PDA

View Full Version : What came first?

Keep going
21-09-07, 14:24
Anxiety, which gave depression or depression that gave anxiety. This question comes from a course i was on. To be honest i ain't got a clue:wacko:. Do you know??

Stuart:huh:

Panic1971
21-09-07, 14:43
Hi Stuart

I think everybody is different.

My personal experience is that the anxiety came first which made me depressed, but I am sure that there are others on here that it is the other way round.

Maybe I am wrong though:shrug:

Tom_M
21-09-07, 14:53
It depends on the level and duration of the anxiety. It's quite normal for someone who is normally happy to experience anxiety. Take going to the dentist for example. Unless you are a bit of a masochist, then you are going to feel some anxiety. Depression and anxiety are that closely linked and it's sometimes hard to figure out which came first. I like to think that your feeling of wellbeing is what indicates if your depressed or not. Anything that threatens your feeling of wellbeing is going to cause some depression, so feeling contentiously anxious will cause you to feel depressed. On the other hand, feeling depressed can make you feel less secure and cause you to be anxious. What ever came first, you really need to sort out what as lowered your feeling of wellbeing to be able to sort out the anxiety problem. We feel the way we think!

Dave777
21-09-07, 14:56
Hi, they arrive hand in hand together on your doorstep, unwanted visitors:blush:

Dave

samc100
21-09-07, 15:00
Mine was anxiety.

I realise now the anxiety has been there breeding and getting stronger since I was a child.

I was lucky that the depression that followed has been quite mild ( though has days when it didn't feel at all mild!).

nanny
21-09-07, 15:02
Mine was anxiety, i always feel thats stronger than the depression:mad:

groovygranny
21-09-07, 15:14
Hi Stu,

Hm, the shadowy twins - they can work together or alone and very often take it in turns to molest you.

But one thing is certain - they can both be beaten.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

margaret911
21-09-07, 21:17
My anxiety comes first then it is followed by depression.

nomorepanic
21-09-07, 21:47
Anxiety first then depression