PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel like this?

cry
31-08-19, 15:10
Hi everyone,

I suffered quite badly from health anxiety just over three years ago, since then it’s been manageable but I’ve been having a bad time with it the past few weeks after stomach issues which have brought all those worries back.

I’m 27, and convinced that I just know I’m going to get cancer or something and die early. Does anyone else feel like this? I know it’s impossible to know, but I just feel like deep down I know this will happen. Even as I type this I know it’s silly, but just wondered if anyone else gets convinced by things like this? This part of my HA then brings on depression because it makes me think what’s the point and I find it hard to enjoy anything.

And - just to add - I don’t have anything to base this one. My Nan is 95 years old and has actually been told by doctors she’s remarkable for her age. My other nan died young from an accident, but was diagnosed with breast cancer in her late forties.

BlueIris
31-08-19, 15:16
Magical thinking, nothing more. You're going to be absolutely fine.

Fishmanpa
31-08-19, 15:21
I’m 27, and convinced that I just know I’m going to get cancer or something and die early. Does anyone else feel like this?

Just about everyone here ;)

Positive thoughts

Scass
31-08-19, 16:45
Hello!
Yes, that feeling of dread is a big symptom of anxiety.
So many of us live by “what if .... happens” instead of being in the present. It’s a really hard habit to shake.

BrokenGirl
01-09-19, 02:48
Completely agree with all of the other replies. So many people on here, including myself, feel or have felt exactly what you describe. For me it comes and goes. When you do feel like that, just tell yourself that it's only a thought and it will pass, sometimes more quickly than others. Easier said than done I know, but you're definitely not alone on this one.

carriewriting
10-09-19, 11:48
You are not alone. I think most people here feel like they are a ticking health bomb. That's the anxiety talking. All you can do is keep reminding yourself that it's just a thought - a scary one, but just a thought. Hugs.