PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could have my Health Anxiety back :(

Mav
27-09-19, 02:58
I'm sorry if this upsets anyone, but I'm quite upset at the moment so I just feel like sharing this somewhere and I dont know where. I used have really bad health obsessions that took over my life for 2 years, but somehow I managed to practise acceptance and said to myself "if I do get ill then I will be able to handle it".

Sadly last year my obsessions switched to something else (obsessing over morality), and now I actually wish for my old theme back. I know that it feels like the grass is always greener, but I've been on the other side before and it's much easier to practise acceptance with themes like health anxiety, and not at all easy with moral themes.

I wish I could have my old obsessions back but I'm no longer scared of illness or dying so I doubt it will come back and now I am stuck with a theme that causes me more torment and suffering than anything ever has before. :(

Cptdebbie
29-09-19, 06:38
Thank you for posting this. I am so sorry you are still struggling. It was helpful for me, though, to hear your perspective.