PDA

View Full Version : 4 panic attacks in 3 days

Kel_
24-09-19, 23:48
Hi
My mum passed away last weekend and this weekend and today I've had 4 panic attacks. I did suffer with them previously but I hadn't had any for a while but no I'm just getting them a lot. The funeral is next week but I'm worried that this is going to be a frequent occurrence from now on. Has anyone else had an experience like this before.

Thanks

Scass
25-09-19, 06:56
I’m so sorry for your loss.
I don’t think it’ll be your new normal, you’re in shock and grieving. You could always visit your doctor for advice and support.
Make sure you get plenty of rest.

BlueIris
25-09-19, 07:08
My condolences, Kel.

Please cut yourself some slack? You've had something truly shocking happen to you, it's not surprising that the panic attacks are returning. As Scass says, have a chat with your GP if you could do with some extra support.

Be patient with yourself, and give yourself time to heal. For what it's worth, four panic attacks in three days is about my average for far less stressful occurrences.

Kel_
25-09-19, 12:03
I used to take Propranolol but I stopped. I didn't really like the way it made me feel

BlueIris
25-09-19, 12:11
Beta blockers aren't the only option - at this stage, you might benefit from grief counselling. There are also other medications that might be appropriate. Either way, it would be a good idea to get the relevant support mechanisms put in place.

Carnation
25-09-19, 15:03
Kel, you will be ok for the funeral if you are worrying about that. I know I was worried when I lost my mum. But strength and courage kicks in to get you through.
I spent a good time talking to The Samaritans and there is the bereavement number you can call.
I take chamomile tea for calming and just get plenty of rest. x

Kel_
25-09-19, 20:45
I'm just feeling tired a lot. I'm getting 8 hours sleep a night but I've got bags under my eyes. I suppose this is normal but I'm also coming onto my monthly periods now so this might not be helping either

Scass
25-09-19, 20:59
It’s exhausting, that’s one of the things I remember about my Mum dying. And that I needed to take time to be by myself and rest.

Kel_
26-09-19, 09:08
I think I need a bit of structure back in my life. At the moment it's late nights and 9 o clock wake ups

Kel_
27-09-19, 09:29
I'm a complete mess at the moment. Don't know how I'm supposed to get through all of this

BlueIris
27-09-19, 09:40
One hour at a time.

Kel_
27-09-19, 12:57
I just keep panicking and crying. I'm getting pains everywhere

BlueIris
27-09-19, 13:04
It's the anxiety. It's horribly tough and it isn't fair, but you will get better.

Kel_
27-09-19, 14:16
I'm just hoping that it's better after the funeral

Kel_
30-09-19, 13:50
I don't think that this is going to be any easier after the funeral. Whenever I'm left on my own I get panic attacks coming on.

BlueIris
30-09-19, 13:51
What coping strategies do you have in place for dealing with them?

Kel_
30-09-19, 16:33
I don't have anything. They used to go away on their own or I took a tablet