PDA

View Full Version : Switched Citalopram to Venlafaxine, hoping for anxiety/depression relief

Sunnysideup
07-09-19, 20:03
Hi everyone,
Have had a rough 15 months. Titrated up from 2.5mg to 20mg of citalopram (third time taking it) over those months, but it didn't lift my anxiety/depression this time.w
Crashed really badly mood-wise in June.....that's when I updosed from 10 to 20mg. Unfortunately the Cit started having some nasty gastric side effects.

Paid to see a private psych after gp told me to remedy the failure of cit by 'taking deep breaths and going out for long walks'....erm, not sure that's gonna help chronic diarrhoea.

Psych put me on 75mg extended release Venlafaxine. Been on it for 3 and a half weeks, def feeling some benefits, but still suffering a bit from straight switch/ heightened anxiety. Hoping this all gets better soon.

venusbluejeans
07-09-19, 20:08
Hiya Sunnysideup and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

lebonvin
08-09-19, 06:53
Hi there

Heightened anxiety is the main side effect of venlafaxine but goes away after 2-3 weeks. you be fine

Sunnysideup
08-09-19, 08:20
Cool, I'm nearly on week 4, still quite anxious. But hopefully it will calm down soon, thanks for replying :)