PDA

View Full Version : What's your go to food?

Wtf
05-09-19, 01:16
So reading through nthe forums got me thinking...what's your favorite go to food when you have you are just feeling down not anxious, because as we can almost all attest to when you are anxious you don't eat, just down?

Me I have a go for 1 of four things: a good Pho bowl (the spicier the better) sushi is another, A good super spicy Thai curry, and buffalo wings. I absolutely love spicy my mantra is "you can't be sad if you are burning out your insides"

BlueIris
05-09-19, 04:51
Ohh, spicy stuff is good! I had a chunk of brisket to cook at the weekend but I didn't have everything I needed for my usual dry rub, so I mocked up a vindaloo wet rub instead with vinegar, garlic, ginger and a really generous helping of ghost chilli.

I haven't been able to walk past the fridge without nibbling it.

AntsyVee
05-09-19, 04:55
Can I come over to either of your houses for dinner?

whome
05-09-19, 13:49
Mmmmmm...all of the above sounds delicious [emoji39]. Being a Southerner in the US, any kind of “comfort food” is my go-to...mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, biscuits and gravy. Unfortunately, It’s the “bad stuff” that makes me feel better. Since we are in west Texas for work in the oil fields at the moment, there’s more access to Mexican food-tacos, burritos, and of course, to STEAK. I love a wide range of food and find comfort in eating so I am trying to keep that in mind during my anxious moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mezzaninedoor
05-09-19, 22:59
Fatty foods wise, its a Lamb or Chicken Korma

Healthy foods wise, its a crustless quiche on the Slimming World diet

WiredIncorrectly
06-09-19, 01:41
Ohh, spicy stuff is good! I had a chunk of brisket to cook at the weekend but I didn't have everything I needed for my usual dry rub, so I mocked up a vindaloo wet rub instead with vinegar, garlic, ginger and a really generous helping of ghost chilli.

I haven't been able to walk past the fridge without nibbling it.

I love very hot food too. You tried the ghost chilli rubs you get on Amazon etc? There's a curry kit that is almost impossible to eat. I cooked it with chicken and ate 1/4 of the curry. Mouth was on fire for hours. Felt like it was covered in blisters. But it was well worth it! Next day is no fun though. Toilet roll in the freezer.

Now I want a curry, and everywhere is closed :(

WiredIncorrectly
06-09-19, 01:42
Cheerios are my goto.

Carnation
06-09-19, 09:07
If it's a treat...... Magnum Ice-cream or chocolate digestives :)
If dinner, it has to be steak with all the trimmings
If lunch, a BLT
Pudding has to be Sticky Toffee with Custard
And drink..... Either a chocolate lashed with cream or Irish Coffee :)

Carnation
06-09-19, 09:08
Duplicate post