PDA

View Full Version : Worried about hairloss

anxious_thoughts
31-08-19, 02:34
Hello everyone,

I have noticed that for the last 8-9 years my hair has been getting thinner. But it worries me because lately it feels like any time I put my hand through my hair 2-4 strands come out. Especially after I have it in a ponytail.

I work with kids and I used to always put my hair in a high bun. Now it seems like where the bun used to sit there is less hair on that area of my scalp. This terrifies me. Since I noticed that I stopped wearing my hair like that and only do low loose buns.

My hair has always been thinner but lately it just feels like it’s been falling out a lot more. It’s very noticeable after I shower. I don’t know how I’m not bald yet. I’m only 26 too.

I’m on Alesse birth control and have been for al let a year. Could it be related to birth control?

roseanxiety
02-09-19, 00:35
Well 2-4 strands is not a lot to lose. Everyone loses 100 strands a day. But , yes, hormonal medication can cause hair loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ErinKC
02-09-19, 01:12
A friend of mine went through this. I don't think they ever confirmed a solid cause, but she did happen to have pretty bad anxiety at the time that was not diagnosed or treated. She eventually started seeing a therapist and went on meds, and I think it eventually stopped.