PDA

View Full Version : Touch anit cancer meds cytotoxic

ashleep
05-09-19, 03:38
Freaking the shit out, today at work. I got ask to help with a medical pack and after I got told it had cytotoxic medications in. And they can make you Infertile. I am so sad. I really want to have kids. I touched the pack they were in. Like pulling The sticker that goes on the back so I was close and my fingers were tingled for ages afterwards. Please help.

BlueIris
05-09-19, 04:58
The packaging is designed to be touched, it wouldn't seep through. This is definitely your anxiety getting the better of you.

RadioGaGa
05-09-19, 21:52
Well that's me screwed. I handle cytotoxic drugs nearly every day (depending on my particular duties). Although the guidance is gloves should always be worn (because in THEORY there could be particles on the packaging from the manufacturing process) you'd really need to be touching the actual capsukes/tablets/liquids/injectables, and have it on broken skin.

I was spiked once by a cytotoxic needle when we were reconstituting them. But I didn't panic over this (I'd actually forgotten about it until this post) because it's happened to every SINGLE ONE of my colleagues. They're all fine.

You will definitely be fine.

RadioGaGa
05-09-19, 21:56
Re-read your post (as I'm prone to doing)

It sounds like you were handling some sort of drug kit, in which contained a box of cytotoxics, rather than a box of cytotoxics? In that case you can delete this post and move on swiftly, there is nothing to worry about lol