PDA

View Full Version : Earth Flat?

Carnation
24-09-19, 11:25
Currently in the news at the moment.
Thought it would be interesting to hear people's views on this.

Quinn1
24-09-19, 11:31
:roflmao:
Sorry Carnation,I thought it was square.:D

Carnation
24-09-19, 12:01
:D

Carnation
24-09-19, 12:02
Where would that put Australia Quinn? :shrug:

mezzaninedoor
24-09-19, 15:28
Really ?!?
I sometimes fail to understand some of my fellow human beings.
Flat Earthers really are some of the most misled people alive.

Midnight-mouse
24-09-19, 16:57
I looked into flat earth theories a while ago, there are some very very strange people within the beliefs. Even more worrisome is some of the positions in the world they hold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DustingMyselfOff
24-09-19, 17:12
At first I thought you were kidding, Mrs. C, and then I Googled it and saw that there are some people who are trying to prove the earth is flat. Takes all kinds, right? I love me a good conspiracy theory, but that one? Nah, think I'll pass from jumping on that train.
Sue

Carnation
24-09-19, 17:31
I didn't even know this theory existed?!? :ohmy:

DustingMyselfOff
24-09-19, 17:51
I guess I better be extra careful next time I talk the dogs for a long walk. I might be distracted and fall off!
Sue

Carys
24-09-19, 18:43
Ah 'flat earthers', not heard about them in a while. Strange strange people, in many ways.They could kinda get away with hundreds of years ago (well not really lol), but like satellites and space travel and the moon landing all dispproved it immediately. However, they keep on going......

The world is like a penny whirrling silently in space......:whistles:

Midnight-mouse
24-09-19, 18:52
If the Earth were flat cats would of pushed everything off the edge by now! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carys
24-09-19, 18:58
This is very true, and some silly cats would have walked on the edge and toppled straight off, but looked nonochalant as they drifted through space .

MyNameIsTerry
24-09-19, 19:00
Ah 'flat earthers', not heard about them in a while. Strange strange people, in many ways.They could kinda get away with hundreds of years ago (well not really lol), but like satellites and space travel and the moon landing all dispproved it immediately. However, they keep on going......The world is like a penny whirrling silently in space......:whistles:I'm not telling Froch he's full of it, we'll I suppose I could put a horse shoe in my boxing glove :yesyes: You can't get him on the Moon landings either, he says they're fake :roflmao: He now just needs to tick the climate change denier and anti vaxxer boxes for a full house of bat shit bingo :roflmao: Anyway, I thought we were all balanced on four elephants riding the World Turtle?

MyNameIsTerry
24-09-19, 19:01
This is very true, and some silly cats would have walked on the edge and toppled straight off, but looked nonochalant as they drifted through space .In which case they would have featured in the funny cats thread and likely spawned some memes.

Carys
24-09-19, 19:02
Exactly ! THAT is how it would have been proved to be flat, and nothing else will convince.

pulisa
24-09-19, 19:55
It's a wonderful antidote to Brexit!

MyNameIsTerry
24-09-19, 20:01
It's a wonderful antidote to Brexit!That's also looking a bit flat :whistles:

LouiseAndy
24-09-19, 20:08
My college has a society for flat earthers lol They held some type of test outside in the green area the other day to try and show everyone their thoughts. It was a little awkward but they seemed to be enjoying themselves!

Carys
24-09-19, 20:11
NO wayyyyyy, so what test was this ? What I don't get is, if it WAS flat, there would be (like on a coin) an edge of some sort that you could stand on, how do they explain that ?

LouiseAndy
24-09-19, 20:34
They had like a homemade light lazer and they were moving a mirror around to try and show how the light didn't curve or something lol I didn't really understand their point tbh

Hollow
24-09-19, 21:46
The Flat earth conspiracy is a fraud. The only reason it's getting attention in the media is to discredit genuine conspiracies like 9/11. The powers that be have lost control of their fake narratives so they're trying to lump genuine conspiracy researchers together with the flat earthers. It won't work in the end as you can't suppress the truth forever.

Quinn1
25-09-19, 02:05
:roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
25-09-19, 02:45
My college has a society for flat earthers lol They held some type of test outside in the green area the other day to try and show everyone their thoughts. It was a little awkward but they seemed to be enjoying themselves!

Blimey, Louise! An educational establishment with a flat earth society! Do they let them in the science block? :biggrin:

MyNameIsTerry
25-09-19, 02:47
NO wayyyyyy, so what test was this ? What I don't get is, if it WAS flat, there would be (like on a coin) an edge of some sort that you could stand on, how do they explain that ?

Wasn't there also something about how they believed there was a continent beyond the North Pole where all the uber rich lived? Or maybe that's a schism of flat earther society and they look down on those bat shit crazy groups :roflmao:

Noivous
25-09-19, 03:16
Funny thing is way back when it was the vast majority of the scientific community that had the public convinced the earth was flat. It was only a few guys that said it's round.

Kind of like Global Warming today.😁

MyNameIsTerry
25-09-19, 03:39
Funny thing is way back when it was the vast majority of the scientific community that had the public convinced the earth was flat. It was only a few guys that said it's round.

Kind of like Global Warming today.

The crazy thing is back then there were reasons why most people didn't understand things outside of a very small bubble. But can anyone explain in todays educated society why we have Scientology and why so many loons exist in Hollywood that follow it? :roflmao:

Just think if we have a nuclear war and some future human finds one of Hubbard's books in the dust it could become the new world religion! :ohmy:

Phill2
25-09-19, 07:24
Where would that put Australia Quinn? :shrug:

From the flat earthers.
Just goes to show the nonsense they spread.
It appears that I'm a computer generated image,
Living in the Matrix maybe????

https://www.largescaleforums.com/attachments/ebgl4vhxkaecfoc-jpeg-jpg.53427/

mezzaninedoor
25-09-19, 23:57

Kind of like Global Warming today.

So wrong Noivous.
Global Warming is not anything like Flat Earth theory and I suspect you know that.
If we care about the following generations we need to get serious about tackling Global Warming.

Phill2
26-09-19, 01:07
So wrong Noivous.
Global Warming is not anything like Flat Earth theory and I suspect you know that.
If we care about the following generations we need to get serious about tackling Global Warming.

Let's not make this thread about global warming or climate change as it's now called.
The fact is some believe and some don't so it could just result in a big argument.

Quinn1
28-09-19, 10:24
Hey Phill,do you mean some people believe in a flat earth:roflmao: or climate change :D

Carnation
28-09-19, 12:23
As long as we don't start talking about Brexit on here :lac:

Carys
28-09-19, 15:40
The fact is some believe and some don't so it could just result in a big argument.

I hope everyone believes in climate change :huh:

MyNameIsTerry
28-09-19, 16:20
If the earth is flat who are the mysterious order who have been rowing out to the edges to maintain the walls keeping the water in?

pulisa
28-09-19, 19:45
As long as we don't start talking about Brexit on here :lac:

Dear God, noooooo....

Would we need a backstop if the earth were flat?

pulisa
28-09-19, 19:49
If the earth is flat who are the mysterious order who have been rowing out to the edges to maintain the walls keeping the water in?

The Backstop-peers?

Noivous
05-10-19, 13:31
So wrong Noivous.

So you do believe that the world is going to end in 12 years then?

Noivous
05-10-19, 13:33
Here's one Harvard professor that would have been drawn and quartered for saying the earth is round back in the day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4JJ3yeiNjf4