PDA

View Full Version : Urinalysis. Blood and protein.

bangboometc
09-09-19, 18:21
Hey guys. So, last week I went to the doctor for the first time in far too long and had a physical. Today, I got a call that there were elevated amounts of protein and blood in my urine. They're sending it off to get cultured, but requested I come back in this week to do another urinalysis.

Needless to say, what with my health anxiety, this has sent me assuming the worst. They made no mention of my blood test results, so I'm assuming those came back okay. Basically, I could use done reassurance right now that I shouldn't be as worried as I am.

RadioGaGa
09-09-19, 21:40
Can sometimes happen if it's taken in the morning and is very concentrated. They'll be able to tell this because they can work out the ratio of proteiin to creatinine.

Most likely a UTI but try not to spiral too much (easier said than done, I know) but it is quite a crude test in that it may say there's excess protein but won't tell you what.

Im sure you'll be able to come back and say it was simply a UTI :)

venusbluejeans
09-09-19, 21:40
pretty sure this can be caused by a simple urine infection which would explain why they sent it off I guess, to find out if it needs antibiotics and what kind... they would request you to come back again to check again to see if the infection is still there