PDA

View Full Version : Dry throat/Diabetes concerns.

Seaster
05-09-19, 05:30
So while i'm not at the point of panicking over this just yet, I am posting this because I feel that I soon might. I've noticed that I have a dryness in my throat that just doesn't go away. And sometimes when talking, I can feel a slight ache in my throat somewhere but it's not really too present otherwise. Aside from that, I have had aches all over my body when working outside in the heat today. Now, I have been drinking proper amounts of water so i'm not sure the aches are from dehydration. (Unless I have Diabetes and the aches are a sign i need more water than what i was drinking. not sure really.)

Aside from the dryness, my urination has been normal. Normal amounts and frequency. I drank a bottle of water with my meal tonight and literally did not even have to use the restroom until 3 hours later. I was home from work and had drank something before leaving for home too so that's a positive I would say?

I've been through the diabetes scare MANY times in my life and usually, it's nothing. Doesn't run in family either. I'm hoping this dry throat goes away but nothing is working and it's concerning. What is it? Is it really being thirsty? I am looking at a bottle of water next to me but I don't really feel like I have to drink it. It's more of "I'll drink it in hopes my throat feels better" type of thing.

lofwyr
05-09-19, 05:40
You are just paying attention to it. This is classic anxiety. You percieve a problem, then become acutely aware of it. The more you pay attention to it, the more intense the problem feels. The second something else comes along, you quit paying attention to the previous problem, and it vanishes into thin air.

bin tenn
05-09-19, 14:11
I agree with lofwyr. Anxiety loves making something out of nothing, or at least making something seem far more significant than it really is. Dry mouth / throat has a large number of possible causes, with diabetes probably being one of the least likely, given that you don't have family history or other major risk factors.