PDA

View Full Version : Worried

Jasonny
23-09-19, 18:33
Don’t know where to start so here goes ! Been self medicating with alcohol well 7 bottles of wine per week 😐 for the last 3 years ! had a UTI and I am not even 33! So I think I have bowel cancer been having lower bowel pain and upper right larger bowel been at the doctors numerous times and we I mean numerous i mean at least 12 times past month not all the same gp I have seen. Been having constant un normal bowel movements loose stools/black stools sticky stools sorry if anyone has bad stomach now for the fatigue I am extremely tired 24/7 when I mean tired I could sleep all day! Doctors have did ibs take this take that still the same I have had blood work it’s all within normal levels so I have handed in a stool sample it’s called Cacprotfction and I have to get another blood test called a Tumour marker. I am really really worried if it cancer now

AntsyVee
24-09-19, 05:33
How are you doing with the alcohol consumption? Have you been able to cut down at all? As we get older, our digestive systems can start to have issues with processing alcohol...that may be leading to your bowel issues. Honestly, if I were your doc the alcohol consumption would worry me more than the IBS symptoms.

secondly, are you dehydrated from the weird stools? That can cause severe crampin.

ankietyjoe
24-09-19, 08:50
If you're worried, stop drinking 5 times the recommended limit of alcohol per week. Don't cut down, just stop. Yes it's hard, but you need to do that before you start tackling anything else.

You are drinking poison, alcohol is literally poison to the body and it will have consequences. Your body treats it like the toxin that it is, and now you're feeling the effects of it. Your body sends the toxin to the liver to be processed at the cost of almost all other bodily processes, and at a bottle per day your body will be doing that almost 24/7.

That's where you start.