PDA

View Full Version : Laparoscopy keyhole surgery hard lump

Frog79
12-09-19, 15:21
Anybody had keyhole surgery for sterilization or like wise and then got a small but hard bump less than 1cm which feels boney or grisly but it's on the lower abdominal wall under the scar?? I'm very slim so when I tense my stomach I can actually feel my abdominal wall and it is all solid as it should be until I get to the lump under the scar. It is actually on my muscle of my abdominal wall, not my skin.
So Worried and can't sleep at night with worry. Requested call back from the doctor hoping he could give me some to stop panicking but he didn't and said it could be a 2- 3 week wait for the ultrasound.
He said it could be scar tissue or it could be a fatty lump but he said "I don't think it's anything to worry about from what the other doctor has written" got so now I'm flapping like crazy now and I wish I hadn't of called. Please advice. Why can't I find anybody else who has had a similar thing that's worrying me

Fishmanpa
12-09-19, 15:30
My wife had keyhole surgery to remove her thymus gland. They went in 3 different places on the left side of her chest and one spot, next to her breast ended up as you describe. There's a discolored lump around the size if a Lima bean that's itchy and uncomfortable at times. The doctors said it's normal and just scar tissue.

Positive thoughts

Frog79
12-09-19, 17:07
Thank you for the reply I wish mine was external as I'd feel a bit happier about it but you can actually see nothing from the outside. Just when I push above my pubic area I can feel a hard lump inside on my abdominal wall.

Fishmanpa
12-09-19, 17:24
Inside or out, I'm quite sure that's all it is.

Positive thoughts