PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please....Lyme Disease

allen1989
25-09-19, 16:16
As many of you know through reading my previous posts, I have really suffered over the past year with crippling health anxiety. It all started at the beginning of 2018 when I had a total breakdown because of stress at work, home life and waiting for mole biopsy results (came back negative). I have since had every test under the sun; 15 ECGs, brain ct scan, chest x ray, 24hr heart monitor, 24hr urine test, bloods for vitamins, hormones, cortisol etc....all negative. My doctor diagnosed anxiety/panic disorder/depression. I still wasn’t satisfied, typical health anxiety, so paid to have 2 Lyme tests - came back negative. So I went back to my GP and ask for another, my 3rd, came back negative again for Lyme and the infections. He told me to stop all of this and concentrate on my anxiety but I just couldn’t.

I have since paid privately and they sent my tests to a place overseas where I tested positive for Lyme. I took these results to my GP who informed me that this particular lab is not accredited and they often produce a lot of false positives. He also discussed this with an infectious disease doctor who agreed, this is Where I should’ve listened but didn’t. I went ahead with treatment and have had nearly 6 months worth of strong antibiotics.

I have recently been back to my GP who couldn’t believe what I had done but was still very understanding. He told me that any infection would’ve been cleared with that amount of time on antibiotics.

What do people think, was it the right thing to do?

My head is just all over the place

I still suffer daily from:

Anxiety
Panic attacks
Depression
Adrenaline rushes
Twitching

Typical health anxiety, I just can’t let things go and constantly thing about my health.

BlueIris
25-09-19, 16:31
I think you really need to sort yourself out with therapy and possibly antidepressants. Antibiotics aren't something to be trifled with - taking the strong stuff for 6 months will mess with your gut flora, and a lot of theories suggest this won't help with the anxiety and depression in and of itself.

I think you made a horrible mistake with that non-accredited lab, but I can understand how desperation can drive us to do the most irrational, stupid things.

Hypo84
25-09-19, 16:34
Instead of drinking antibiotics for 6 months which was unnecessary, you could have been on anti-depressants which would be much more helpful.

Visit some therapist, if necessary start taking meds and in a month or two things will start improving.

Not sure what you want to get for Lyme's. You didn't have it 99.9% and you drank so much antibiotics that now you don't have it 100%.

allen1989
25-09-19, 16:43
I think you really need to sort yourself out with therapy and possibly antidepressants. Antibiotics aren't something to be trifled with - taking the strong stuff for 6 months will mess with your gut flora, and a lot of theories suggest this won't help with the anxiety and depression in and of itself.

I think you made a horrible mistake with that non-accredited lab, but I can understand how desperation can drive us to do the most irrational, stupid things.

Thanks for replying to me today BlueIris!

Your right, I do need to sort myself out. I just did it in desperation as I truly believed something was wrong. You read so many horror stories about Lyme disease and having health anxiety doesn’t help. I think I need medication and some more CBT.

My doctor has advised me to take a probiotic for a couple months to replace good bacteria.

Thanks.

allen1989
25-09-19, 16:48
Instead of drinking antibiotics for 6 months which was unnecessary, you could have been on anti-depressants which would be much more helpful.

Visit some therapist, if necessary start taking meds and in a month or two things will start improving.

Not sure what you want to get for Lyme's. You didn't have it 99.9% and you drank so much antibiotics that now you don't have it 100%.

You’re right and I need help, whether that’s medication or CBT or both. I’ve just been in a real dark place this past year and need to do something about it now.

Thanks Hypo