PDA

View Full Version : Lest we forget... It's 9/11 today.

Noivous
11-09-19, 14:38
Hard to believe it's been 18 years.

See the videos:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/11/images-911-visual-remembrance/

Fishmanpa
11-09-19, 16:34
I know I can recall that day vividly. Most here in the US feel the same....

Positive thoughts

mezzaninedoor
11-09-19, 18:29
It was a very sad day indeed.
I remember being camped out in a TV showroom across from work watching the news.
Thoughts to those affected by that day.

WiredIncorrectly
11-09-19, 18:29
I was 16 sat at home dealing with anxiety and watching it on the news. My brother burst through the door telling me "Somebody is here to see you". I wasn't interested, my eyes were glued to the television. I remember the day clearly because it was the day I met a new friend who became my best friend for many years (the lad who came to see me). At the same moment he entered the room the second plane hit the tower. Can never forget that day. RIP to all those who lost their lives that day, and may the truth about that tragic event eventually come out.

whome
11-09-19, 20:21
My memory is not the best some days but I can tell you everything about the moments after I realized what was happening on 9/11. It’s hard to believe it’s been this many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pulisa
11-09-19, 20:39
It's one of those times when you will always remember what you were doing when you heard the news...

It puts things like stupid Brexit into proportion.

Nobody decent will ever forget what happened on 9/11.

MyNameIsTerry
12-09-19, 02:28
I was at work and my best mate who worked there came back from lunch saying he had heard it on the radio. We get on the internet and saw some of it but it wasn't until I got home some hours later to watch hours of rolling coverage that we knew the full details. My parents were watching it for hours when I got there. I was surreal.

Best wishes to all those touched by the terrible event in our history. As others say, it's one to remember where we were at the time.

lebonvin
12-09-19, 08:44
Yeah that was awful

Let's also remember all the innocent civilians killed by the US military in Ghan and Iraq since then, plus the US soldiers sent there who got killed or maimed.

There's something horribly sensationalistic and voyeuristic about that breitbart memorial link. I was expecting to see footage of aemorial service for bereaved families and floral wreaths. I refuse to watch those videos just as I refused to watch the TV footage at the time. What's the point of reliving all that horror? I'm sure some good people here would get triggered if they did.

Carnation
12-09-19, 18:43
Noivous, my dear friend. I can't believe it has been 18 years. I was in my local town when it happened and happened to pass an electrical shop and saw it on their TVs. At first glance I thought it was a film as it seemed so epic. My heart goes out to all the families that lost someone and praise for the people that rescued under horrific circumstances and for the survivors I have great empathy for.

Pkstracy
22-09-19, 19:47
A very hard day.

Noivous
23-09-19, 22:23
At the time I was working out of an office trailer at a satellite location for the company I work for. I was outside when a coworker stuck his head out the door and said hey a plane just flew into one of the Twin Towers in the city. For some reason I just thought it was a little Cessna 4 seater. I walked inside and saw the tower ablaze. As we watched it live a jetliner hit the second tower. It was a WTF moment for both of us. We new it was something very different and very horrible. As we were glued to the TV I said Bob I can't believe the tower is still standing. About 10 minutes later we watched live the whole thing crumble into the earth. The wound is still raw. The week following was the eeriest of my life. Not a single plane in the sky anywhere. And an eerily quiet public wherever you went.