PDA

View Full Version : Pelvic pain causing my current panic

whome
01-09-19, 19:18
I am relatively new here so I apologize if my post is in the wrong place. My current panic is being caused by pelvic pain that began about one month ago. I have had 2 episodes of painless bleeding after sex (TMI-sorry!) but it was after more vigorous sex than normal and it stopped almost immediately. I started having a dull aching in my pelvis in my uterine area spreading up to both ovaries. Sometimes I have sharp stabbing pains deep inside and also pain in the rectum (sharp stabbing pains there as well). Sometimes it’s a gnawing throbbing pain as well. It’s so strange. The pain seems to be worse after sitting for long periods of time. My period has been only maybe one day longer than usual but other than that, pretty normal. I am so scared that it’s the C word. I avoid going to the doctor out of fear of what they will tell Me but I do have an apt with the gynecologist in about 5 days. I have replied to posts on here to people who are currently having health anxiety over things I have fretted about in the past and have moved past and I wanted to weigh in to hopefully help them so I feel terrible posting my own anxiety over this new problem but I just have to talk about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueIris
01-09-19, 19:21
It's okay, I think anybody would be afraid in your situation. Sit tight, and hopefully your gynaecologist will be able to put your fears to rest in a few days.

whome
01-09-19, 19:24
Thanks Blueiris. I am trying to hang on. It’s maddening...the wait. I am hoping it is PID, fibroids, benign cysts. I’ll even take an endo diagnosis. I am just so C paranoid right now.

BlueIris
01-09-19, 19:32
I know what you mean; gynae cancers are a real trigger worry for me.

nomorepanic
01-09-19, 19:52
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

whome
01-09-19, 19:53
I would rather them take it all out so I don’t have to worry about it anymore. If there’s a diagnosis that may give me the option of hysterectomy I am going to push for it! Less to worry about then. Ugh. I’m fed up with worrying in case it’s not obvious lol thanks for lending an ear BlueIris.

LouiseAndy
01-09-19, 20:00
I had issues just like this and it turned out to be a cyst issues! I hope your appointment goes well x

whome
01-09-19, 21:49
LouiseAndy it makes me feel better to hear this!! It truly does. Thank you for sharing. [emoji4]

whome
01-09-19, 22:54
LouiseAndy, did it also cause uterine pain and rectal pain for you? I think this is what is causing my anxiety the most.

LouiseAndy
03-09-19, 00:15
LouiseAndy, did it also cause uterine pain and rectal pain for you? I think this is what is causing my anxiety the most.

I personal got back-pain with my due to the position of them! I think the position of them can cause pain in different areas?

ErinKC
03-09-19, 00:57
Ovarian cysts can cause a lot of pain! I also have several fibroids that intermittently cause all the symptoms you're describing. There are so many benign reasons for this kind of pain. It could even be gastro - just gas pains or constipation. All this stuff combines to make me feel like shit like 2/3 of the month!

whome
03-09-19, 02:05
I am SO glad I have people like you to turn to on here. Reading your replies help me more than I can say. The closer my appt date gets the worse my anxiety is. The pain is real and when I start hurting my mind wanders to every terrible diagnosis I can think of. Thank you for the replies! I needed to hear this to help calm my nerves

LouiseAndy
04-09-19, 20:26
I'll be thinking of you x! Please keep us updated

whome
05-09-19, 19:52
Thank you LouiseAndy! Tomorrow morning is my gynecology appt.

This morning I had a whole different set of issues. I suddenly had chest pain in the center of my chest that radiating through to my back then my throat felt like it was being squeezed. It hurt SO bad! I drove toward the ER but ended up at the clinic after I calmed down when my pain went away. They cleared my heart with EKG, etc. the doctor said he feels certain it was esophageal spasm. I feel he is right. I have taken care of people with them before and they are NO PICNIC.

I had been having the female issues that I had posted about. What I had not added was that I also have a feeling of fullness and pressure under my right ribs radiating thru to my lower back. I’ve been questioning possible gallbladder issues. Of course in my warped frame of mind, I am terrified that I have female cancer that has spread to my liver and spine hence the array of symptoms I am experiencing. [emoji24] I had blood work for amylase and lipase drawn for liver and cmp and CBC. He also did an h pylori test and a chest X-ray today. I will have my gynecology appt in the morning and the gallbladder us in the eve Tomor. The tests have sent me into HA overdrive. I will be a wreck until all the tests are thru. Sorry to ramble.

LouiseAndy
05-09-19, 19:57
Aw, Hun! I'm sorry you had such a stressful morning! I'm glad the EKG was a good result! I've had h pylori in the past and it was horrible! I was so ill with it, I remember I used to sit on the bathroom floor unable to move! Never feel sorry for coming on here during a bad patch x

whome
05-09-19, 23:31
Thank you LouiseAndy [emoji3] for letting me “decompress” lol so the nurse just called and left a message that she was expecting me to return her call. I about jumped out of my skin with worry! I just KNEW my test results were abnormal. I even mouthed a prayer while I dialed the number. She said I just called to let you know your xray is normal and your labs are as well!!![emoji3060] my gallbladder ultrasound will be next Wednesday. If I can make it through the gynecology appointment tomor and any subsequent testing related to my female complaints, I will feel SO much better!! I had it in my head that my liver function studies would be abnormal as well as my amylase and lipase. Oh and I just knew deep down that something would be on the chest X-ray bc....well bc I am in full blown panic mode[emoji3064] I feel tons better after that call and hope that soon I can completely put this episode behind me!!

LouiseAndy
06-09-19, 20:58
Good luck today :hugs:

whome
06-09-19, 22:46
Good luck today :hugs:

You are so very thoughtful!! When I get settled I will post an update on this thread. Thanks so much [emoji847]

whome
06-09-19, 23:20
So I had my exams this morning. I had a routine pap (it had been since 2010 I am ashamed to say), pelvic exam, breast exam, bacterial swabs. She said everything looked good while doing the pap and she felt nothing abnormal during the pelvic and breast exams. I told her about all of the symptoms I had been having for about a month...pain, mild bleeding after sex, shooting pains into the vagina and rectum at times. I am to call back in 2 weeks for the pap results and a vaginal ultrasound will be done on 09/26 to look for ovarian cysts and look at my uterus. She said the next plan of action is to get an endometrial biopsy. I guess when she saw my reaction to this is when she said the reason for this is bc when women present with any abnormal bleeding whatsoever, this is what we do. I said so it’s just precautionary? She said yes. It is just precautionary. She even went as far as to say I’m not expecting that at all. She did mention that if I am still in pain she would consider looking into pursuing endometriosis as a cause if all else were negative. I had her to inspect a labial nodule (since she was already down there [emoji28]) that I had found about 6 months ago. It’s pea sized and hard yet painless. I, of course, let scary thoughts of vulvar ca enter my mind at times about this. She said oh that’s what I feel is a blocked gland and is nothing to worry about and moved onto something else. I guess when she saw I was concerned she said OR we can take it out if it bothers u and will make u feel better so I will have that removed and sent for biopsy on the 26th as well! She was an extremely thorough doctor and I feel so relieved that today is over! I will feel much better when the ultrasound and biopsy are completed and results back and I can find a solid diagnosis of hopefully something common and benign [emoji4]

whome
07-09-19, 00:46
Interesting. I had a phone call from the clinic. It seems one of my swabs are already back from testing and I have BV. What is interesting is I would’ve never guessed that. I have no noticeable discharge, no odor and no itching. I have read up on it since the diagnosis, however, and it can cause severe pain and even PID which could possibly explain the pain, bleeding after sex...all of it. I will be more than thrilled if 7 days of this medication will take all of this away! I will start it tomor morning bc you can’t take it with alcohol and I have already enjoyed a drink tonight. I will update after medication for education’s sake. Thanks everyone and I hope all are well [emoji4]

Scass
07-09-19, 07:16
I’m glad you had such a great doctor, and have already received some help! Hope the medicine makes a big difference.

whome
07-09-19, 12:11
I’m glad you had such a great doctor, and have already received some help! Hope the medicine makes a big difference.

Thank you Scass!

LouiseAndy
07-09-19, 22:16
I'm glad you had a good doctor! I hope the tablets help out xx

whome
12-09-19, 01:28
LONG ONE!! I had a gallbladder ultrasound done today because of the previously mentioned right rib and back pain. Tests just send me into a tizzy!! I’m getting a lot done all at once so maybe I should’ve spread them out for the sake of my health anxiety? I’m still waiting for results of the Pap smear and now a gallbladder ultrasound. I’m worried that it’s my liver or kidneys causing me pain and discomfort and of course my anxiety makes me think it’s from the c word spreading from my pelvis to my liver and kidneys [emoji3064] I asked the technician if everything looked ok and all he said was “well I’m not calling to get you a hospital room ready” and “the doctor will get the report by tonight.” Of course I know they can’t say but I have analyzed that last statement to death. I didn’t dare look at the screen while he was doing it. I was too scared that I would see something. My most feared test got scheduled the furthest date out. I go for my ultrasound of the pelvis on 09/26. That’s where all my pain originated so I’m fearful of what they will find there. I’m still taking the antibiotics for the BV and it seemed to help the uterine pain some. I still have ovary pain, however, as well as the right rib and back pain. I have had a CT a few days ago. A ct of the abdomen and pelvis which showed a small uterine fibroid, degenerative disc disease at L5-S1 and diverticulosis. Other than that, the study was unremarkable. I keep trying to reassure myself that something ominous would’ve probably shown up on the CT and not to be scared of the ultrasound but that would be too easy! I’m a nurse people and I still can’t rationalize with myself on these tests. The pain is for sure there and real. That’s why my anxiety is high.

whome
16-09-19, 23:59
Just to update my thread for anyone with this long list of odd complaints...

Ultrasound of the gallbladder showed gallstones with no wall thickening. Liver, pancreas, and spleen unremarkable. Thank you [emoji120] Jesus!

Appointment with the surgeon in the morning about removing my gallbladder. He called today and said even people with no wall thickening and no elevated WBC can have the symptoms I am having and feel much better after removal. I am having low grade temp at the moment and my blood pressure is slightly elevated (I am assuming from pain and worry). He said I have had a good work up and he is confident the pain is coming from my gallbladder.

Now i have the vaginal ultrasound next Friday to evaluate my ovaries and uterus. After that, I will feel much better. That will be the last testing. I have figured out that testing and waiting for results causes my HA to kick into overdrive [emoji29]
but I am BEYOND excited that testing cleared my liver, pancreas, spleen and appendix. I had some darks moments and thoughts about all of them [emoji29] I hope all of you are well today.

whome
18-09-19, 15:31
Met with the surgeon yesterday. If I can keep my symptoms of gallstones controlled with diet and the discomfort to a minimum, I will wait until I get home to have the surgery. (We are 15 hours from home working in the Permian basin bc of the oil boom). We should be headed back home in about 3 weeks and will stay around 2 weeks.

Idk if I should credit my anxiety with it or what but I will feel better being home and not on the road during surgery. The surgeon and staff were friendly and I’m sure are very competent but being in health care I am rather particular about who I will go to. I know the staff around home and will feel better there.

I hope all are well.

LouiseAndy
18-09-19, 21:48
I'm not sure what to say- just writing to say I'm thinking of you! My best friend was very, very ill for about a year. When they knew it was her gallbladder causing the issues, they removed it- she's been so good without any issues once since! It can be a nasty old thing!

whome
18-09-19, 22:59
I'm not sure what to say- just writing to say I'm thinking of you! My best friend was very, very ill for about a year. When they knew it was her gallbladder causing the issues, they removed it- she's been so good without any issues once since! It can be a nasty old thing!

Thank you LouiseAndy [emoji4] just replying and letting me know you are thinking of me is plenty! It very reassuring to hear that your friend did well after. I’m hoping for the same outcome. It had given me a hard time for sure!

whome
21-09-19, 00:05
I got a call from my Gyn office saying that my pap was negative for any abnormalities! [emoji16] I am so relieved!!! Now to just get this ultrasound of the pelvis done on Friday. I pray it is unremarkable and then I will feel so much more confident.

Scass
21-09-19, 00:12
I think you’ve coped really well with so many tests!
And yes, the CT scan probably showed up anything in your pelvis alreasdy. Is it an internal ultrasound you’re having next week?
Diverticulosis can also give you the symptoms you’re getting, are they treating you for that too?

whome
21-09-19, 02:14
Thank you Scass! I will feel so much better to get it all behind me for sure. They put me on edge waiting to hear results.

Yes it’s an internal ultrasound on Friday. I’m really nervous about my ovaries so I am praying it is ok.

They haven’t given me anything for diverticulosis but that’s a good point. They did give me protonix bc I tend to take a lot of anti inflammatory meds for my back pain and they can cause a lot of GI issues.

LouiseAndy
21-09-19, 03:15
Glad to hear your smear came back all good x !

whome
21-09-19, 03:43
Glad to hear your smear came back all good x !

Thank you LouiseAndy[emoji4] I hope all is well with you!

LouiseAndy
24-09-19, 00:21
How are you doing x?

whome
24-09-19, 01:03
How are you doing x?

Hey there. I’m doing ok. Still having pain in my right abdomen, under right ribs and around what I think to be the area of my ovaries but of course the gallbladder surgery should help with the rib pain. Still holding out for surgery. I will go for the internal ultrasound Thursday not Friday like I originally said. (Thank goodness for automated telephone appt reminders). It’s so sweet of you to check on me [emoji177] how are you?

whome
24-09-19, 16:17
How are you doing x?

I am hopefully going to try to update after I find out what my ultrasound results are. I assume it will be in a few weeks. In the mean time, we will be on our way home for awhile and will be visiting with family and friends. I probably won’t be on much for awhile due to traveling, moving, visiting, etc. but please keep us updated on yourself for when I do check back in. Take care of you! [emoji4]

LouiseAndy
24-09-19, 20:05
Well keep us updated! x I've been better but we all go through rougher times x

whome
07-10-19, 19:01
Well keep us updated! x I've been better but we all go through rougher times x

It sounds like you have a very good attitude about it all and I’m so glad! [emoji4]

I haven’t been on here much lately bc we are home for a few weeks so we have been very busy seeing family and friends as well as moving our things.

I had the internal ultrasound while still in Texas just a few days before we left. The office gives u the ultrasound results before you ever leave that day so no waiting and wondering!! I didn’t know that until the appointment. So the ultrasound showed a cherry-sized uterine fibroid (harmless). My ovaries are CLEAR!! [emoji119] (I think it started as worrying about my cervix and endometrium and then shifted to focusing on my ovaries). Anyway...they did say that my uterus is enlarged at 9.5 instead of 7 so she insisted on an endometrial biopsy that day (my health anxiety kicked into extreme at the mere suggestion of it, even though she reassured me that she was only doing it as a precaution). I got a telephone call about 5 days later saying the biopsy was negative for anything and to follow back up as needed [emoji16]. It took me about 8 days to heal from the endometrial biopsy and to stop bleeding so if any of u ladies have one, please take their advice and rest. No heavy lifting, etc afterward. The day after I had it done I packed, lifted heavy boxes and then rode in a vehicle for 15 hours straight. I feel like this is why I had a hard time healing from it.

So In summary, she said the infection that I had in my reproductive tract was probably to blame for the pain I had been experiencing.

I tried to post about this sooner but I guess maybe it didn’t post. If it did and I am just not seeing it, I apologize for the repeat post!!