PDA

View Full Version : Tell me I’m being ridiculous

Gee
27-09-19, 15:25
I just had an eye test and he said 1. I have low blood pressure which apparently you can tell from an eye test and 2. I had a tiny dot on my retina, he said it could be sun damage like literally a dot of a cell or a birth mark thing, but nothing to worry about he said wear sunglasses.

I start panicking - getting in a tizz and google something ... what comes up - a black dot on the retina can indicate cancer !

1. He is a optician ... he must know that
2. The bloody dot wasn’t black I don’t think I think it was white!

Why does my brain work like this I’m so sick of it!

BlueIris
27-09-19, 15:29
You're being ridiculous, he'd tell you if there was something to worry about.

On the other hand, I haven't had my eyes tested since the 90s because I'm so scared of them finding a brain tumour, so you're doing way better than I am!

Gee
27-09-19, 15:37
I even asked him about a brain tumor - he said this picture is of your eyes not your brain - if you had a brain tumor it would of been picked up by one of the other tests you just did, I spoke to a friend of mine who said I honestly wouldn’t connect dots like you do in your head - it must be horrible worrying like you do, I’m like yep ... it’s the worst thing ever! I don’t know how to stop it! I tried referring myself for CBT but they said after I did all the paperwork that I don’t register clinically - I guess because my anxiety doesn’t stop me doing things, working, going out, watching medical shows so maybe the questionnaire reflecting that. I need to see if I can afford private

I’m just exhausted from worrying and keep getting that hot panicking feeling!

BlueIris
27-09-19, 15:42
Would your GP refer you? I work full-time and go out, and I've still been able to have a couple of courses of CBT.

Gee
27-09-19, 15:45
I’m not sure, tbh I feel like my GP is sick of the sight of me, they dismiss me before I barely get in the room - I have had a breast cancer episode after a fibroadenoma found, a cervical cancer episode after a CIN1 changes smear test and now a brain tumor/ secondary eye cancer episode after trying to make myself feel better about thinking I could smell smoke by having the eye app and hoping they would say wow your eyes are fine lol

Then they said those 2 things now I’m freaking out!

Dying_Swan
27-09-19, 17:20
I'm sure the optician would have referred you if there was any doubt. Mine referred me for "scarring" in the back of my eyes which turned out to just be my nerves. I'd be very surprised if they'd take any risk. I think your GP would be pleased that you want to tackle your HA.

Gee
27-09-19, 17:42
Made an app ... closest one they have to offer me in is a month ... lord hopefully there isn’t something seriously wrong with me because I’d be dead by then!