PDA

View Full Version : Hit Head - Scared of Brain Bleed

akh92
26-09-19, 16:21
Last Friday morning I hit my head pretty hard on the door frame of my car getting into it. It hurt really bad when it happened and I was just kind of shocked. I shook it off and felt fine that evening and the next day Saturday. Sunday I woke up with a headache on the side of my head that I hit and every day since then I have head this same headache on the side where I was hit. I went to urgent care on Tuesday and she did not think it was anything serious; didnt do any scans or anything. It is now Thursday and I still have this headache and I am starting to PANIC about having a slow brain bleed or something like that :( I need reasurrance!

BlueIris
26-09-19, 16:25
You hit your head, you have a headache. Cause and effect. Just because it hurts, it doesn't mean that there's anything nastier going on than a bang on the head.

I've been hit on the back of the head by a full-sized glider and I didn't suffer a concussion, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

lofwyr
26-09-19, 18:11
Boxers and MMA fighters get hit in the head, hard, all night long. If it were that easy to get a brain bleed, those guys would be dying on a daily basis.

LouiseAndy
26-09-19, 18:40
One time in work, someone accidentally left two steal door close on my head (long story, kinda funny). I saw stars for a moment and got a bruise- but that was it. People get knocked on the head every day! It easy to start to panic about it but I think you'll be fine.