PDA

View Full Version : Chin really hurts

louise0501
09-09-19, 20:55
Hi. A week ago I was getting the train with my 6 year old son who has additional needs and I thought he was going to run off down the carriage so went to grab him and he tripped over his own feet and I then tripped and smashed my chin into his head and it hurt so much. At first my jaw really hurt to. The bruising has nearly gone. Just realised there's a slight bump under skin where I banged it. My chin still hurts when I touch it as well. I'm worried it might be cancer? Would it take this long to heal after that kind of injury?

I'm really freaking out.

Please reply

Love Louise xxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
09-09-19, 21:03
Louise

How on earth did you get to cancer from this? You have a reason for the pain and yes it will take time to heal.

louise0501
09-09-19, 21:07
Just coz there's a slight lump. It's just taking a long time to heal.

NotDeadYet
09-09-19, 21:08
Hi Louise0501,

So sorry to here about your injury. Take a deep breath and think logically of how you hit your chin, the body responded with pain, swelling and bruising, and now your chin is healing as evidenced by the reduction in pain and bruising. The residual bump could be a number of things such as inflammation from your chin having been injured. I'm not a doctor but I can assume that cancer doesn't appear after an injury such as this.

Best wishes.

venusbluejeans
09-09-19, 21:29
you can't get cancer from a knock on the chin it is not possible whatsoever .... I know from personal experience that internal swelling after a bump can take a long time to subside

RadioGaGa
09-09-19, 21:35
Not cancer

Im quite open on here that I've had cosmetic work done to my chin. The swelling from that took ages to go down (and it's not violent per se). Recently had a dorsal hump reduction (nosejob) and the swelling from that is taking ages to go away.

Falling and smacking your chin will cause a lot of swelling