PDA

View Full Version : Surroundings or room rushing towards me

izzybizzy
06-09-19, 19:39
I’ve tried to find out about this symptom but there’s not a lot online.

Has anyone ever experienced it, it’s happened to me in busy places when there is too much stimuli but also sometimes just randomly in the house like if I’m looking down at my phone etc, it’s not like a vertigo episode it’s a very quick sensation, it’s like suddenly the room or my surroundings are rushing towards me and I have to quickly try to grab on to someone or something to steady myself, it goes as quick as it’s comes, no nausea, or change in heart rate etc, that’s literally the only feeling, sometimes if I catch it in time I can almost stop it, I don’t know how to explain that, or maybe I feel I’ve caught but I’ve just changed position? I do get a lot of anxiety related dizziness but I really hate this symptom I’ve had it very sporadically for 8 years, in that space of time I’ve probably only had it a maybe 3 times a year a bit more recently but I have had high anxiety, my worry is because I’m so scared of anything brain/neuro related I do worry that what if something is growing and pressing on something and that’s what causes it but years ago I begged a doctor for a head scan on unrelated head symptoms and they said no. Tbh I’d be too scared to go and get one after my grandma died of a brain bleed.

I know I need to be working on my anxiety and I am trying I just wish this symptom would go away and the general dizziness I get although atm that’s not as frequent.

Has anyone else ever had this sensation? It really is peculiar

nomorepanic
06-09-19, 20:25
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

ankietyjoe
07-09-19, 11:10
I find the dizziness and/or vertigo is directly related to muscle tension, and it's usually muscle tension in the neck and shoulders you don't even realise you have. It's most common for it to happen to me if I look down quickly, or when I'm sitting at my desk staring at a screen.

The sensations you're experiencing are related to that, and I often feel like I'm accelerating towards my screen if I'm seated in the same position for too long. Similar, but not the same sensation to falling when you're half asleep.