PDA

View Full Version : Cannot shake this thought/twitches

Manc12
26-09-19, 07:32
Hi all. . So last week I posted about how I was being positive and not noticing my symptoms anymore.

However in the last four days they are back with avengance. My legs are constantly twitching (only when at rest) and when I'm walking I just feel odd. Not weak as such. And when I'm sat I feel like my legs ache. This has now been going on for three months.

But I don't know if this is in my head. I've done all sorts of test to see if I can walk on heels, toes, I've got no issues with stairs and I can actively do everything.

All that said. Everytime I get a twitch I'm convinced it's something like ALS. I sit and think about it all evening when I get home from work. I can't tell my girlfriend coz she will think I'm over reacting.

I know the chances of it being a life threatening Illness are slim. But it's still worrying. Might be worth pointing out also that all this began the day after I read an article on ALS.

BlueIris
26-09-19, 07:51
Manc, I'm sorry you're in such a bad place.

What you need to do is remind yourself that these scary thoughts are nevertheless only thoughts, and they can't hurt you no matter how frightening they are.

Cptdebbie
29-09-19, 02:40
I'm the twitchy lady. I twitch all over. It is scary. I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. The only answer is to try to get busy doing something else. It is so hard to do sometimes, but it will help.

I'm sending good thoughts your way.