PDA

View Full Version : Got any answers?

mingsy
21-09-07, 15:16
Hi
Hoping somebody can come up with some answers.
This is a brief history, last June after alot of pressure from work, home, life etc, I became house bound with anxiety, panic and depression, but with alot of help meds, cpn, and this site I have manged just about to get back on track again, even managed to go abroad this July. In August my dear father-inlaw fell and broke his hip, but after catching an hospital infection he died on the 1st September. I exceeded all my expectations and with out panic I spent three weeks driving my mother-inlaw 40 miles a day up and down the motorway, spent hours in intensive care, sat with my father inlaw as he passed away, spent hours at the bank, building society sorting out his affairs, managed the funeral and wake.
But now things have quietend down, I feel constantly on edge and have had panic attacks for no reason (just sat watching TV). It seems a horrible thing to say but whilst all this sadness was going on it seemed to make me better, but now I have nothing to do I think I'm thinking myself into panic.
I would love just to be able to sit and do nothing without feeling edgey.
I was just wondering if anybody had any answers?

groovygranny
21-09-07, 23:35
Hello Jane,

I had much the same after my dad died.

The adrenalin that you needed in order to do all those things may still be sloshing around - that is how my doctor described it to me - and it may take a while for it to be absorbed.

I liken it to being in a fast car on the motorway - whilst you're going it's ok. But when you stop the momentum keeps carrying you forward.

Try and relax as much as you can (difficult I know) but you owe it to yourself - you have done magnificently :yesyes::yesyes:

Take care

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

mingsy
22-09-07, 15:23
:D Thanks Nigel and GG for your words of wisdom and support:D