PDA

View Full Version : my breathing troubles with anxiety and asthma

eddy1608
07-09-19, 17:38
so i have decided to put everything on here in the hope of looking for help and advice. So ten years ago i had a mental break down and bad anxiety developed and around the same time i was told i had asthma and i didnt really focus on that at the start but around 7 years ago i started to really focus and be aware of my breathing, and i have been on pretty much every asthma inhaler there is i think. I know i worry and focus on my breathing and i am back in therapy for my anxiety now and im currently on symbicourt, ventolin and montelukast tablets. My peak flow is always around 600, at the moment i have a lot of mucus stuck and you can hear it when i cough. Does mucus sit in the airways though? Thats something i dont know. I started smoking a month ago for the first time in 8 years due to a bad moment in my life but i am reducing them now and have a stop smoke thing at the doctors next week along with a spirometery test if thats how you spell it, to see whats going on with my lungs and if my anxiety is making more of this than it should. I have also started to get back in to the gym and yesterday i did a light weight session and then 5 miles on the exercise bike and i didnt need my rescue inhaler.
Thanks if anyone took the time to read this and any advice/opinions on what i have wrote is very welcome.