PDA

View Full Version : Aches and Pains, Symptom change,

PENNY
21-01-05, 21:31
HI There,

I have not posted for some time, though I have been reading your Posts
and feel that I know every person in the Group.

I need your help now though.
I have learnt how to cope with the Anxiety and Panics, so when
I feel them coming on, I do the coping skills, which really works.

The problem now is , that the Symptoms have changed to
Aches and Pains in the Back, Waist, Etc:
Some times I can hardly move, I keep rubbing cream into the
Muscles and using hot water bottles, which does seem to help
some times.

I also have problems with Eating now.
I have to mash every thing up to swallow the food, it seems
as if sometimes the Throat has a Muscle Spasm too,
feel that I will not Swallow, this is VERY frighting.

Please let me know if any of you have experienced things like this.
I worry because I'm not Eating properly now.

I do not take Medication, I'm into Self Help Methods.

Thank you for reading this.

Penny,

PENNY,

Cookie
21-01-05, 21:43
Hi Penny,

I personally haven't experienced the eating issues but I know there are a few people who have made similar posts in the past. Its not uncommon. I'm sure someone on here will be able to advise you.
Take a look on the phobias board in the mean time, I'm sure thats where I saw a similar post. It involved a fear of choking on food.

As for the aches and pains, I'd recommend massage and essential oils. Nice warm baths relieve it for me.(Well, for an hour or so, but its an hour respite!)
Well done by the way for getting by without medication, it's hard to do it on your own.

Shell.:D

mico
21-01-05, 21:54
Hi Penny

I haven't had any of these symptoms either, but I do know that my symptoms have changed a lot down the line. It comes in many shapes and forms unfortuantely. It's like you just feel you are getting used to it then the symptoms change to make it more difficult for you. Which is, I'm sure, the same in your case, try not to worry about it too much, I'm sure it's not harmfull in any way.

mico

vernon
21-01-05, 22:26
hi. just as mico and cooki said. you think you are better then symtoms change. i gat some very bad aches and pains, i have had chest xrays and even barrium enema and a sigmoidoscopy through pains i have had. I think when u think u r over it the panic monster tries another way to frighten you, and its just a trick as I think you are beating it just the way you are doing. Take Care. Vernon

PENNY
21-01-05, 22:26
Thank you Shell and Mico for responding to my Post. it is so
nice to know that people care enough to reply.

Penny,

PENNY,

PENNY
21-01-05, 22:29
THANKS VERNON,

PENNY,

PENNY,

Meg
22-01-05, 00:30
Hi Penny,

Very well done on controlling and coping with the symptoms.

Sounds like you may benefit from some stretching / swimming/ massage to help with those tense back muscles

Eating - ice cold water/ mints / rescue remedy and calming down. Its just a muscle that tenses up . It will never really stop you eating whole foods- it just feels that way .
Don't pander to it too much . It likes the attention.

There is an explanation on the symptoms page on the home page or search for several previous threads on this .

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

mumof4
22-01-05, 11:56
I find that some mornings i wake up i have a sore neck but i think my reason for that is i sleep to high up.

Panic atatcks can take control of ur body and cause those pains as ur body tightens up.

Usuall when i take a attack my jaw hurts cause i clench them together.

jude
22-01-05, 22:00
Hi Penny,
I have a BIG prob with eating, especially at proper meal times when im with the family. I know exactly how you feel. It feels as though you are eating cardboard or cotton wool. Your mouth refuses to chew and your stomach keeps threatening to make you throw up. I gag continually sometimes while trying to eat and pretend Im ok. I had this last time I had anxiety disorder 15 years ago and Im getting it again now.
I try to eat little bits of stuff I really fancy. I cant sit down to a big meal as just lookin at it starts me off.
Also try drinking water or juice with every mouthful. It used to help me.
Jude

PENNY
22-01-05, 23:07
HI Jude,

Yes, that sounds just like me these days, I do Dunk the
Bread and Biscuits in my tea, this does help to swallow them.

Thanks every one for your replys, your'e good guys.

Love Penny,

PENNY,