PDA

View Full Version : dont know what to do

Decco
14-09-19, 12:23
hi guys i dont know what to do anymore, i went out 2 days ago drinking and blacked out completely in a night club and cant remember anything from the night when i woke up i was just ringing this random persons door bell for some reason i think i beleived it was my friend or something then the police turned up and i went home and got a taxi. i have been on sertraline for 4 weeks now, i can hardly think straight my whole body aches and i feel it is giving up on me i feel like i can hardly think at all and really dont know what to do i just feel like im not myslef and feel like i cant cope anymore. everything feels so weird to me right now. i think this may be panic as my hands are constantly tingling and i have major pressure in my head atm. i feel like im not in control anymore and am not eating. i have a medication review in 6 days i dont know if to ask for an increased dose or try something else as the sertraline is making me worse. didnt feel too bad this morning but took the sertraline and now feel worse

Carys
14-09-19, 12:33
Do you know, you aren't meant to drink alcohol at the same time as sertraline? It will make you worse, for sure.

If I was you, and the medication review is due in 6 days, I'd not try and second guess if its going to go up, or down, or stop or whatever. The point of the review is to come to those conclusion with your doctor based on how you feel you are getting on with it. Tell them your feelings emotionally and physically and go through it together :)

Decco
14-09-19, 12:51
just been for a walk in which the tingling has stopped but i dont really feel better mentally, it seems like after i take the sertraline i feel awfull for like 8 hours but then after i dont feel as bad and i feel calmer maybe my mind doesnt agree with the meds

ankietyjoe
14-09-19, 14:30
Why are you drinking enough alcohol to black out?

WiredIncorrectly
14-09-19, 14:32
Quit drinking alcohol. Plain and simple. It's going to do nothing for your mental health or recovery. You should not drink alcohol on these medications either.

Decco
14-09-19, 15:47
i dont really know i had a few drinks and obviously couldnt control myself so i got smashed maybe i wanted to feel like i used to do when i went out it was a very stupid decision as i started feeling a bit better and now feel quite unstable which is annoying but is completely my fault.

Decco
14-09-19, 15:49
am making myself go to work tonight anyway maybe itll make me feel better wiht doing something as it normally makes me feel better i just feel so annoyed at what ive done to myself, tbh i have become extremely angry the last few days i think i even hit people when i was out, probably the stress of what my brain is doing to me. i even lost my phone and glasses aswell so thats £600 down the drain.

Decco
14-09-19, 16:16
learning curve i guess.

Fishmanpa
14-09-19, 17:15
learning curve i guess.

Sounds more like a learning cliff ;)

Positive thoughts

ankietyjoe
15-09-19, 13:18
am making myself go to work tonight anyway maybe itll make me feel better wiht doing something as it normally makes me feel better i just feel so annoyed at what ive done to myself, tbh i have become extremely angry the last few days i think i even hit people when i was out, probably the stress of what my brain is doing to me. i even lost my phone and glasses aswell so thats £600 down the drain.

Your brain is not doing it TO you, you have control over whether you drink so much alcohol whilst taking powerful psychoactive drugs that you really shouldn't be drinking alcohol with. Just don't do it again and move on.

fishman65
15-09-19, 16:14
Hi Decco, having been a heavy drinker a good many years ago I can say with some certainty that alcohol will make things worse in the long run. I used to black out regularly, would find myself outside my house with no idea how I got there. Sometimes I'd walk home and come to in the middle of the road. I rarely drink now and luckily have a wife to act as a brake if I am tempted. All booze does is make you feel good for a while, but any problems you're trying to escape from will still be there when you're sober again. It hinders finding solutions. Take care.