PDA

View Full Version : Tension headaches

keaw
02-09-19, 21:28
So, I have had this headache for about 4 weeks now. I don't get headaches very often so this going on for this long is scaring me so much. I've been for an eye test (fine), my dr says it is tension. He has given me amitriptyline (on day 3) and I'm already on citalopram 20mg. Please any words of help or reassurance would be great.

bin tenn
03-09-19, 01:12
Exercise and / or stretching help relieve tension. If possible, maybe try a (deep tissue) massage. I've had tension headaches last weeks, although they usually only last a few hours or a good chunk of a single day. I absolutely hate them, but they're nothing to be concerned about. Do what you can to relieve the tension.

keaw
03-09-19, 15:42
Thanks, I think the amitriptyline is starting to help a bit now but still so anxious about it

bin tenn
04-09-19, 01:47
What is there to be worried about?

keaw
04-09-19, 10:47
I'm worried I might have something more serious that is being missed.

pav1984
04-09-19, 11:26
I would have thought your optition would pick up anything nasty. They pick up on alsorts not just give you glasses. Your doctor also has given you a diagnosis.

I find breathing exercises and distraction help me. Also if you are able to do some exercise. I find that if i go for a run i feel tons better. If i cant be bothered to exercise i read or play chess. Anything to take you away from the chatter in your head.

bin tenn
04-09-19, 13:18
I'm worried I might have something more serious that is being missed.

Classic anxiety thought process. Worrying that something was missed, even though that's rarely the case. You're on citalopram, but are you in therapy at the moment?

keaw
04-09-19, 21:13
Thanks for your replies, I really appreciate them. I am on an online cbt course at the moment. My counsellor is really nice, and supportive but I am finding it hard work. I've had two other counsellors before, who I saw in person but I didn't really get on with them.

darkside4k
05-09-19, 20:27
We sound like we are pretty much in the same boat. Headaches going on four weeks now.

keaw
09-09-19, 21:02
Awful isn't it, mine are still going.

lebonvin
10-09-19, 07:57
I posted last week but it never come up for some reason

There are some good YouTube clips of how to massage headaches away and I'll be damned but they usually work.

The best clip I found was by a Chinese Australian whose name I think is Daniel Loh worth taking a look

keaw
10-09-19, 21:38
Great thanks, I will have a look, anything is worth a try.