PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety really make me this tired?

Bootles
30-08-19, 19:34
How common is it to be super tired of listless with anxiety/depression ?

I'm starting to slowly try and get better....I'm eating more solid food but still not more than 1000 -1200 calories. I'm spending less time in bed chilling in the day.I've started to change my sleep pattern to normal but often wake up in the middle of the night. My high anxiety has lasted over a month so far.

I'm just really bothered I get tired by around 6pm and I've not moved much in the day. I'm also a bit windy in places.I've just started mild antibiotics for a mild staph infection in my er...lady parts.

It's just weird I feel more tired now than when I was in full blown anxiety/depression. Bit worried I've damaged my immune system or there really is something going on.

pav1984
30-08-19, 19:45
I would say so. If you think about it, when you are anxious you are tense, probably fidget a lot. This will burn energy. It is tiring being anxious. If your anxious your sleep might not be the best even though you are tired. Top of that you are only eating 1000-1200 calaries a day.

Why are you on such a restricted diet?

pav1984
30-08-19, 19:46
For what it is worth when i am depressed i sleep more. I think it is an escape but cant be sure.

Bootles
30-08-19, 20:02
A mix of being scared to go to the loo ( that is going slowly) and lack of appetite. I was on a more liquidy diet a few weeks ago.

I'm quite achey too.