PDA

View Full Version : Chest and upper back pain?!

PiaR
01-09-19, 10:19
Hi guys...
I have a quick question...feeling quite frustrated atm. Does anyone else experience some chest discomfort and upper back pain? It’s stressing me out so much!

It comes and goes and tends to get worse in the evenings. I’m wondering if maybe acid reflux could cause it? I tend to cough a lot after eating too.

More concerned because of my ectopic beats - so worried it’s my heart or my lungs! :(

Any one else experience chest pain that comes and goes? Radiates from side to side and pain in the upper back?? Between the shoulder blades?

ankietyjoe
01-09-19, 18:13
Reflux can cause this AND ectopic beats. The pain is caused by irritation and can radiate all over, and the heart rate can be affected by your vagus nerve being irritated.

jk7704
01-09-19, 21:36
Yes, when I was at my most anxious I had a horrible pain in between my shoulder bladed that used to radiate around my side(s) underneath my ribs. This obviously then exacerbated my anxiety as I was certain it was something sinister. I was actually diagnosed with hyperventilation which changed my breathing pattern and I think caused these pains.

Jayne x

PiaR
02-09-19, 18:17
Thank you so much both! Really appreciate it!

Didn’t know that acid reflux could affect this.

The pain, feels like wind but in the chest. It’s so annoying. It sometimes causes shortness of breath but I can’t tell if it’s my anxiety making me overthink. There’s a constant dull ache in my chest. So frustrating!

Obviously being the anxious idiot I am - my mind always keeps going to very dark places... heart issues, lung cancer, lymphoma in the chest??? Argh! 😫😫
I guess what worries me more is that I’m less anxious then I was a few weeks ago and I’m still getting symptoms. So now I’m worrying that it’s not my anxiety but something is actually wrong.