PDA

View Full Version : Headaches and twitching - Brain!?

Melon1
01-09-19, 19:34
Hi Everyone

I am back again sadly.....been having a terrible time since June.

It all began with a twitch in my left forearm which then escalated. Within a few days, the twitch had turned into weakness in my left forearm which made simple tasks tricky. I began to get wobbly. I also started to experience pain and the occasional twitch in my right forearm. I started to get the odd twinge and twitch in other areas of the body too. I had no energy at all.

So, I visited my doctor who did the strength tests etc as I said my concern was MND. She couldnt find any evidence of this and put it down to anxiety.

My overthinking brain kept thinking.... I wasn't anxious when the twitching started, so how can this be anxiety?

So, the twitching continued. It felt as if it disappeared for a few days on a weekend in spain and then returned. This did reassure me slightly, but not enough to stop the twitching.

This twitching continued on and then the day before I was due to go on holiday, mid august, I started to get tingling/twitching in my nose (you can see my nose slightly pulsing on the left side) and ringing in my ears... this worried me and then a week into my holiday, I started to get headaches and a pressure feeling around the nose and occasional numb mouth.

I still have all these symptoms now and am worried that I have a brain tumour.

I just feel so useless and can't get on and enjoy my life. I cant remember the last time I really enjoyed my summer holiday as each time I seem to have a health issue that I am worrying about.

My poor husband is still putting up with me. For how much longer who knows. I have lost enjoyment in all parts of my life. I don't want to go out. I have stopped exercising ( I ran the London Marathon in April, god knows how!) I don't want to see friends, or if I do, only for an hour as my head starts pounding and I don't have any enthusiasm for chat.

I have been offered meds in the past and never taken them. I still have a prescription for Propranalol which I have not yet taken in as I am not convinced it would be right for me.

But, what if this time there is actually something wrong? What if I do have a brain tumour? Would my doctor take me seriously? I must have been 10 times so far this year. They must see me and think, oh here we go again!

I have been on a waiting list for counselling since March. How bad is that.... I called them last week to see where I am on the list and have not heard back. I considered going private, but the guy who works for the nhs was so nice when I met him for a first meet that I want to see him.

I am just miserable and wasting my life away with all this worry. I wake every morning with this hideous tension in my body. I just want to relax and enjoy life again without worry.

I really dont know what I am expecting people to say here. I suppose I just want to get it all out. It would be nice to hear of good news... maybe someone had the same symptoms who turned out okay... or tips to get over my misery.

Thanks for listening.
X

nomorepanic
01-09-19, 19:36
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Melon1
02-09-19, 13:59
Not one comment 😓

BlueIris
02-09-19, 14:17
Sometimes it's hard to know what to say. I don't think for a second that you have a brain tumour and clearly, neither does your doctor. None of that makes any difference if you can't convince yourself of the fact, though.

I hope you feel better soon.