PDA

View Full Version : Upper back.

zippy
15-09-19, 19:09
I started with an upper left back discomfort with some reflux a few months ago. Sometimes can feel in the front and side. Now it hurts on both sides. I can feel it when i lay on my back or shrug my shoulders back. I've convinced myself its my liver or pancreas. Just had all my bloods done and all ok apart from my gamma gt was high but dr didnt seem bothered. I can't stop thinking about it. I also have diarrhoea too.

pulisa
15-09-19, 19:53
What do you think you've got?

zippy
15-09-19, 21:03
Always the big c.

Fishmanpa
15-09-19, 21:11
Always the big c.

So you've have reflux and haven't been right in ten years of posting. What is the most likely explanation?

Positive thoughts

zippy
15-09-19, 23:35
I'm worried that the gamma gt was high and these symptoms.

roseanxiety
16-09-19, 01:59
Sounds muscular to me. There is no organ in your upper back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lebonvin
16-09-19, 02:16
Upper back, shoulders, neck .... tension due to anxiety

Careful1
17-09-19, 01:43
If pain started on your left side it's not your liver cause the liver is on the right side... What you describe sounds like muscular pain. Did you maybe move wrong? Sleep weird? Tension from anxiety and stress can also cause pain in the muscles in those locations.

If your GGT is mildly elevated I wouldn't stress it. Enzymes tend to go up and down for all sorts of reasons and it's normal for them to fluctuate. If it was moderately high, maybe have it re tested in 30 days or so to see if it's back to normal. If it's still high, then discuss it with your doctor but it's probably nothing. If you had liver disease you would have some of the more specific symptoms and your GGT likely wouldn't be the only lab that was off.

If your doctor isn't worried you should try not to be 😁

ankietyjoe
17-09-19, 09:16
I started with an upper left back discomfort with some reflux a few months ago. Sometimes can feel in the front and side. Now it hurts on both sides. I can feel it when i lay on my back or shrug my shoulders back. I've convinced myself its my liver or pancreas. Just had all my bloods done and all ok apart from my gamma gt was high but dr didnt seem bothered. I can't stop thinking about it. I also have diarrhoea too.

Bazinga