-19, 22:00
BetterDaysAhead what were all your symptoms ?
Can you describe you back pain.....?

My back pain is a dull burning pain in one spot just below left
rib and feels like something is swollen inside.....

Fishmanpa
11-06-19, 22:27
How can we help with this?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Positive thoughts

BadCompany
30-06-19, 22:33
Pain and floating yellow stools back today......very scared....

lofwyr
01-07-19, 05:22
No I really don't know......that's why iam to afraid of going to the doctor......Talking to you guys and having you guys respond calms me down somewhat.......if im alive at Christmas then I will not worry as much.....
The problem is, this will be replaced by something else. That thing will then be replaced by something else. There are always "symptoms" either real or psychosomatic. There is always *something* that comes along.

The underlying anxiety *has* to be dealt with, or this simply doesn't get better. I honestly don't know anyone who put anxiety behind them without a lot of hard work.

BadCompany
01-07-19, 20:46
I'm very worried......the pain has been non-stop....
I'm wondering if I will be around Christmas time.....

BlueIris
01-07-19, 21:02
Why are you posting here when you ignore every response people give?

What sort of help do you want?

BadCompany
01-07-19, 21:35
I have been under severe stress and anxiety for 7 months straigh from the pain and several symptoms etc.....

Fishmanpa
01-07-19, 21:57
I have been under severe stress and anxiety for 7 months straigh from the pain and several symptoms etc.....

I went to GP and explained my symptoms......he said pancreas does not cause back pain.....he felt around my abdomen and said it was not tender.....I told him my research said otherwise......he stopped and looked at me and said that he was a doctor of 25 years and knew what he was talking about....... So he gave me several xrays and a regular cbc blood work that came back normal.....with normal biliburine and liver numbers.....

Positive thoughts

BadCompany
01-07-19, 22:06
Pancreas does cause back pain.....
Just need to talk.......I don't know what to do......this is no life.....

Fishmanpa
01-07-19, 22:24
Just need to talk.......I don't know what to do......this is no life.....

Real. Life. Professional. Help! (https://www.mentalhealth.gov/get-help)

Positive thoughts

BadCompany
02-07-19, 13:48

BlueIris
02-07-19, 14:05
You've repeated this multiple times.

The stress and anxiety merit treatment in and of themselves, though.

lofwyr
02-07-19, 16:54
Your posts have the same manic tone darkside's posts do. I hope you both find the presence of mind to get the help you need with the mental portion of this illness.

BadCompany
12-08-19, 23:31
Guys I keep on getting worse......I cannot read my phone as my vision is getting more and more blurry......

I now have drenching night sweats.....

Im getting hot and cold

When I go #2 it's liquid.....then I go every 2 to 3 days

I cannot exercise or run as my right thigh burns non-stop....

I'm very scared where this is leading........

BlueIris
13-08-19, 05:23
Are you getting help for your anxiety?

BadCompany
13-08-19, 14:44
Yes but it's once every one to two months.....
I try to get my mind off of it but I keep on getting new symptoms and they are getting worse.....

Dying_Swan
13-08-19, 16:07
Have you been back to your doctor? No-one here is able to give you medical advice. What help are you getting with your anxiety?

BadCompany
14-08-19, 20:11
It's seems I lost one belt loop in pant size over night....

BlueIris
14-08-19, 20:13
We cannot help you. Only you can help you.

BadCompany
14-08-19, 23:49
I keep you guys informed on my journey
I've not had a solid bowel movement in a week......

nomorepanic
14-08-19, 23:51
You need to get that sorted then cos that is not good for you at all.

BadCompany
18-08-19, 23:03
I'm too scared to go to the doctor again.....I fear the worst......if it's the worst there is nothin they can do for me anyway.....
This left side back pain under rib is really bringing me down......this has been going 8 months.....
I know you guys aren't doctors but just need people's opinions or someone to talk too.....
I'm lonely and scared.....

nomorepanic
18-08-19, 23:10
You do need to see a doctor and get checked out.

BadCompany
30-08-19, 01:47
I'm fearing for my life......no one can help me because I cannot help myself as I have a dreadful fear of seeing a doctor and getting scans and getting bad news...I can't handle that in my state......I know you guys have given it your best and I thank you.....

I just keep getting more symptoms......now I cannot eat anything without my stomach gurgling on the left side and then eventually having loose stools.....

I also worry that I might have skin xxxxxxxx that has spread causing all of my symptoms that I have mentioned in my past posts.....

I literally spend every second of my life worrying that I may not have much longer......I feel very lonely in this battle.....God bless us all.....

lofwyr
30-08-19, 01:58
Have you seen or met anyone to talk about the anxiety?

BlueIris
30-08-19, 04:40
Sorry you're feeling lonely, Bad company, but Iofwyr makes a very valid point.

We want to help; please answer our questions and engage with us? There's a lot of people here who've been in your position - I certainly have - but it's hard to start feeling better until you accept that anxiety might be influencing how you're feeling.

BadCompany
30-08-19, 04:54
I have spoken to a counsler (forgot her actual title) a couple of times.....I really don't see how it helps though....I have a trouble trusting people.....

BlueIris
30-08-19, 05:11
Then that may be something you need to work on. I know it's tough when it feels as though your whole life is nothing but terror, but it won't get any easier unless you take some sort of action.

The first step is the hardest, but you can do it if you try.

BadCompany
30-08-19, 05:56
My problem is I don't think this is anxiety related......I know that anxiety can make symptoms worse though......

BlueIris
30-08-19, 06:14
It can; I've been there so many times in the past.

Another thing to bear in mind is that getting help with the anxiety might make it easier for you to seek medical help for your other issues.

Elen
30-08-19, 08:25
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

BadCompany
21-12-19, 15:51
Well I gained some weight back but still suffering from all the same symptoms and fears.....
Now I'm losing weight quick without trying to.....
I'm very worried.....

utrocket09
21-12-19, 19:45
Well I gained some weight back but still suffering from all the same symptoms and fears.....
Now I'm losing weight quick without trying to.....
I'm very worried.....

Well with all that worrying you have doing for months over nothing. Makes sense that you have lost weight.

So a few months ago you said you would be surprised if you were here at Christmas...well it's a few days till Christmas, and look you are still here.

Guess what....means there is nothing seriously wrong with you.

Fishmanpa
21-12-19, 19:58
Well with all that worrying you have doing for months over nothing. Makes sense that you have lost weight.

So a few months ago you said you would be surprised if you were here at Christmas...well it's a few days till Christmas, and look you are still here.

Guess what....means there is nothing seriously wrong with you.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT0xevixD0l9UnUdGM/giphy.gif

;)

Positive thoughts and Merry Christmas :)

BadCompany
21-12-19, 23:39
I've been living with the pain most of this past year....I increased my calories and I gained some weight back....I'm eating a bunch but now losing weight it seems pretty fast...
I'm worried I've had chronic pancreatitus that maybe has turned sinister. ....

BadCompany
22-12-19, 11:46
A couple of days ago I was thinking we'll at least I don't have night sweats......so low and behold I just woke up very sweaty......

WiseMonkey
22-12-19, 19:44
A couple of days ago I was thinking we'll at least I don't have night sweats......so low and behold I just woke up very sweaty......

Anxiety can cause night sweats, I've had them myself in the past.

BadCompany
24-12-19, 15:51
On top of everything else I have a cold that won't go away.....

BadCompany
24-12-19, 15:53
Everything feels different.....someting is not right....

utrocket09
24-12-19, 17:05
Everything feels different.....someting is not right....

Oh come on there is not a damn thing wrong with you. It is the day before Christmas here in the US. Go and enjoy your time with family.

BadCompany
28-12-19, 03:00
I wish that was the case.....I've been in pain for over a year....and I may have been diabetic for a while now as well....

utrocket09
28-12-19, 10:32
I wish that was the case.....I've been in pain for over a year....and I may have been diabetic for a while now as well....

Ok...so if you think you are a diabetic, then go and get tested for it. Diabetes can be manageable. And, if you were really that bad off, you would not be posting on an anxiety forum.

BadCompany
28-12-19, 22:43
I'm not worried about diabetes. .....but what's causing it with the chronic left side back pain below rib.....

nomorepanic
28-12-19, 22:44
so why aren't you getting tested for it?

utrocket09
29-12-19, 01:12
I'm not worried about diabetes. .....but what's causing it with the chronic left side back pain below rib.....

You know poor posture can cause pain below the ribs right ?

BadCompany
29-12-19, 21:18
It's not muscular for sure.....
It feels like something is swollen inside wit a slight burn....
Sometimes I get I sharp pain to the left of my belly button....but mainly in my left back just under rib....

BlueIris
29-12-19, 21:44
Okay, really cheeky question here, but why all the ellipses? Going to sound like a jerk here and I'm sorry, but our state of mind can influence the way we use language and, crucially, vice versa.

All this tailing off mid-sentence suggests uncertainty or helplessness. Maybe try finishing your sentences, and your thoughts? You might find you come to some helpful/reassuring conclusions.

BadCompany
13-05-22, 02:38
God help me....I'm back with the left side back pain just under rib....
This all started 1 day ago after having a burning stomach and burning right side pain near right shoulder blade.....
I'm at a loss for words

SteveReutov
28-02-23, 01:09
updates?

Pkstracy
28-02-23, 03:54
mods I think we have a spammer