PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations??

kt
21-01-05, 21:18
Hi everyone,
just wanted to check something out.... I know what palpitations are, but can they also feel as tho your heart is beating in your throat? Hope this doesn't sound weird, but it's like the feeling you get when you hear some bad news and you get like a momentary rush and beating feeling in your upper chest and throat area. Sorry if I haven't explained it well, just wondering if anyone else gets this.
KT x

ps/ thankyou for this web site- it has helped me more than medication ever did!!

Cookie
21-01-05, 21:35
Hi Kt,

If it's any consolation, I get this all the time when I'm anxious. Thats mostly how I know I'm having palpatations lately, I feel them in my neck! So no, it doesn't sound weird to me!

Shell.:D

vernon
21-01-05, 22:19
Hi kt, no not at all i know just what you mean i get the same, like jumping in the throte. t c Vernon

Meg
22-01-05, 00:34
Very common Kt.

We've all been there. Its not dangerous amd does get better as you calm down.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

linjane
31-01-05, 09:31
Hi everyone,

My palpitations and missed beats have been going on for nearly three years now and I don't seem to be getting any better. Sometimes, even when I feel calm they are there. Meg, it should be so reassuring for me when you say - Its not dangerous - but why can't I accept it. My counsellor doesn't want to keep going over my feelings about the missing beats, but at the moment, as usual these are what are still scaring me. Please can anyone possibly help or advise. Thankyou
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Very common Kt.

We've all been there. Its not dangerous amd does get better as you calm down.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 22 January 2005 : 00:34:51</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">