PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel that everyone's against you because of your anxiety?

Rosanna
30-08-19, 03:44
I just wondered if anyone else feel's this, the feeling that people don't understand you and don't understand why you may choose not to do certain things,
or have anxieties about things you have to do.

I don't think I have the best friends. they were close once, close enough to be more understanding than they're being now. I'm not looking for attention, but I'm
getting nothing, not even a phone call. If they spoke to me they'd know why things are difficult and we could find ways around the problems so I could be more company to them. It wouldn't take much on their part, just a call really, like friends usually do.

Carnation
30-08-19, 09:57
Unfortunately all the time Rosanna :hugs:

BlueIris
30-08-19, 10:01
I'm sorry, it sounds as though your friends are very insensitive.

I'm careful about who I surround myself with these days - I'm more honest with certain work colleagues than others, and I'm very picky about my friends.

At least cats don't judge :)

jojo2316
30-08-19, 10:25
I’m sorry you are going through this. It does sound like your friendships are not the best. Like BI, I’m quite careful about who I develop proper close friendships with. And those people who I do become close to would not be like this. They are understanding and supportive of me as I hope I am of them.

Tyke
31-08-19, 01:59
I do think people struggle to understand anxiety if they haven't experienced it themselves. It doesn't mean they can't still be friends. Many relationships offer different positives and negatives and you never get all your support in life from one person unless you're extremely lucky (and even then that's very risky!). I have a mixture of 'anxiety' friends and others who know little about that side of me, but I can still enjoy their company if we have other things in common.